Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I meant not at all uncommon for people this age to carry cash.

In some cases, it seems like some players cause a raucous over here so no one looks over there. I wonder if that is happening in this case. (I am not referring to Pmerle00 or MC's daughters.)

Just posted on the BPH FB page by one of PaPaw's daughters:

"You can listen for my Father's voice tonight at 6 on channel 8. Thank you Tanya Eiserer for keeping his story out there. He is very loved and missed so very much. Sorry I was such crybaby..."

I believe this is the correct channel: http://www.wfaa.com/mb/home

Dallas is in the Central Time Zone (time zone converter: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html)

It will probably be shared on the BPH site once it airs, too:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/619407261589703/

It was heartbreaking to see his daughter. And hearing PaPaw's voice. I thought "This is the man we are looking for!" They need to continue the search.

IMO, the family needs to raise holy hell with the sheriff. No more sitting around and 'hoping' and 'praying' he will do something to move this forward. A peaceful protest in front of city hall (be sure to invite any and all media you can think of, including national media) is definitely in order if at this stage in the game the family is still not being given answers to legitimate questions, and LE is dragging their heels on asking for outside assistance, and failing to act on clues even laymen can see are an important part of investigating.

GET FIRED UP! Don't just be sad and wait around for them to do the right thing, because they are obviously either just not interested or God forbid, they have something to hide.

Don't stand for their non-action one more day! Make some noise, and not just on a facebook page. I believe in the power of prayer, but let's face it, prayers are NOT bringing this fine man home. He deserves people to loudly and firmly advocate for him. Get out there and show the world just what is NOT being done to find this man.

I am posting Midge Montana's quote mainly because I agree with every word. This may be inappropriate, but I am begging Mr. Chamber's daughters to drive to Austin and speak to the Texas Rangers. Almost 5 months have gone by. I haven't heard a word about another search. Action needs to be taken to find your Dad. I honestly cannot imagine what you are going through.

I am posting Midge Montana's quote mainly because I agree with every word. This may be inappropriate, but I am begging Mr. Chamber's daughters to drive to Austin and speak to the Texas Rangers. Almost 5 months have gone by. I haven't heard a word about another search. Action needs to be taken to find your Dad. I honestly cannot imagine what you are going through.

Company B, Texas Rangers Garland Office. Regional Commander.

Do with this info as you or anyone else sees fit.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I can't help thinking of just how many people my husband talks to/has a conversation with every single time he goes anywhere to get a car part/advice. The junkyard, calling places near and far, the auto parts stores, mechanics, even craig's list. And that's just for repairs of the daily drivers we have.
I truly hope they have gone back through receipts, scraps of paper, recently purchased parts, and seemingly trivial things he discussed about what he did in the course of the days leading up to the last day he was seen. My husband also seems to see many he knows when out as well. I think his buddy at Advance Auto knows almost as much about him as I do :). I wonder if anyone has spoken to the clerk at Walmart as well.

Well, that is what our VI said but then, that may have been what HCSO told them. I'm not sure what to believe/think anymore.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
What all was tested for prints though is a big question giving how it was not treated very thorough as a crime scene based on what we know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I want to know if the workshop was ever treated as a crime scene, was it taped off and secured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Authorities Believe Missing Hunt County Man May Be In Danger

chambers.jpg

March 11, 2017

Deputies searched the home of Michael Chambers after he was reported missing Friday night by family.

Based on evidence found at the home, authorities believe Chambers may be in danger.

Reward Offered For Info On Missing One-Time Dallas Firefighter

March 16, 2017

A $25,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to the whereabouts of a missing one-time Dallas firefighter.

[...]

Investigators were able to locate surveillance video of a person who appears to be Chambers leaving a local Walmart on the day he went missing.

When police initially went to the Chambers’ home searching for the 70-year-old they found a small amount of blood in his workshop, but no other evidence to suggest foul play.

2 Months And Still No Sign Of Missing Retired Texas Firefighter

May 10, 2017

It’s been exactly two months since retired Dallas firefighter Michael Chambers went missing and investigators still have no leads or answers as to what happened to him or where he is.

Quinlan police and Hunt County Sheriff’s Office investigators say they work on the case daily and have even brought in Texas Equusearch, a search and recovery organization based out of Dickinson, to look for the 70-year-old man.

[...]

