Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking back over things I had a few questions come to mind:
1. Do we know what MCs truck looked like?
2. Was a picture of it ever released by HCSO to ask if anyone had seen it at any other locations that day? If not, why? The press conference held 3 days after he was missing would have been a prime time to do just that.
3. Is HCSO able to tell from WM footage if MC had a passenger waiting for him in his truck? Were the Windows tinted?
4.Were drive thrus (fast food restaurants) around WM checked for CCTV footage?
5. Since no one is reported to have actually seen MC return from Wal Mart how much evidence is lost in the truck because the assumption he drove it home and met with whatever caused his disappearance from there? Were the truck keys dusted for prints to see if someone else may have used them to start the truck for the return drive from WM?
6. Was MCs pickup equipped with a bed cover? Was he known to carry anything in the bed of the truck?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I believe According to our VI, video footage showed that there was no one else in the truck when he left Walmart. They assume he went home because video footage showed him purchasing the products and they later showed up at the home along with the receipt found in the trash. I can't verify that what our VI was told or what HCSO was told is the truth though.

I believe According to our VI, video footage showed that there was no one else in the truck when he left Walmart. They assume he went home because video footage showed him purchasing the products and they later showed up at the home along with the receipt found in the trash. I can't verify that what our VI was told or what HCSO was told is the truth though.
Depending on if his windows were tinted or not and how accurate their cameras are in WM parking lot, how could you tell. I refer to the debate on this very forum over the mysterious 2nd item purchased at WM. If video is that grainy when its 10 feet above you, what can they really tell from half way across a parking lot? Could someone have been waiting in his truck either known or unknown to him? I dont at this point put a lot of faith in HCSO's statements concerning absolutes in this case. All MOO.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Other than his classic cars and tools,
what would be gained?

A nice plot of land, a home (possibly has a mtg) a shed for the cars, the cars...etc. All I can think of is what the cost and the work would be to keep everything maintained, air conditioned, mowed, the cars kept in pristine condition and taxes). I wouldn't be surprised is she doesn't sell soon.

Now the cars.....that's another story. I wonder if there are provisions in the will that each car will go to a particular son, daughter. If not, and to be fair, I would give the family first dibs on the cars but they'd have to pay a fair market price.

She's been married to the man for 30 plus years. This is as much hers as it was his. (Unless of course, she plotted to have him taken out. Then she gets 4 gray walls and nothing else)

But quite honestly, I don't see a lot of money to be made by having him killed.
Could she retire and live off the money? She's at an age when she needs to worry about her health and long term care options for when she's older. She has kids and grandbabies.
She'll probably need to work until she's at least 67.

Yuk. This doesn't sound like good options. And if there is another man, how long before they tire of each other
and go their separate ways. Who would ever speak to her again?

So, maybe she has a good idea who hurt MC. And MC's death resulted from an argument he'd had with someone known to both of them. But, what if there's not enough evidence to go after this person?

IMO, there is more to this story than a greedy woman looking for a good time or reliving her youth again. It sounds like she had a lot of freedom when married to MC, plus lots of security and a man who by all accounts adored her.

If she is involved, I see nothing but despair and unhappiness for the rest of her life.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Truthfully, I have no idea what they have. Could have stocks, IRA's, CD's etc who knows really? My parents had certain things we knew about that was standard. We never asked and they never probably thought to tell us. When my mom passed away, that is how we found out the other accounts they had.

Also, I don't think greed necessarily means people have money. Sometimes people "think" you have money.

I don't think BC did this if so, not alone.

Here is sort of where I am at this point.

Just suppose this:
Someone is having financial issues and goes to MC and BC help out. This person continues to periodically keeps returning for more money. MC finally says " no more". The person sneaks and continues to attempt to get money from BC. She is getting stressed. She feels she need too, she eventually tells MC. He/she is approached by MC. They person gets angry blaming MC. Person confronts MC and MC is suddenly disappeared. He confronts this person inside the garage. They both walk out as MC wants to make sure the person leaves. Outside, MC is injured or disabled. And loaded into a vehicle. This person could potentially could have seen or knows of something that MC doesn't want known. Person starts to blackmail her. And BC wants this person, to leave her in peace so she begins to gets busy selling items.

