Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Damn. I was really hoping he was a 'bad' dude and was still alive out there. That would have been the better scenario in my mind. RIP Matthew.

I am so thankful Oliver survived all of this.

I really was too. I was hoping he was avoiding a court date, and would be found safe.

So sad.

What a mystery, of how his son got out of the boat safely from the accident.

Prayers for peace for his family.

I have no experience with boats at all, but I can see it being an accident. My only hang up with an accident is the little boy not being found until the next day. I can buy him not being wet or injured, but I can't get past him not being found until the next day. Two year olds wander, but it says he was found near the boat. Some kids are really shy, but if he came to them "with open arms" the following day, I'd think he'd do the same that very night.

Stranger things have happened, so maybe the dad really did fall out of the boat or something. It all just seems off to me. I'm just glad the little boy is safe. If dad disappeared on his own, the things throwing my hinky meter off indicate that he didn't leave the little one out there alone all night, so at least there's that.

He could easily been curled up somewhere under a tree sleeping and not found.....JMO

I feel the same way.

I didn't really see him in a bad light, I thought he might've just disappeared and tried to make it look like an accident. I try not to be too judgey when nobody was physically harmed. I feel bad for even questioning the entire thing, though.

Yes, exactly. I'm not a judgy person and I totally judged here. Makes me realize when all signs point to one thing it's just not always that. I have to be a better person.

I don't feel bad for questioning anything. Especially in this case where MM had the type of legal problems that he did. Now, accusing a person without proof of wrongdoing is another thing. MOO. I wonder what the COD was. I am just glad that the little guy is OK.

He could easily been curled up somewhere under a tree sleeping and not found.....JMO

Well yeah, that was probably the case. All kids are different, I was just thinking a 2 year old would likely cry out to them while he was alone outside at night. Maybe not during the day, but it's pretty scary for a child at night. I figure he just slept through it all. My kid is such a light sleeper, I forget that some of them sleep like rocks. Maybe he just wandered off where he wasn't able to hear them. Either way, I'm so glad he made his way to them when he did.

Well yeah, that was probably the case. All kids are different, I was just thinking a 2 year old would likely cry out to them while he was alone outside at night. Maybe not during the day, but it's pretty scary for a child at night. I figure he just slept through it all. My kid is such a light sleeper, I forget that some of them sleep like rocks. Maybe he just wandered off where he wasn't able to hear them. Either way, I'm so glad he made his way to them when he did.
Possibly he knows when it gets dark out to go to sleep. Glad he found somewhere safe to lay down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I feel for the family of the deceased. However, if someone who has been charged with endangering a minor by failing to properly secure them in a moving vehicle again endangers a minor in the course of going missing, I think that person deserves some scrutiny. And that's regardless of outcome.

I'm glad they found him. I hope his suffering was swift. Imagine the baby. Surviving the night. He may have been knocked out or fell asleep. Trauma can cause all sorts of miracles to happen. His dad may have even sacrificed his own life to save him. Whatever the case, how sad. He had some challenges but he was still handling things it appeared, jail on the weekend, work and take the boy fishing when you can. Appears honest enough. Strange and odd things that happen aren't always strange and odd. Getting the facts correct and letting logic come in play without judgment or emotions can be down right difficult. If something makes you feel uncomfortable, that you do, learn from it. So sad. Life.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I'm glad they found him. I hope his suffering was swift. Imagine the baby. Surviving the night. He may have been knocked out or fell asleep. Trauma can cause all sorts of miracles to happen. His dad may have even sacrificed his own life to save him. Whatever the case, how sad. He had some challenges but he was still handling things it appeared, jail on the weekend, work and take the boy fishing when you can. Appears honest enough. Strange and odd things that happen aren't always strange and odd. Getting the facts correct and letting logic come in play without judgment or emotions can be down right difficult. If something makes you feel uncomfortable, that you do, learn from it. So sad. Life.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Very well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rose: RIP Matthew :rose:

God Bless Oliver.

I'm sorry he died, but he was a disaster waiting to happen. It's a miracle his child wasn't taken down with him.

I'm interested in the toxicology report.

Y'all shouldn't be beating yourselves up for questioning this case. It's true he was a negligent father (no seat belt) who clearly had a drinking problem (3 DWIs). I'm sorry but I don't know any mother who would allow their child to go off with his father with that kind of record of irresponsibility and I won't apologize for thinking that way. I'd have called the cops if he got out of the driveway with my kid and that kind of record. Don't say she probably didn't know about all of those charges, either.
It's a miracle that Oliver survived.
I live about an hour from there, my husband is an "avid" fisherman and he would never in a million years allow any child into a boat without a life jacket.
In the picture the mother posted it does appear that there is "someone" in the reflection of MM's sunglasses.
Oliver does not have on an undershirt, but maybe media simply used wrong word description.
Oliver had to have been knocked unconscious - a guy showed up less than an hour after launch and didn't see the child.
It does appear the 'supposed' selfie might have been taken at the same location as the eventual accidental 'docking.'
The water is very cold which would account for Oliver not going into it, maybe.
The creek is like a snake, blind corners and it appears he was coming around a corner not headed directly into resting spot. He could have fell out backwards, accidentally but would the boat have continued on that path?
To my knowledge it's still too cold for snakes to be out (for that person surprised Oliver wasn't snakebitten.)
I assure you without question IF my two year old was missing - my *advertiser censored* would have been out there searching all night long for him or her, period.
So for all those who are beating themselves up for questioning, I didn't even come into WS until after I knew his body was found and I'm still suspicious.
He was 5'9" and weighed 185lbs per police records. Google Earth shows a very nice home in a very nice neighborhood. He had a Landscaping Company and she is an Accountant.
Prayers to all who loved him regardless of his mistakes and may we all find out what happened and how it happened.
I don't get involved in many cases but this one is bothering me for some reason.
PS I'm sick of requests

:rose:RIP Matthew:rose: it could have gone either way, and im sorry to hear he is deceased but why allow your 2 yr old to not have a life vest on? like someone else said, im interested in the tox report

Local news NBC said ME released cause of death as hit by propeller...story coming up will try to find link

So he basically fell out of the boat and the propeller killed him? I don't know anything about boats this size. Is that a gruesome thing or more like he got knocked out and sunk to the bottom? I hope he wasn't gruesome, especially for the son's sake.

Just saw it on the medical examiner public access website. How does that happen? Very disturbing.

I really hope the boy did not see it happen. Which is entirely possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back