Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding Lake T is pretty high right now, maybe the rising water could help the search? We have friends that live on the lake. They find it disturbing this happened...and very unusual.

That would be unsettling, wouldn't it. I would be almost afraid to spend much time out there, for fear of what I might come across.

From my understanding Lake T is pretty high right now, maybe the rising water could help the search? We have friends that live on the lake. They find it disturbing this happened...and very unusual.

I wanted to explain my thought process re: the locks, and locking, of the Chambers' house and the previous questions I'd asked as to what type of locks were on the home's exterior door/s.

I'll assume MC had the home and shop locked when he went to WalMart. I don't think anyone knows, or would ever know, if that was a fact.

MC went into the home after returning from WalMart, putting his purchases in the bedroom/bathroom and throwing the receipt into the bathroom trash. We don't know if he stayed in the house any length of time, having some lunch, or whatever, before he went out to the shop.

One of our VIs was able to confirm to us that MC usually did NOT lock the house when he worked in his shop, and that he would have at least one of the home's garage doors open for when Becca would return from her day's work.

On the day he disappeared, MC obviously went out to his shop, and left his keys and wallet in his habitual place there, and became injured somehow, leaving drops and a pool of drops of his blood on the floor.

If MC had left the house unlocked when he went out to the shop that day, how did the house become totally locked up (as was the shop)? To my, and it's MOO, MC himself was ambulatory after his injury and locked his home up himself before leaving the premises. If he was forced to leave with someone else, would that person LET him lock everything up, and why? I just cannot envision an abductor, thief, murderer, or whoever that person was, take the time to do those things himself. (or themselves) And why take the time to allow MC to do so? Did MC or the perpetrator/s take his keys, go lock the house up, return the keys to the shop, THEN make sure the shop man door was locked before leaving the property? Why?? It's all driving me nuts, but these are just a small part of my thought processes.

Very good questions honestly!!! But this is my major question : BC said the house was all locked, the shop door etc- but how do we know ??!! She made those claims- that doesn’t mean they are a 100% right ??

Very good questions honestly!!! But this is my major question : BC said the house was all locked, the shop door etc- but how do we know ??!! She made those claims- that doesn’t mean they are a 100% right ??

Sometimes I wonder if he ever really went back to the house or if something happened to him on his way home? Just my opinion.

Does anyone know if Michael and BC's house has been sold or taken off the market? It was on several realtor sites a few weeks ago and now I don't see it. I was just wondering.

I’m new to this case but it’s odd that MC made a trip to Walmart for mascara when his wife, who’d been cooped for weeks, was back to work, and could’ve picked it up, instead of having him make a special trip. I don’t know any woman who’d trust a man to buy their makeup-husband or not. Shampoo or body wash maybe but mascara is a staple and most makeup-wearing women keep a spare. I may be late to the party but someone wanted him out of the house

Does anyone know if Michael and BC's house has been sold or taken off the market? It was on several realtor sites a few weeks ago and now I don't see it. I was just wondering.

Says Sale Pending on I believe the Trulia site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes I wonder if he ever really went back to the house or if something happened to him on his way home? Just my opinion.

Well the items from Walmart and the receipt were found at the home ... that’s why they believe he had made it home

It has a contract on it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the items from Walmart and the receipt were found at the home ... that’s why they believe he had made it home
That doesn't mean he was the one that put it inside....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The show Disappeared is doing an episode on Mr. Chambers.
It will air: June 17th, 2018 at 9:00PM.

I don’t know any woman who’d trust a man to buy their makeup-husband or not. Shampoo or body wash maybe but mascara is a staple and most makeup-wearing women keep a spare.

I do. It's not that big a deal, IMO. I just tell him exactly what it looks like or whatever so he can find the right thing.

That doesn't mean he was the one that put it inside....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

True, there's apparently no absolute proof as to whether MC returned home and put the store items in the house, but chances are pretty darn good he did. Don't quote me on this, but I'm remembering from somewhere that the question was asked a VI if the WalMart receipt was checked for fingerprints, and only MC's ( and maybe the cashier, I have no idea) were on it. I could very well be wrong and my memory is just making this up! No link, so no fact. I guess it's just my opinion re: a memory I have.... I'll happily delete if need be.

I don’t know of many people-especially men-that enjoy Walmart so it’s odd to me that MC drove 8-9 miles (thread1, p.5) for mascara. It’d make sense if he had other business in the area and stopped in for a few things-but 8-9 miles for mascara-is weird. Do we know if he had other business that day?

If I'm not mistaken he had purchased another item besides the mascara. I believe it was cold/allergy OTC medication.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I don’t know of many people-especially men-that enjoy Walmart so it’s odd to me that MC drove 8-9 miles (thread1, p.5) for mascara. It’d make sense if he had other business in the area and stopped in for a few things-but 8-9 miles for mascara-is weird. Do we know if he had other business that day?