Way out there. Just trying to find a theory that fits most of what I know. Lol. Taking a shot. She may not have as much as this person thinks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Truthfully, I have no idea what they have. Could have stocks, IRA's, CD's etc who knows really? My parents had certain things we knew about that was standard. We never asked and they never probably thought to tell us. When my mom passed away, that is how we found out the other accounts they had.

Also, I don't think greed necessarily means people have money. Sometimes people "think" you have money.

I don't think BC did this if so, not alone.

Here is sort of where I am at this point.

Just suppose this:
Someone is having financial issues and goes to MC and BC help out. This person continues to periodically keeps returning for more money. MC finally says " no more". The person sneaks and continues to attempt to get money from BC. She is getting stressed. She feels she need too, she eventually tells MC. He/she is approached by MC. They person gets angry blaming MC. Person confronts MC and MC is suddenly disappeared. He confronts this person inside the garage. They both walk out as MC wants to make sure the person leaves. Outside, MC is injured or disabled. And loaded into a vehicle. This person could potentially could have seen or knows of something that MC doesn't want known. Person starts to blackmail her. And BC wants this person, to leave her in peace so she begins to gets busy selling items.

Way out there. Just trying to find a theory that fits most of what I know. Lol. Taking a shot. She may not have as much as this person thinks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I don't think it's way out there. Sounds very plausible to me.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Who would gain? Everything has gone to BC. No one else has gained any money, possessions, etc.
I definitely said from the beginning that maybe he was the barrier between someone else and the money. Like she gives freely to playerx. But papaw finds out and says no more. But once he's gone, that barrier would be gone. And playing the good and helpful playerx opens the money bags even wider.

I just cant wrap my head around her wanting him hurt or gone. But I can see someone wanting access to her or money without the interference. Maybe money, maybe friendship, maybe love interest... I don't know. But maybe she was inadvertently part, not directly a part.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pmerle can you confirm whether BC has taken and passed a polygraph?

I have a question for Pmerle00 too. Has anyone spoken to delivery people in the area? This would have probably been best right after it happened. Mail carriers especially since they are by everyday. And they notice if things are different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a question for Pmerle00. Or anyone 'here', if I'm covering something already answered?

Did anyone confirm definitively, that luminol was used in the workshop, the home (if MC went there before locking everything up), or MCs truck? (Hopefully they did, before it was sold?) The Mustang also, before it was sold?

I should think that LE could answer those details for you, and your family? I really abhor writing some of the words I do. I cringe, even if we don't really know specifics. And, we don't. We don't know if MC walked away. We don't know if he was kidnapped. We don't know who would have been his enemies. We don't have any prints, that we know of. We don't really have much beyond speculation.

The Facts:

Michael Chambers was captured on Walmart's videos.
The house was locked up.
The workshop was locked up.
The projects, and any other vehicles, were untouched.
MC's truck was parked in the driveway. It was locked up.

We have no way of knowing who actually locked everything up.

MC left his wallet behind.
MC left his keys behind.

We believe he has his TDL (Texas Drivers License), his hat, his glasses, and whatever cash was in the wallet.

Sorry, I think I'm so fixated on the wallet. Did MC purposely leave that behind? Or did someone else?

If MC left it, was he trying to send a message? Me. Personally. If my TDL, and some cash, are in my wallet, I'm taking my wallet. What reason would I have, to take that out, in my workshop? And why leave it behind?

Has an experienced CSI team been over any of this?

And please, don't get me started on Polygraphs. We need LE to confirm any such proceedings. All MHO as always.

I also have a question for Pmerle00. Or anyone 'here', if I'm covering something already answered?

Did anyone confirm definitively, that luminol was used in the workshop, the home (if MC went there before locking everything up), or MCs truck? (Hopefully they did, before it was sold?) The Mustang also, before it was sold?

