Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on those iMessages yet? Not just Papaw's phone, but for others very closely involved as well. Surely they'd want to check out every possibility of potential evidence?
You really have to wonder why LE would be dragging their feet on those, don't ya?

Any word on those iMessages yet? Not just Papaw's phone, but for others very closely involved as well. Surely they'd want to check out every possibility of potential evidence?
You really have to wonder why LE would be dragging their feet on those, don't ya?

I know right? You would think that's the very least the sheriff could do, especially for a friend that's missing and the family is requesting it. That is unless the only person that can make that request has not requested it. I don't mean the daughters. They can request it until they're blue in the face, but they can not sign off on it for Apple. It would need to be the person that now has POA.

So basically all she needed was a letter/affidavit from LE with no supporting documentation? So I wonder if the letter can be as basic as 'I did an investigation and I think he's dead' or if they have fully explain what evidence they found to come to that conclusion. VI said there was not enough blood in the shop for it to have been fatal.

Those properties are all in his name only.

It seems to me maybe he inherited them. An adjoining property appears to be in a brother's name.

Source: http://esearch.elliscad.com

ba29b2e92e1fa0a11fe81e397f439211.jpg

6edb1e1b3de988d534d490bffb1379bd.jpg

ff827e7bea0c88112fe2c2fa37c1a42b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking of me and what I would think, but a month and no husband I would assume he is not alive too.

This family has said over and over they believe it is criminal activity. If that is the case, no one is holding him alive, lets look at this honestly.

If you believe criminal activity then you also have to acknowledge that he's not being held against his will anywhere but he is gone. So my question is why wouldn't they declare him dead and move (financially) on but still wish he/his body is found?

ETA - No offence to family who hope pawpaw is alive. I also hope he is, but reality is that if this is a crime he is not. If he left on his own then there is hope.

Question is how much blood did they say was there.

Just thinking of me and what I would think, but a month and no husband I would assume he is not alive too.

This family has said over and over they believe it is criminal activity. If that is the case, no one is holding him alive, lets look at this honestly.

If you believe criminal activity then you also have to acknowledge that he's not being held against his will anywhere but he is gone. So my question is why wouldn't they declare him dead and move (financially) on but still wish he/his body is found?

I don't think he is alive either :(. I don't think he committed suicide and I don't think he walked off. But what I think at only 5 weeks and what I can prove at only 5 weeks is something completely different. If you know and believe in your heart that he would never be gone for 5 weeks and not let anyone know where he was unless he were deceased, why not sell some of the land he owns and keep the car he so lovingly gave me? Why not do more to put a fire under LE's butt to find out where his body is? Why get upset because people are posting his picture to keep his memory alive and try to get answers that will bring those responsible to justice? Mentally accepting the fact that someone you care about to much is not coming back is one thing, and quickly erasing his existence and not being emotionally attached to things within 5 weeks is another.

BC may have had a ready market for the car; they socialize with car enthusiasts. Further, I would have more attachment to the land than to a car. But that's just me.

I don't think he is alive either :(. I don't think he committed suicide and I don't think he walked off. But what I think at only 5 weeks and what I can prove at only 5 weeks is something completely different. If you know and believe in your heart that he would never be gone for 5 weeks and not let anyone know where he was unless he were deceased, why not sell some of the land he owns and keep the car he so lovingly gave me? Why not do more to put a fire under LE's butt to find out where his body is? Why get upset because people are posting his picture to keep his memory alive and try to get answers that will bring those responsible to justice? Mentally accepting the fact that someone you care about to much is not coming back is one thing, and quickly erasing his existence and not being emotionally attached to things within 5 weeks is another.

Again speaking only for myself....

I'm sorry if I believed criminal activity happened truly, after only a week I'd think my husband was dead. I'm also retired so gaining my husbands retirement funds etc FOR ME would be paramount to my living and totally believing my husband was dead I'd think he would want me to pursue every avenue to provide for myself.

As for the car I've mentioned pages back that if I'm not into restored cars and wouldn't drive it on a daily basis I would also either gift it to a family member that would appreciate it or I would sell it. No disrespect to my husband but I'm pretty sure he very much understands that almost every piece of his music equipment i would get rid of by gifting to family or selling with the exception of one guitar that he's had for over 40 years.

BUT I also would not stay in the same house that I felt a criminal activity of my husband occurred, so I'm a bit conflicted on that front. I do understand some of what the family (BC) is doing but I also don't understand others.

