GUILTY TX - Melissa Sowders, 26, Harris County, 26 December 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
how true. If its any consolation it doesn't sound like he planned to murder her answering the door with her bodxy visible etc.

How do you connect no premeditation and answering the door with her body visible? Premeditation can form very quickly.

Well, that's pretty damning evidence against him. I must say I'm shocked to say the least. I stick by my statement that he was raised in a loving home. We never know what's truly inside a person until something like this happens.

I am sorry, I'm sure this is weighing heavy on your heart.

I am still sticking by Matt and his family. I will not believe he's guilty until I see undisputed evidence or a confession. I am sad for those 4 little girls and my condolences go out to Melissa's family.

He talked about it... Thankfully someone had the balls to come forward and talk...

MOO. . I think the ex may have found out through the grapevine. It's just the impression I got. I think he knew before she mustered up the courage to tell him.

Don't feel bad. His FB was "sanitized." I knew it. It was too sweet. You just learn these things after awhile. He had some similar photos on his FB, but they were "scrubbed." There were huge holes in his FB timeline. That's a red flag that things have been deleted.

I know you all know I was hard on him right from the starting gates. I understand why posters were suspicious of her bf. BUT as odd as he was, I knew he was being truthful. He rambled. He wasn't being conscientious of what he was saying. Liars stumble because they are aware and self conscience about the fact that they are lying. The bf's ramblings were things that would be too easily verified. LE was not interested in him. They were putting the screws to the ex. That alone screams that they already verified the bf and found him to be truthful.

Anyone who was paying attention could tell the ex lied about meeting at McDonald's. The bf was the last person to see her. She had plans to meet the ex and called the bf from McD's saying he was there. But yet LE says that the bf was still the last person to see her, but she was "seen" at McD's? Direct translation=she went to McD's, was "seen" on tape, but the ex denies being there. Uh. . .yeah. . .but the news reports that he was there with a child? You better believe LE knows he was there!

They also knew where her car was. And exactly where she dropped off the grid. There is no doubt in my mind that they pinged her phone and the ex's phone the same day she went missing. They knew EXACTLY what happened! And my money is on that they knew the bf told the truth, but the ex lied. Look. . .somebody can be the sleaziest, odd character, but if they are telling the truth, then that is what it is. Liars are much more dangerous. They have something to hide.

Welcome. And there is nothing wrong with supporting your friend. I hope you stick around. What you will find here is that a lot of posters have seen the underbelly. . .have been victims or are loved ones of victims, of people that most "normal" people have a hard time understanding really even exist. It's real. Some priests, teachers, boy scout leaders and youth pastors are really child rapists. The trusted doctor, banker, mailman or upstanding small business owner is really a serial killer. Evil walks among us. Human beings have the capacity to be the most vile, heinous creatures on earth. Take a stroll through this located forum. There are several new threads everyday. All of these people had loved ones, their perpetrators have loved ones too. And those loved ones have loyal friends. It's a very large, sick, twisted tree of pain and betrayal.

I can't imagine what your friend, Matthew's mother, is feeling at this moment. I'm a mother too. She must be in complete denial, if for nothing more, than keeping her sanity. You bring a innocent child into this world, love it and do the best that you can, but something like this happens. The self doubt and over whelming guilt must be unbearable.

But hear me now. You say you are a logical person. This case was overwhelmingly obvious from the get go. Matthew lied to the police. They have him, most likely, on multiple video tapes. I've been to this rodeo more times than I'd like to admit. They pinged Melissa's phone. They pinged Matthew's phone. Why do you think they found her car right off the bat? Why did they "know" she was in Cypress Creek? It's because they had the evidence. Not all cases are like this. Some go on for years without the kind of evidence that was so obvious here. As this evidence starts becoming public, I just want you to be prepared. You are going to be conflicted. And that is OK. His mother is not at fault. You are not at fault, when you start realizing that Matthew really did do this. He did this. And no one. . .NO ONE really knows what is in the heart or the mind of another.

I hate to be the one that lays it out like that. But you will learn. I wish you didn't have to. I wish that this didn't happen. I wish that Melissa was here, happily playing and loving her beautiful girls while preparing for the birth of another child. But, because of the actions of one man, that's not the reality. And reality is a cold, hard b*tch. Some of us learned that early on, some of us had to wait. Some lucky few will never have to learn. Welcome to this big green rock. :hug:

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

:clap::clap::clap:

I just have to stand up and applaud your post. Especially the bold underlined. This is what most people in our society, and our justice system, just doesn't get.

I get so frustrated at the denial, and the justice system and a society that allows all this to happen and continue.