I should think that LE could answer those details for you, and your family? I really abhor writing some of the words I do. I cringe, even if we don't really know specifics. And, we don't. We don't know if MC walked away. We don't know if he was kidnapped. We don't know who would have been his enemies. We don't have any prints, that we know of. We don't really have much beyond speculation.

The Facts:

Michael Chambers was captured on Walmart's videos.
-RSBM for focus-

MC left his wallet behind.
MC left his keys behind.

We believe he has his TDL (Texas Drivers License), his hat, his glasses, and whatever cash was in the wallet.
Sorry, I think I'm so fixated on the wallet. Did MC purposely leave that behind? Or did someone else?
-RSBM for focus-
RBBM

Excellent post, Jim!

I just wanted to post some MSM articles regarding the parts I've bolded:
1. "Michael Chambers was captured on Walmart's videos."
Throughout the video in the article at the link below, they show images of PaPaw inside Walmart (going through the check-out line and leaving the building). Also in the video are scenes from one of the searches and an interview with his daughters. They are sitting in front of the shop, so you can see what it looks from the outside (I just noticed for the first time the shop has windows):
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/fami...firefighter-as-search-for-him-grows/422944535

As another poster said the other day, it is curious that LE has never shared any information about PaPaw's truck (although our VI did say it was deep red in color), or to the best of my knowledge, they have never shown any video of PaPaw in the parking lot of or driving away in his truck.

2. "MC left his wallet behind. MC left his keys behind"; "We believe he has his TDL (Texas Drivers License), his hat, his glasses, and whatever cash was in the wallet.":
Video of the press conference at the link (second one from the top):
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Au...hters-Disappearance-Suspicious-415956233.html
1) Sheriff Meeks says his wallet and keys were left behind. By the way, in this video (2'17" mark), he also says video footage from Walmart shows MC "entering and exiting the business alone and leaving the parking lot alone in his pickup and there is no way that [not very clear to me ...?] anyone followed him out of the parking lot."
2) The article at the link below says:
"The retired Dallas firefighter’s wallet, keys and truck were all there. Money from his wallet, his driver's license and his cell phone were all that was missing. Hunt County investigators found several drops of his blood inside a shed on his property.

But there were no obvious signs of a struggle."
http://www.wfaa.com/news/one-month-later-retired-dallas-firefighter-still-missing/429633563
3) During the press conference, the Sheriff mentions the missing cash, but not the TDL, hat or glasses.
4) Pmerle00 has shared with us his hat and glasses are also missing.

Somewhat O/T: Found a couple of photos from the press conference I'd never seen before:
"Hunt county sheriff and family about to speak about missing retired firefighter Michael Chambers. Missing from Quinlan home since Fri."
[video=twitter;841393163407413248]https://twitter.com/Maria_NBC5/status/841393163407413248[/video]

"Second woman is wife of missing retired firefighter Michael Chambers. Expected to speak in moments @NBCDFW" [One of PaPaw's daughters spoke instead.]
[video=twitter;841392596941447170]https://twitter.com/Maria_NBC5/status/841392596941447170[/video]

ETA: BC's FB appears to have disappeared again.

Now THIS is an excellent post, inmyhumbleopinion! IMHO!

You have covered more details, provided helpful links, and did not miss a thing!

I missed inclusion of MCs cell phone. I'm not sure how I forgot that item. Must be my wallet fetish distraction :)

Where could you be, Michael Chambers? Your family, and friends, want you home!

RBBM

Excellent post, Jim!

I just wanted to post some MSM articles regarding the parts I've bolded:
1. "Michael Chambers was captured on Walmart's videos."
Throughout the video in the article at the link below, they show images of PaPaw inside Walmart (going through the check-out line and leaving the building). Also in the video are scenes from one of the searches and an interview with his daughters. They are sitting in front of the shop, so you can see what it looks from the outside (I just noticed for the first time the shop has windows):
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/fami...firefighter-as-search-for-him-grows/422944535

As another poster said the other day, it is curious that LE has never shared any information about PaPaw's truck (although our VI did say it was deep red in color), or to the best of my knowledge, they have never shown any video of PaPaw in the parking lot of or driving away in his truck.

