Found Deceased TX - Marisela Botello, 23, visiting Dallas from Seattle, 5 Oct 2020 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just saw this:

Missing Seattle Woman, 23, Hasn't Been Seen Since Leaving Tx. Bar After Night Out 3 Weeks Ago
Marisela Botello vanished Oct. 4, on the last night of a weekend trip to see her ex-boyfriend in Dallas
By Chris Harris
October 29, 2020 10:19 AM
Police continue to search for a missing Seattle woman who vanished during what was supposed to be a weekend trip to Texas to see her ex-boyfriend.

PEOPLE confirms Marisela Botello, 23, has not been seen since Oct. 4, the final night of her trip to Dallas. She was scheduled to fly back to Seattle on Oct. 5.
According to police, on the night she vanished, Botello took a Lyft to Deep Ellum, a popular nightclub in Dallas.
Botello went out by herself that evening, after her ex-boyfriend apparently insisted on staying home.
Relatives have spoken to media outlets, saying security footage shows her leaving the Select Start bar at around 1 a.m. with an unknown man.
[...]
Police confirm her ex still has her belongings.
Her cellphone and credit cards have not been used since that night, they confirm.
Family members say she was an avid traveler. When she missed her flight home to Seattle, they started to worry.

Source:
Missing Seattle Woman, 23, Hasn't Been Seen Since Leaving Tx. Bar After Night Out 3 Weeks Ago

Has there been anything released on WHERE her debit card was last used? ATM? Convenience store? Would be helpful in determining a possible direction and insight into her situation at that time.

FWIW - Currently in Dallas - Not a lot open late late at night... ESPECIALLY on a Monday night. Covid shutdown has made for early closing times for a lot of (formerly) all-night businesses. Extending hours again post-"re-opening" has been slow to take hold.
Thanks for the info, and

Welcome to Websleuths,
yurintroubl !!

Dallas police say they are looking for a person of interest connected to the case of a missing Seattle woman who hasn’t been seen since she visited Deep Ellum more than three weeks ago.

Police said they are looking for Charles Beltran. They did not provide a detailed physical description but said he was driving a black 2014 Audi A6 with Texas license plates MJG-3114 in the early-morning hours of Oct. 5 — the day 23-year-old Marisela Botello disappeared.

VLRB6TSU4FADVPJEBR35SGDA3Y.png

Dallas police seek person of interest in disappearance of Marisela Botello, Seattle woman last seen in Deep Ellum

For reference, The Deep Ellum area in Dallas is a district with a high proportion of bars, night clubs, tattoo parlors, small to mid size concert halls, head shops and an alternative modern art gallery or two. Over the years, there have been several campaigns to gentrify Deep Ellum, but they have never fully taken root.

The area attracts a diverse crowd of fun seekers, some resident urban pioneers, second (or third) wave hippies as well as a certain number of at risk youth types and people with substance abuse problems.

Though the area is not explicitly dangerous per se, it does have a reputation for volatility stemming from a notably larger than average number of people under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any given time and is also known for persistent, but usually low level street crime.

Thanks much, @Cryptic, for the info about the Deep Ellum area. I took a Google-Map "tour" of the bar and the area in general, and I thought it might have some rough edges. But that's very typical of so many areas we all see either where we live or when we travel on business or visit friends, uh, back when we did that type of thing, that is.

By what I read in one of the articles, it sounded like Marisela left with a man.
When she did leave, who would even have noticed her enuff to tell LEO's about how she left re transportation, or her sobriety level, etc. Film doesn't ever tell us enuff. Maybe someone knows the guy with whom she left. Hoping... Cab or Uber or Lyft driver picked them up?
Methinks this may be a tuff one to solve. Let's hope she is doing okay and trying to get back home.
IMO, it's not looking good for her...

Dallas police say they are looking for a person of interest connected to the case of a missing Seattle woman who hasn’t been seen since she visited Deep Ellum more than three weeks ago.

Police said they are looking for Charles Beltran. They did not provide a detailed physical description but said he was driving a black 2014 Audi A6 with Texas license plates MJG-3114 in the early-morning hours of Oct. 5 — the day 23-year-old Marisela Botello disappeared.

VLRB6TSU4FADVPJEBR35SGDA3Y.png

Dallas police seek person of interest in disappearance of Marisela Botello, Seattle woman last seen in Deep Ellum

He looks scary to me, but I'm a big wimp... Looks like prison tats on his neck, IMO, but whadda I know about prison tats...