Chambers was last seen on Friday March 10. Investigators say security camera footage from a local Walmart appears to show him at the store that same day, but his movements and whereabouts after are pretty much unknown.

NamUs

Texas EquuSearch

Verified Insider: Pmerle00

Thread #1

Bringing this forward for the new folks! Welcome to anyone who has not introduced themselves but is following along! All insights and ideas are appreciated. [emoji846][emoji1366]

I think VI is being as transparent as she can with the information she knows and has been told. I think some things don't make sense because it may not be the truth (and I'm not saying VI is the one being untruthful). Time will tell...

I explained it as it was explained to me and from a couple of things I looked up. I'm definitely not an attorney.

I am sure I'll catch hell for explaining this in more detail, because it's really nobody's business but ours, but... From what I have been told, this is what was required by the pension board to make specific decisions in a timely manner so Papaw's pension and DROP fund would continue on a monthly basis. DFD pension board sent out a letter to members just prior to Papaw's disappearance requesting a confirmation that the payments should maintain as they had been - OR if they didn't respond, then it would go to semi-annual payments. The DROP fund payments stopped the same month Papaw went missing, so action had to be taken RIGHT AWAY so BC could continue to receive the funds that Papaw contributed to the DROP monthly instead of going to semi-annual.

Bringing this forward because this is my understanding of the need for the declaration of death. His pension payments would change unless he opted for them not to change. Since he is missing, he could not make this decision and his family could not either without the declaration. Why do people still find this suspicious?

As for the car. Old cars are great to look at but they're not practical, difficult to drive, and require attention. They should be driven monthly to make sure the battery is charged, the oil is circulating, the brakes work, etc. A lot of old cars do not have power steering and are manual transmission. Perhaps the PI wanted at $30,000 retainer. If you were left with the decision of which would you rather have: the car or your husband found, what would you choose?

I tried to google more info about the drop fund. I couldn't find what I was looking for, but I'll look more tonight or ask a Dallas police officer. I just wanted to see if I could verify the info VI has been told. Typically when I get letters in the mail about insurance, pension, etc, they say if I want things to remain the same, I don't have to do anything. If I want to make changes, then I have to fill out a form and mail it back. If MC was already getting monthly payments it seems like they would remain that way unless a form were filled out to change it. I know Dallas doesn't really want to pay the money out, so maybe they did it differently. Just tying to make sure for VI. She may already know for certain.

Bringing this forward because this is my understanding of the need for the declaration of death. His pension payments would change unless he opted for them not to change. Since he is missing, he could not make this decision and his family could not either without the declaration. Why do people still find this suspicious?

I will play devil's advocate here. Please don't get too mad at me. I am really trying to look at this from all angles.

Was Michael aware of this DFD pension board letter? If so, was he contemplating sending back confirmation? If not, when was the confirmation letter due back to the pension board?

Or, perhaps this DFD pension board letter came after Michael disappeared? In which case, they had very little time to respond if the DROP payments stopped at the end of March. Again, what was the amount of time given for confirmation to be returned?

If MC did know about the letter, why would he not immediately sign off and return it? Is this another possible clue that we are overlooking? Or is my overactive 'criminal minds' exposure causing me to question all of the happenings in this case?

Of course, as stated, none of this is any of my business. JMO IMO

I will play devil's advocate here. Please don't get too mad at me. I am really trying to look at this from all angles.

Was Michael aware of this DFD pension board letter? If so, was he contemplating sending back confirmation? If not, when was the confirmation letter due back to the pension board?

Or, perhaps this DFD pension board letter came after Michael disappeared? In which case, they had very little time to respond if the DROP payments stopped at the end of March. Again, what was the amount of time given for confirmation to be returned?

If MC did know about the letter, why would he not immediately sign off and return it? Is this another possible clue that we are overlooking? Or is my overactive 'criminal minds' exposure causing me to question all of the happenings in this case?

Of course, as stated, none of this is any of my business. JMO IMO

She says the letter went out just prior to his disappearance. She has been honest and forthcoming with many issues yet many on this board still question her. This board burned days trying to figure out what else he bought at Walmart even though she said it didn't matter and was accounted for in the house. Still, round and round we went about what was it... Coricidin - maybe we should have believed her.

Because there are other legal avenues that could have been taken without having him declared dead.

Because there are other legal avenues that could have been taken without having him declared dead.

Please explain what those are, because I'm not aware of them.

This has probably been answered but did MC have a life insurance policy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members