ETA - I don't understand whats going on with the picture. I've not been in that loop.

BC may have had a ready market for the car; they socialize with car enthusiasts. Further, I would have more attachment to the land than to a car. But that's just me.

The land that has no improvements on it and that wasn't given to you, but him? I guess if it's a family plot and they want to keep it all together along with the property his brother owns, I can understand. I wouldn't have any emotional attachment to me, but if the rest of the family wants to keep it together, I can understand doing it out of respect.

I'm sorry if I believed criminal activity happened truly, after only a week I'd think my husband was dead. I'm also retired so gaining my husbands retirement funds etc FOR ME would be paramount to my living and totally believing my husband was dead I'd think he would want me to pursue every avenue to provide for myself.

As for the car I've mentioned pages back that if I'm not into restored cars and wouldn't drive it on a daily basis I would also either gift it to a family member that would appreciate it or I would sell it. No disrespect to my husband but I'm pretty sure he very much understands that almost every piece of his music equipment i would get rid of by gifting to family or selling with the exception of one guitar that he's had for over 40 years.

BUT I also would not stay in the same house that I felt a criminal activity of my husband occurred, so I'm a bit conflicted on that front. I do understand some of what the family (BC) is doing but I also don't understand others.

Exactly. If I needed money to pay the PI, I wouldn't want to take it from other family members and their kids' college funds. I'd sell the car - it's just a thing. If I thought that would help find him, sell it without a second thought.

And I don't think the family would have been happy with her had she sold the land. In other words, she had "their blessing" to sell her car.

If she needed money to fix a leaky roof, replace rotten beams in the house, etc.
What would she do?

What if one of their children needed money for hospital costs or attorney costs? If it were me, I'd probably find any way possible to find money so I could help my children or grandchildren.

So maybe she's doing what she has to do.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I can understand that too. I only gave away one large item when my husband was murdered. It was his boat. It was a used boat when he bought it and he put a lot of work into updating it. Going to the lake is not my interest and I know a boat can not just sit without being put out on the water. Instead of letting it rot, I gave it to his brother. I did not sell it. I kept it in his family. Even giving away only that one thing because I knew I would probably never use it on my own or even have the expertise to maintain it, one of my kids who was a minor and couldn't do anything with it themselves was upset that I gave it, not sold, away. I do think there is usually a different thought process with these things when it is an unexpected, tragic death, versus an expected, natural causes death.

Exactly. If I needed money to pay the PI, I wouldn't want to take it from other family members and their kids' college funds. I'd sell the car - it's just a thing. If I thought that would help find him, sell it without a second thought.

I'd make the exception too if it was all I had to pay the PI to help find my husband, but I'm not so sure that's what it was used for. No one has ever said that and as much heat as she's getting for selling it, I would think they would just come out and say that if that were the case.

ETA - No offence to family who hope pawpaw is alive. I also hope he is, but reality is that if this is a crime he is not. If he left on his own then there is hope.

I'd think just the opposite - I'd cling to every bit of hope and refuse to think he was dead. Perhaps it's because I speak with families of missing people daily and see how they hold out hope that their loved one is still alive. IMO, this is a very short amount of time to "throw in the towel."

Also, I was personally very surprised that any certificate regarding his death was issued so soon. I work at a law firm and the standards for meeting requirements is generally very stringent - as they should be to protect the missing. There's a reason the period of time is so long. Imagine if a missing person is found alive and safe in a year, only to find out that all of his/her assets are gone.

I agree

I'd think just the opposite - I'd cling to every bit of hope and refuse to think he was dead. Perhaps it's because I speak with families of missing people daily and see how they hold out hope that their loved one is still alive. IMO, this is a very short amount of time to "throw in the towel."

Also, I was personally very surprised that any certificate regarding his death was issued so soon. I work at a law firm and the standards for meeting requirements is generally very stringent - as they should be to protect the missing. There's a reason the period of time is so long. Imagine if a missing person is found alive and safe in a year, only to find out that all of his/her assets are gone.

In all honesty that is the beauty of differences!

IF I truely thought criminal activity after a month there is no way he is alive. No ransom note, nothing why would someone keep him alive?

If I thought he ran away then yeah I would cling to hope he was alive.

But again we are different:).

I keep thinking it was sold for money for the PI. But that's just my speculation.

*All statements are of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

And I am totally different. My husband is a car guy - much like PaPaw. They would have to pry the keys to a car he gave me from my cold dead heads. No way would I sell his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome