Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope Michael is found, one way or the other, but from the sound of these latest quotes from Meeks, I think the HCSO is probably just going to close the case and call it a suicide with no body recovered. It will be up to the family to continue to search on their own and use their own resources.

What? What?? WHAT???? Where do I begin....

#1- ok, so they saw his phone ping stop in the center of the bridge. So, I'm assuming they have done many searches of the river. Right? I mean, if you figure he's there, then why search a field with binoculars.

#2- yep. Something is in that water. His phone. A bike. Something. Maybe even his body. But I think it is to cover tracks and prove a theory.

#3- was this his bike? Was he known to ride a bike? Was he seen on a bike in any video footage? 17 miles will have lots of footage, if even from a home camera. Come the eff on. All of this is remedial detective work. Certainly they knew this tidbit within the first week of missing. Why hasn't our VI even seemed like this was a possibility? I'm going to say because this was not shared. Aka created yet.

#4- why the blood? Uh oh. A piece that doesn't fit with the rode the bike for a suicide mission theory.......

I'm not going to lie..... this dabbling in what feels like extreme criminal coverup by actual law enforcement is extremely scary, to me. Please let a bigger agency pick up this case. I don't know how something is reported and recommended to be looked into, but I hope the family does it. This is nuts.

And if he did commit suicide, God rest his soul. The police should have been open and honest from day 1. People would have been out in the water searching.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm boiling that they media released that it was suicide. Because we are freaks of nature who fret over every detail. The other 99% of the population will read that headline and put it to bed as truth. No more shares or searches or conversations about him. Just the start of the memory fading.

The thing is, let's say the phone did ping in the middle of the bridge and that his bicycle is missing. Why wouldn't LE release that information so people could LOOK in the lake for Michael or come forward and say they witnessed something on the bridge? It wouldn't have had to have been a suicide, either. It could have been an accident or a hit and run. If people had this supposed information a year ago, there might have been witnesses from that day who remembered seeing something or someone on a bicycle on the bridge.

And now that Meeks has produced this story of the events he "feels" happened, per the article posted above, he says LE "may" do a third search of the lake. MAY do a third search? What's stopping them? It's spring time in Texas. Get the divers out there and sonar and get looking. Bring Tim Miller back to help. He has all kinds of resources and equipment.

Oh, and a description of the "missing" bicycle would also be nice.

I have not read all the comments that I see have been posted. Just arriving home.

THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF B.S. STORY I'VE EVER READ! Took this long to come up with suicide story?! My head is spinning. Absolute pure crap!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using Tapatalk

The thing is, let's say the phone did ping in the middle of the bridge and that his bicycle is missing. Why wouldn't LE release that information so people could LOOK in the lake for Michael or come forward and say they witnessed something on the bridge? It wouldn't have had to have been a suicide, either. It could have been an accident or a hit and run. If people had this supposed information a year ago, there might have been witnesses from that day who remembered seeing something or someone on a bicycle on the bridge.

And now that Meeks has produced this story of the events he "feels" happened, per the article posted above, he says LE "may" do a third search of the lake. MAY do a third search? What's stopping them? It's spring time in Texas. Get the divers out there and sonar and get looking. Bring Tim Miller back to help. He has all kinds of resources and equipment.

Oh, and a description of the "missing" bicycle would also be nice.
Exactly!!! There is a guy here in Louisiana that is a master of finding things (people) in water. Lots of people would have been searching the water helping. Ridiculous.

And would you die jumping there? Seems like a real odd suicide place. In the middle of a straight vehicle bridge where everyone for 2 miles each direction can see you? In the middle of the day? I'm gonna agree with the phone being tossed over at that moment. Someone else needs to get their hands on the ping info. If they knew the rate of travel, then his gps tracking was on. They know exactly what time he left home and the moments he passed places that video could match. Of course, not a year later. This is disturbing. Funny it's all coming to light when a show wanted to investigate

I just think it’s bizarre that he’s boxing himself into this narrow theory a year later. He was better off with his vague statements that he didn’t know what had happened. This is weirdly specific and strange.

I agree. I didn’t see this coming at all.

Is there a VI on this thread?

I agree. I didn’t see this coming at all.

Is there a VI on this thread?

At the time this thread was started, there were 2 VIs. Haven't been following closely, so no clue if they are still here.

If he rode a bike 17 miles there would have been many witnesses.I think Meeks knows something is going to turn up there one day.Could he have been killed and keep somewhere else and been disposed of on the bridge later that night?

The whole locked shop and all that stuff, that is based off what BC told HCSO. There’s no proof either way. It’s her word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is, from what we know, SavetheQueen, but I thought there were other people at the house and property with her shortly after she got home from work. The neighbors who helped search initially were there, and I recall they took their ATV out to look around the property before BC went to go into the shop.

I'm boiling that they media released that it was suicide. Because we are freaks of nature who fret over every detail. The other 99% of the population will read that headline and put it to bed as truth. No more shares or searches or conversations about him. Just the start of the memory fading.

Exactly my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more thing.... a couple of weeks ago he said they did 2 searches and turned up nothung, right? Now he says they did 2 searches of the lake. Weren't the "two searches" land searches? Something is real wrong here. I'm not sure of its incompetence or cover up, but it's something!!!

In a previous post, the following news article was referenced:
https://krld.radio.com/articles/new...-retired-dallas-firefighter-committed-suicide

In this article, Sheriff Meeks states:
""We re-checked the shop where the blood was found and there is bicycle missing that was hanging on the racks above the shop," Meeks said.
Meeks adds Chambers had been suffering from severe depression for about three weeks, but he declined to say why. Dive teams have searched the area twice but haven't found his body.