2. "MC left his wallet behind. MC left his keys behind"; "We believe he has his TDL (Texas Drivers License), his hat, his glasses, and whatever cash was in the wallet.":
Video of the press conference at the link (second one from the top):
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Au...hters-Disappearance-Suspicious-415956233.html
1) Sheriff Meeks says his wallet and keys were left behind. By the way, in this video (2'17" mark), he also says video footage from Walmart shows MC "entering and exiting the business alone and leaving the parking lot alone in his pickup and there is no way that [not very clear to me ...?] anyone followed him out of the parking lot."
2) The article at the link below says:
"The retired Dallas firefighter’s wallet, keys and truck were all there. Money from his wallet, his driver's license and his cell phone were all that was missing. Hunt County investigators found several drops of his blood inside a shed on his property.

But there were no obvious signs of a struggle."
http://www.wfaa.com/news/one-month-later-retired-dallas-firefighter-still-missing/429633563
3) During the press conference, the Sheriff mentions the missing cash, but not the TDL, hat or glasses.
4) Pmerle00 has shared with us his hat and glasses are also missing.

Somewhat O/T: Found a couple of photos from the press conference I'd never seen before:
"Hunt county sheriff and family about to speak about missing retired firefighter Michael Chambers. Missing from Quinlan home since Fri."
[video=twitter;841393163407413248]https://twitter.com/Maria_NBC5/status/841393163407413248[/video]

"Second woman is wife of missing retired firefighter Michael Chambers. Expected to speak in moments @NBCDFW" [One of PaPaw's daughters spoke instead.]
[video=twitter;841392596941447170]https://twitter.com/Maria_NBC5/status/841392596941447170[/video]

ETA: BC's FB appears to have disappeared again.

Good morning friends!
Couple of things...

1. Did any of you work the John Beck from California case on here? NOT suggesting any parallels to this case at all, but looking for specifics on an investigative technique used by WS'ers in that case. I need some direction, but would rather not have to wade through his threads to find it. Thought I'd take a shortcut if possible and ask here first.

2. Are there photos of MC and BC's vehicles available? I have the classic car photo. Was that a daily driver or pretty much driven only for shows?

3. Someone on BPH has pointed the readers/posters there in our direction. Probably a good thing, since they are asking questions that we have known the answers to for some time now. Maybe a new reader here will have their mind jogged and some info or helpful tip will come from it. For the sake of our Mods, my hope is that they read the TOS well and realize what we are all about and what is and is not allowed here.

Hoping Papaw is found today!

I don't know if anyone has already asked this but what about a hunting and fishing license? Did he have one that was current? I could see him going to the store coming back and taking out the cash, his DL, his hunting or fishing license, the hat, the sunglasses and his phone along with whatever he'd need to go. Maybe he went and became injured, for sick, or who knows what. Maybe he went with someone else and they harmed him. Maybe he went alone and someone else hurt him out there by accident or intentionally either way. Where does the cell last ping at? Maybe he turned it off thinking wherever he was he didn't get reception. I think this theory is as good as any other one I've seen. I don't believe he just left and planned on never coming back it doesn't sound like him. He didn't have severe depression that I'm aware of. His life was steady. If he was in trouble and worried his family and friends would be ashamed of him or whatever maybe then I could see him leaving to...ugh well leaving and not coming back but I don't believe that's what happened here at all. It's what was left behind and what isn't accounted for that makes me think yes he left to run to do something but always planned on returning. He could've been in the shop and he had all that stuff out bc he was working and someone sent a message, called, or stopped by needing help or asked him to go for a few minutes so he picked up the cash, DL, had his hat and glasses on grabbed his phone and left to help or ride along somewhere and then the unthinkable happened.

these all my own thoughts and opinions. I just really wish this family had answers.