That Einstein quote could have come straight out of my head. I've often said I don't have anger at the actual perps. There will always be those. But it's up to the society around these people to see it doesn't happen again. We don't do a very good job of that. I get frustrated to tears over that. :anguish:

It is against our rules to discuss anything from a comment section anywhere. You can link to it and say something like 'check out the comments section' but it can not be discussed here.

:tyou:

I spoke with a friend of mine and told him the details of the hearing. He said it sounds like he has a good attorney and could possibly get off. I said if someone is guilty of a heinous crime such as this, they must pay however difficult it may be for his a family. I still believe someone is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but I also strongly believe in the death penalty for murder and child molestation convictions.

Personally, I don't think he'll get off. I think LE collected many pieces of damning evidence. LE were issued an arrest warrant as soon as poor Melissa's remains had been found. That tells me there is solid, direct evidence (such as the phone call between the perp & his friend, wherein he allegedly confessed).

I won't be surprised if a plea deal is offered & accepted, i.e. death penalty off the table in exchange for a confession.

Personally, I don't think he'll get off. I think LE collected many pieces of damning evidence. LE were issued an arrest warrant as soon as poor Melissa's remains had been found. That tells me there is solid, direct evidence (such as the phone call between the perp & his friend, wherein he allegedly confessed).

I won't be surprised if a plea deal is offered & accepted, i.e. death penalty off the table in exchange for a confession.

I don't think there is justice is a plea deal.

I spoke with a friend of mine and told him the details of the hearing. He said it sounds like he has a good attorney and could possibly get off. I said if someone is guilty of a heinous crime such as this, they must pay however difficult it may be for his a family. I still believe someone is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but I also strongly believe in the death penalty for murder and child molestation convictions.

Does your friend think that because of the story about the gun? Just curious on why they would think he would get off when they found her right where he told a friend she was..

I agree and hope it happens. Apart from not being for the DP on principle - to many innocent people convicted - I believe his daughters may have loved their daddy (and who knows maybe been turned against mom) and to kill him would destroy their lives. When they are older they can decide if they want to visit him or not or if they want him as part of their lives but allow them to make the choice. To kill him would take away a loved parent which is tragic..for their sakes not his. It doesn't matter that he is the cause of it, for the children he is their daddy

The report said he said she had a gun; not that she did have a gun, as far as what
i read.

Well, I think it's plain where the Defense may be going - a self defense claim. GMAB

If it's eventually confirmed that Melissa indeed had been in possession of a firearm when she went to meet her estranged husband at McD's, I'd more inclined to believe that she brought it along for protection, based on the reports from her family members/friends that she was afraid of him.

He's a huge guy. He was obviously able to get close enough to strangle her, which begs the question: why didn't he disarm her, then, when he'd gained physical control of her with his hands around her neck (if strangulation was indeed the cause of death) & IF she had a gun? I'm not buying the "she-pulled-a-gun-on-me-so-I-strangled-her" claim.

Murdering someone by strangulation is up close & personal and is an act of rage.

I would be surprised if they offered him a plea deal. He doesn't have anything to bargain with. LE already has two witnesses to testify that he confessed to them, and one of those confessions is on tape! There aren't other victims. They don't need anything from him.

raw video of the probable cause hearing, prosecution lays out a basic timeline and gives some evidence in support of probable cause:

http://www.khou.com/video?id=238593001&sec=548547&ref=articlevidmod

turns out he basically confessed to a deputy that he did it, and the manner in which he did it. then he told another person where the body could be found and that is exactly where they found it.

imo, this is what you call a slam dunk for the prosecution. they are not going to accept any plea deals in a case with this much evidence that is this high profile. sry.

Quote from article:

According to prosecutors, that same woman called Sowders later and let a deputy listen to conversation. That deputy says Sowders told the woman he had strangled his wife after she pulled a gun on him and ditched her car in the Greenspoint area.
Sowders denied that conversation took place.

The police even have him on a phone call talking to his friend about the murder! But he denies it. Mmmmkay.

The evidence against him is staggering.

According to the raw footage there he took her back to the appartment they used to share so I HOPE that the children were at his parents home.

I agree as it appears to be a crime of passion. In his defense, I truly believe that he couldn't have lived with this for the rest of his life. I honestly don't believe that his family saw this coming or they would've done something to stop it.

I'm sorry, Bracdeb. I'm sure they would have; I don't think you would be here vouching for them if you thought otherwise.

Would they entertain a plea deal with so much evidence against him? They already have Melissa. Shoot, they already have a confession from him on a phone call! But, I have been wrong once before on this thread.:blushing:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back