If she did leave with him, could he have simply told her he'd drop her off at the inn where she was staying, and things got out of hand? Was she too inebriated/drugged to make good decisions for herself?

He looks scary to me, but I'm a big wimp... Looks like prison tats on his neck, IMO, but whadda I know about prison tats...

I'm not sure I've ever seen a murderer with big ear gauges. I'm sure there's been a couple 3 at some point... Just none come to mind at the moment. There are a lot of biker/artist/DJ/musician types in and around Deep Ellum. That guy looks about par for the course. If he's the one from the grainy security vid - He's not a little dude.

OCT 29, 2020
Man Wanted for Questioning by Dallas Police After Seattle Woman Disappears
[...]

...surveillance video showed her leaving the Select Start Arcade and Bar shortly after 1 a.m. with a man the family doesn't believe she knew.

Dallas police haven't verified the existence of that video.

With Botello's belongings left behind at the house where she'd been staying and a missed return flight home to Seattle, Castillo doesn't believe she disappeared willingly.

"She had a good job, a good life out here. She was just visiting. She likes to travel. That's what she does, so she wasn't running away from a bad situation. She's absolutely in some sort of danger," said Castillo.

[...]

OCT 29, 2020
Person of interest sought in Seattle woman's disappearance after night out in Deep Ellum

marisela_botello6_2f6b85605ea0337a4f6addab0e9d9de3.fit-360w.jpg

... Her ex-boyfriend called her parents and reported her missing to the police.

[...]

FOX News reports Beltran is the man seen in the security video with Botello and say they have tried to contact him but haven't had any success. Dallas police would not independently confirm that information.

"They apparently have tried reaching out to him, but he disconnected all social media," Castillo told Fox News. "When they ID'd him, he was unreachable and appeared to have moved."

[...]

Not at all blaming ex boyfriend one bit. At that age if I was visiting and had a fabulous purple dress I'd have walked to a club.

Scarry prison ink guy? Would have chatted him right up. Taken a ride back to ex's because my STUFF was there. Makeup, jewelry, clothing. All that mattered at a young age especially if ex wanted to just veg on my last night in town.

Praying as hard as I can this dude hasn't hurt her especially after conning her. A novena is in order. Ya just can't be young, and have a d@mn good time! Virgin Mary protect this beautiful girl. Give her family peace.

Marisela Botello Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

1.Botello Had Her Cell Phone & Debit Card With Her That Night But Neither Have Been Used Since She Went Missing

2. Botello Was Seen on Surveillance Leaving With a Man & Police Are Looking For Charles Beltran as a Person of Interest

3. Botello was Wearing a Purple Metallic Dress When She Went Out on October 4 But It’s Not Clear Why She Went Out Alone Since She Was In Dallas Visiting an Ex-Boyfriend

4. Crime Has Been High in Dallas in 2020 & Locals Says the Area Where Botellow Went Out Is Not Safe

5. The Case Is Still Being Investigated as a Missing Person’s Case as There Is No Proof of a Crime at This Point

Not implicating exboyfriend at all. Just speculating. How long was the trip planned? Had they argued about staying in?

Of course Marisela is an adult, and we don't know ex, but alot of guys would say "oh h#ll no you ain't going out alone". Maybe pacify ya, and go out a bit. Or the opposite "you're grown go on out". Again not blaming him, but just thinking aloud.

Could Marisela met that guy during the day? Maybe out shopping or sightseeing and made plans to meet up?

Just trying to make sense of a scary world, and praying this lovely girl gets home with her devoted family.

Last photo of woman who mysteriously vanished during night out
''Since her mysterious disappearance, a photo has emerged of the outfit she was last seen wearing while visiting Dallas from Seattle to see an ex-boyfriend.

In the photo she is wearing a purple dress while snapping a picture with her mobile phone while standing in front of a mirror''.
32621870-1b08-11eb-bf77-f4398e86d6be

240f4c10-1b09-11eb-bf77-a59a82e8bf7e

Police want to speak with Charles Beltran about Ms Botello's disappearance. Source: Dallas Police Department

This Beltran guy, if he was innocent of any wrong doing, he'd come forward. That and the fact he disconnected his social media and can't be reached, and his apparent previous arrests is alarming.
His black Audi is missing too, so he drove somewhere. He and the vehicle are holed up somewhere, or on the road to wherever?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LCD2024!
Back