Also I know that another man did go missing near that area but I'm not sure why there isn't any information anywhere about it that I can find besides one small mention of his name and a sentence saying he was missing. Does anyone know why that is? I just wonder bc it's odd to me.

I don't know if anyone has already asked this but what about a hunting and fishing license? Did he have one that was current? I could see him going to the store coming back and taking out the cash, his DL, his hunting or fishing license, the hat, the sunglasses and his phone along with whatever he'd need to go. Maybe he went and became injured, for sick, or who knows what. Maybe he went with someone else and they harmed him. Maybe he went alone and someone else hurt him out there by accident or intentionally either way. Where does the cell last ping at? Maybe he turned it off thinking wherever he was he didn't get reception. I think this theory is as good as any other one I've seen. I don't believe he just left and planned on never coming back it doesn't sound like him. He didn't have severe depression that I'm aware of. His life was steady. If he was in trouble and worried his family and friends would be ashamed of him or whatever maybe then I could see him leaving to...ugh well leaving and not coming back but I don't believe that's what happened here at all. It's what was left behind and what isn't accounted for that makes me think yes he left to run to do something but always planned on returning. He could've been in the shop and he had all that stuff out bc he was working and someone sent a message, called, or stopped by needing help or asked him to go for a few minutes so he picked up the cash, DL, had his hat and glasses on grabbed his phone and left to help or ride along somewhere and then the unthinkable happened.

these all my own thoughts and opinions. I just really wish this family had answers.
Respectfully Bolded By Me.

So was PaPaw seen wearing sunglasses the day he disappeared ...?

I follow your line of thinking to the removal of cash, and DL, from his wallet. Why take those out of the wallet? Why not just grab the wallet, and put it back into your pocket? Oh, and if he was coming back, he had no way to get back in. His keys were left behind also. Why would he do that? Actually, was it even MC that did that? So many clues, none that make much sense. Ugh.

Good morning friends!
Couple of things...

1. Did any of you work the John Beck from California case on here? NOT suggesting any parallels to this case at all, but looking for specifics on an investigative technique used by WS'ers in that case. I need some direction, but would rather not have to wade through his threads to find it. Thought I'd take a shortcut if possible and ask here first.

2. Are there photos of MC and BC's vehicles available? I have the classic car photo. Was that a daily driver or pretty much driven only for shows?

3. Someone on BPH has pointed the readers/posters there in our direction. Probably a good thing, since they are asking questions that we have known the answers to for some time now. Maybe a new reader here will have their mind jogged and some info or helpful tip will come from it. For the sake of our Mods, my hope is that they read the TOS well and realize what we are all about and what is and is not allowed here.

Hoping Papaw is found today!

I am following the John Beck thread....the difference here is this is not a tourist area if you are thinking of looking for pictures. I don't think someone would accidentally take a photo of MC.....just wondering what you are thinking.

Interesting thought tho!

Also I know that another man did go missing near that area but I'm not sure why there isn't any information anywhere about it that I can find besides one small mention of his name and a sentence saying he was missing. Does anyone know why that is? I just wonder bc it's odd to me.

I may be mistaken but I think you're meaning Kenneth Draper. I've been following his case too and was saddened to read this...

http://starlocalmedia.com/lakecitie...cle_5e12f3d0-842b-11e7-95f1-4f62338b5a64.html

The article states his body was found under a bush, in another resident's yard, not very far from his home.

No foul play suspected.

Still leaves many questions in my mind, but may he RIP now...

I may be mistaken but I think you're meaning Kenneth Draper. I've been following his case too and was saddened to read this...

http://starlocalmedia.com/lakecitie...cle_5e12f3d0-842b-11e7-95f1-4f62338b5a64.html

The article states his body was found under a bush, in another resident's yard, not very far from his home.

No foul play suspected.

Still leaves many questions in my mind, but may he RIP now...

I was following it too. Sad. But I a tad confused. No foul play? So, he fell hit his head? Suicide? Rest peacefully Kenneth [emoji72] [emoji173]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member