TX - Melissa Towne, 37, murders “evil” 5-year old daughter, Tomball, 10/16/2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

realanastasia

Reaction score

“In court, it was revealed that Towne made a conscious decision to end her daughter's life. Records show she took her daughter, Nichole, to the woods at Spring Creek Park. Towne said Nichole was evil and didn't want to deal with her anymore.
According to court records, Towne told Nichole to get on her knees while pulling a knife out of her bag. Nichole fought back and said she had been good, officials said. That's when authorities said Towne slit her throat. When she didn't die, Towne put a trash bag on her head to suffocate and strangle her for approximately 30 to 45 minutes, according to court documents. A knife was found in Towne's pocket, authorities said.
According to investigators, Towne drove Nichole to a Tomball emergency room and asked hospital staff for a wheelchair for her child, telling the staff her body was hurting.
An ER nurse walked out to the Towne's Jeep and discovered Nichole wrapped in plastic and a bag, according to court documents. Investigators said she had visible cuts to her neck and doctors pronounced her dead minutes later.”

What a precious little girl. :(

Pasting this screen shot I found for Melissa from the Harris County Municipal Records website. Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

1666063385374.png

And here's her Harris County arrest record:
1666063871725.png
The Assault charge is from scratching a public servant at a jail after she was arrested for criminal trespass. And apparently a few days before that she destroyed someone's windshield and headlights with a tire iron. I gleaned all this info from the same website, which requires a login to access.

Last edited:

“A woman who said she babysat the girl told KPRC that she reported Towne to Child Protective Services earlier this month after she noticed bruising on the child.

“She always constantly told me she did not want to go home,” the babysitter said. “She just kept saying that her family doesn’t trust her.”

The woman made the report on Oct. 5.

CPS told KPRC that the mother does have a prior history with the agency, but they didn’t release those details.”

Oh my God.... every single day I continue to be amazed at what "human beings" can do to each other. ESPECIALLY their own babies!!

TOMBALL, Texas (KTRK) -- Gruesome new details were revealed after a woman who authorities said admitted to killing her 5-year-old daughter over the weekend was charged with capital murder. The woman told authorities her daughter was an "evil child" and she wanted to end the girl's life so she didn't have to deal with her any longer.

On Monday morning, Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez identified the woman as 37-year-old Melissa White Towne. She has been booked into the Harris County Jail.

It was revealed in court that the 5-year-old allegedly screamed out "I've been good" as her mom tried to strangle her. Towne reportedly told officials she cut the child's throat before strangling her for 30 to 40 minutes.

FfQ8HZaWIAAmjPT
AA136x3N.img

In court, authorities said that Towne allegedly confessed to cutting the girl’s throat before strangling her for at least 30 minutes, the station reported. Authorities said the little girl screamed “I’ve been good,” as her mother strangled her with a trash bag, according to a probable cause affidavit.
[snip]
Towne’s court-appointed attorney, James Stafford, told reporters outside the courthouse that his client was previously diagnosed with schizophrenia and that she had been institutionalized about nine times, AP reported.
[snip]
Ms. Towne has three additional children ranging in age from 2 years old to 18 years old, who are safe and have been living with other family members."
Texas Mom Allegedly Confesses To Five-Year-Old Daughter's Murder, Called Her 'Evil' | Oxygen Official Site

No words. I'm so sorry you were dealt this hand in life sweets. :(

For at least 30 minutes? This poor child. There is no such thing as an evil five year old regardless of their behavior. Rest In Peace Nichole.

Edit: One more thing - Mom charged with capital murder after stabbing her 5-year-old daughter to appear before judge

Her mother did *not* have custody. So when she said she didn’t want to deal with her, all she had to do was not visit. And that opens up another question - did she abduct Nichole or did someone allow her to be alone with her?

Last edited:
A Texas mother accused of slitting her young daughter’s throat and then strangling her to death last year had multiple encounters with child welfare authorities before the slaying, KHOU-TV reports.

Public records obtained by the television show that the state’s Child Protective Services was even alerted about potential abuse just 10 days before the killing, but the girl was still left with her mother.

Melissa Towne, 37, has been charged with capital murder after she allegedly confessed to the horrific slaying.

Investigators say that on October 16, Towne ordered the child, 5-year-old Nichole Bradshaw-Towne, to get on her knees. The woman pulled out a knife, prompting the terrified girl to fight back and respond, “I’ve been good,” according to KTRK-TV.

Towne proceeded to cut the girl’s throat. When she did not die, the mother placed a trash bag over her head and sat on her for 30 to 45 minutes – all because Towne allegedly believed Nichole was “evil,” according to KHOU-TV.

The documents obtained by the television show that CPS was made aware of numerous red flags since 2017.

On October 6, 2022, just ten days before the killing, CPS was alerted that Nichole reeked of urine and was covered in scars and insect bites. The girl also said she had pain in her vaginal area with a discharge. The child was not in school and she was still wearing diapers, having not been potty trained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back