TX - Melissa Davis, 33, burned alive, Austin, 29 Sept 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ND2014

Reaction score

An autopsy was conducted, and medical examiners found no obvious trauma to the body, but did find physical evidence that the victim was alive when her body was burned.

A family member of the victim told police they last saw her the day before the fire, and that Davis told them she was going to the Apple store to get her phone fixed.

Detectives said Davis’ phone was not at the scene of the fire.

Police, according to the search warrant, hope acquiring Davis’ cellphone data will help them locate a suspect.

The article above states a butcher knife was found at the scene. I'm guessing the victim was stabbed but still breathing when set fire. Just horrifying. Sounds very personal. I'm guessing it's a domestic incident, likely a romantic partner.

Sadly, it doesn't take much looking through her facebook page to have a very good idea of who might have killed her. I don't notice LE asking for tips on the murderer, just location of her vehicle.

Sadly, it doesn't take much looking through her facebook page to have a very good idea of who might have killed her. I don't notice LE asking for tips on the murderer, just location of her vehicle.

Wow, you're right. Looks like someone with the same name kept creating new FB profiles and posting on her page, I'm guessing because she kept blocking him and he had to create new accounts. This person is complaining about missing her and has some disturbing content on his page. I bet LE is already collecting evidence to put the killer in jail stat; this clearly wasn't a very well-planned murder.

Last edited:
Wow, you're right. Looks like someone with the same name kept creating new FB profiles and posting on her page, I'm guessing because she kept blocking him and he had to create new accounts. This person is complaining about missing her and has some disturbing content on his page. I bet LE is already collecting evidence to put the killer in jail stat; this clearly wasn't a very well-planned murder.

Drug addicts seem to have multiple FB profiles. Not all of them of course but I've seen it plenty of times. I think they maybe forget the passwords and make new ones. I never understood why they wouldn't go the forget password route to reset it.

Drug addicts seem to have multiple FB profiles. Not all of them of course but I've seen it plenty of times. I think they maybe forget the passwords and make new ones. I never understood why they wouldn't go the forget password route to reset it.
I think they also get locked out of their devices due to non-payment.

Her car is missing too. This guy isn’t very bright (judging by his FB ) and it’s a matter of time before LE tracks down that car through him

creepy dude, creepy posts.

Omg….. did you see the comment by a GL under her Sept 15, 2022 post?
It says “You’re on fire”.

1697926931134.jpeg
Her obituary also shares stories about her love for animals:
This was evident even as a small child where she would hug the family dog shouting, “Doggy, doggy, doggy, doggy!” and let out huge laughs as he leisurely pranced around the house happy to be her entertainment. She took immense pride in being dog mom to Dudley who was her constant companion for the past six years – he wanted for nothing! They lived in the mountains together for many years and loved taking long hikes and camping trips together. Being in nature was their happy place. They were truly a dynamic duo!

Texas police are looking for answers surrounding the death of a woman who’s body was found burned by the side of a road in an upscale Austin neighborhood.

The body of Melissa Davis, 33, was located by firefighters responding to calls of a fire on the morning of Sept. 29.
Detectives discovered a lighter in the area, according to local outlet KXAN. A police K-9 was called to the scene and found a butcher knife which had the scent of a lighter, officials said.
Austin police believe “the knife was placed with the decedent in an attempt to destroy the evidence with the fire.”
Not much new info but I didn't see this article posted. It's from Oct. 12th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scotto
Back