I know my own dad would wake up first thing Saturday morning while us kids were still sleeping and he would hit up Walmart at 5:30am to get everything we needed for the week. He could usually come home w breakfast in tow - not sure he enjoyed Walmart just didn’t mind getting things his family needed. Same goes for papaw- BC needed it, so he didn’t mind making the trip for her. He also seems like a man that doesn’t mind running errands because he knows he gets things don’t correctly and swiftly. I do think as much as papaw didn’t mind, the trip that day was set up though by BC- id love to see phone records the day prior and who she was in contact with. IMO

I know my own dad would wake up first thing Saturday morning while us kids were still sleeping and he would hit up Walmart at 5:30am to get everything we needed for the week. He could usually come home w breakfast in tow - not sure he enjoyed Walmart just didn’t mind getting things his family needed. Same goes for papaw- BC needed it, so he didn’t mind making the trip for her. He also seems like a man that doesn’t mind running errands because he knows he gets things don’t correctly and swiftly. I do think as much as papaw didn’t mind, the trip that day was set up though by BC- id love to see phone records the day prior and who she was in contact with. IMO

Your dad had things squared away! My husband is like that too, which is why I am not one bit surprised that MC bought her mascara. T.C.O.B.
As for 'picking out' the right kind, etc. it was no problem. IIRC, BC left the empty mascara out on the counter, as was their way, so he knew she needed it. Easy enough to take the bottle and match it up at the store. In my family we tend to snap a pic and text it to each other if we are in a similar situation, so the other person knows what to pick up. I understand though, that Papaw wasn't very 'tech' when it came to the phone so he likely just took the old bottle with him. MOO

I have never read that there was only the cashier's and MC's prints on the receipt. In fact, I would be VERY VERY VERY surprised if HCSO went through the trouble to determine that. That would be too much like real investigating, IMO. I'd love to know if in fact, they did process that slip. Our VI "don't come around here no more" but if she does maybe she could answer this for us!

I'm so touched that the Disappeared episode is going to be on Father's Day. Although I hope and pray he is found well before then, what a meaningful day to air his story. I'm also very interested to see who all participated in that filming. I'm a faithful Disappeared watcher, and if they follow their normal story pattern, they WILL speak of all the oddities in the case, the backstories that show who might want him disappeared. Also, the suspicious actions of BC and a few others. They normally do a pretty thorough job of setting up suspects for you to ponder. I know that in the past, the family had been unable to share any real backstory or info with news interviewers. I hope that they were able to be open and honest with this crew.

"When a person disappears without a trace, often the most critical information is hidden in their actions and words from the days before they vanished." is the intro to the Disappeared show. And this is the format of the show. So I am anxious to see if there is anything 'new' that we find out from this show.

Praying so hard every single day that his daughter Suzy finds resolution soon. Today would be great!
#BringPapawHome #NeverGivingUp

All MOO.

The thing we should remember about the first VI is that she was getting the great majority of her information from BC.

As for the fingerprints on the receipt, I highly doubt that it would only be MC and the cashier. You would also have the fingerprints of the folks involved in the manufacturing and packaging of said item, as well as others at WalMart who had handled it. And I highly doubt that HCSO would do any controlled testing of it. Just MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your dad had things squared away! My husband is like that too, which is why I am not one bit surprised that MC bought her mascara. T.C.O.B.
As for 'picking out' the right kind, etc. it was no problem. IIRC, BC left the empty mascara out on the counter, as was their way, so he knew she needed it. Easy enough to take the bottle and match it up at the store. In my family we tend to snap a pic and text it to each other if we are in a similar situation, so the other person knows what to pick up. I understand though, that Papaw wasn't very 'tech' when it came to the phone so he likely just took the old bottle with him. MOO

I have never read that there was only the cashier's and MC's prints on the receipt. In fact, I would be VERY VERY VERY surprised if HCSO went through the trouble to determine that. That would be too much like real investigating, IMO. I'd love to know if in fact, they did process that slip. Our VI "don't come around here no more" but if she does maybe she could answer this for us!

I'm so touched that the Disappeared episode is going to be on Father's Day. Although I hope and pray he is found well before then, what a meaningful day to air his story. I'm also very interested to see who all participated in that filming. I'm a faithful Disappeared watcher, and if they follow their normal story pattern, they WILL speak of all the oddities in the case, the backstories that show who might want him disappeared. Also, the suspicious actions of BC and a few others. They normally do a pretty thorough job of setting up suspects for you to ponder. I know that in the past, the family had been unable to share any real backstory or info with news interviewers. I hope that they were able to be open and honest with this crew.

"When a person disappears without a trace, often the most critical information is hidden in their actions and words from the days before they vanished." is the intro to the Disappeared show. And this is the format of the show. So I am anxious to see if there is anything 'new' that we find out from this show.

Praying so hard every single day that his daughter Suzy finds resolution soon. Today would be great!
#BringPapawHome #NeverGivingUp

All MOO.

( BBM )

"That would be too much like real investigating, IMO."

Perfect line!! You hit the nail on the head. The thanks button just wasn't enough. I HAD to let you know how much this one line of yours summed up my feelings exactly about the ( lack of ) investigation efforts.

Good post. I'm really looking forward to the Disappeared episode.

This has been one of the most heart-wrenching and frustrating cases I've ever followed...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members