Authorities may go search for a third time, however, diving conditions are dangerous because of low visibility and because there are tons of concrete and rebar underwater from when the bridge was rebuilt."

BBM
So, they have searched twice and will go down a third time. And this is the first we have heard of it? When he mentioned the "low visibility and tons of concrete and rebar" it sounds like a way to explain why he wasn't found.
I believe this is Sheriff Meeks' third and final term. There is a reputation and legacy to be established.

And what about the initial presser where he says foul play was believed to be involved? What happened to that theory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think they may have been going off BC's initial reaction. And LE may still have been processing that info. (And we can't be positive on BC's initial reaction as it was given by someone not a VI but it sounded plausible.)
The blood had also not been tested yet and that may have made them think something bad had happened.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I will admit, and some of you know, that I have always thought suicide was an option. If there had been an authenticated note, or they'd found his body, or his wife had come out and said that, heck at anytime over the past YEAR, I might have been swayed.

But we can poke a dozen holes in this, at least.
The bridge was 'around' 20 miles away. Meeks stated that he was going 2.5 MPH, and that is why they figured out he was on a bike. So, if you are only going 2.5 MPH and you have 20 miles to go, that would take 8 hours! This man with bad knees was out riding his bike for 8 hours and nobody saw him? That'd mean he was still hours away from the damn bridge when the police were called.

Questions:
1. Who told LE there was a bike missing? More importantly, WHEN did they learn this?
2. I'd love to know if BC has sat down with his children and told them 'her theory'?
3. Did she tell them about this missing bike long ago?
4. Did she tell them about his depression?
5. Was he on meds for depression? If he was so down that he was suicidal, and someone knew that he was deeply depressed, surely he'd have been put on meds, seen a counselor, etc? Or if he refused, his loving wife would surely have reached out to his children for help, right?
6. If he was depressed and if she knew it, why would she not have checked in on him during the day? Especially on her first day leaving him alone to go back to work?
7. Why wait until now to bring up the bike to the public? That would have been a GREAT item for searchers to look for, right?
8. If he was so unhappy with her that he'd end his life, don't you think he'd have changed his will to see to it that she didn't get every single penny like she did?

I think they can now miraculously find his body. And of course it will be too far gone to declare cause and manner of death. So, everyone is off the hook.
All explained and wrapped up with a pretty bow. Made of money.

ETA: All of the above is IMO. Just wanted to add that. :)

Excellent questions, as always, MM. A depression of about 3 weeks wouldn't necessarily be immediately treated with antidepressants, especially if it was more of a "situational" type depression, brought on by life circumstances. IMO. We knew from a VI and the sheriff that something about MC's phone pings was probably being kept quiet. We have no idea who talked about MC being possibly depressed, or info about a bike. Family has been pretty quiet for a while. We here at WS know that LE never, ever releases all info during an investigation, but at whatever point the existence of a bike was known, that info should most definitely have been put out in public in case anyone saw something- even if it was months after MC's disappearance.

Re: BC getting everything: will or no will, she would have gotten his pension regardless, and the house did have a mortgage on it, and their were truck and car payments. It wouldn't surprise me if he did not consider changing anything, or perhaps never even thought of it at all. I would bet you a bottom dollar that he loved her so much, he wouldn't have done so. It could still be possible no note was left , nor his truck taken, because he either decided on the spur, or may not have wanted his family to think he suicided. I see so many folks riled up by this, and yet how many WS cases have there been where suicide just didn't seem possible? I remain totally open to anything else, and being wrong!

Meeks obviously didn't look up the average MPH by a person walking and a person riding a bike.
Walking: 3.1 MPH
Light pace biking: 10 - 11.9 MPH

So where does he get that MC's phone was riding on a bike, since he also said it was going 2.5 MPH.
Is it possible to ride a bike slower than a person walking, for many miles, and keep the bike upright?

I'd love to see the data. Was it a steady 2.5 MPH the whole time? Were there stops and starts? Was it an average of 2.5 MPH, sometimes slower, sometimes faster?
That alone would tell you if the phone was being walked or driven, I think.

"“The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour."

Also, I'm interested to know what kind of technology they used to figure this out. Was it a tracker that they somehow accessed, which would show the phone's route, or was it simply based on phone pings. As in the phone was at his house until 2:30, and the phone pinged at such and such a time in the middle of the bridge, thereby giving them the ability to figure out average travel time.

Now, I would think that if they were able to accurately pinpoint the time and location of his phone, they'd be able to do a tower dump for that time, to see who else was right there, no? I know I've seen them do that in other cases, but not sure if there are reasons this wouldn't be a great idea, other than Meeks and Co. not actually wanting to solve the case.

It just does not compute. It doesn't make sense. And as Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense it isn't true!"
All IMO.

Meeks obviously didn't look up the average MPH by a person walking and a person riding a bike.
Walking: 3.1 MPH
Light pace biking: 10 - 11.9 MPH

So where does he get that MC's phone was riding on a bike, since he also said it was going 2.5 MPH.
Is it possible to ride a bike slower than a person walking, for many miles, and keep the bike upright?

I'd love to see the data. Was it a steady 2.5 MPH the whole time? Were there stops and starts? Was it an average of 2.5 MPH, sometimes slower, sometimes faster?
That alone would tell you if the phone was being walked or driven, I think.

"“The phone signal stopped in the middle of the two-mile bridge over Lake Tawakoni. He informed us that the signal only traveled 2.5 miles an hour."

Also, I'm interested to know what kind of technology they used to figure this out. Was it a tracker that they somehow accessed, which would show the phone's route, or was it simply based on phone pings. As in the phone was at his house until 2:30, and the phone pinged at such and such a time in the middle of the bridge, thereby giving them the ability to figure out average travel time.

Now, I would think that if they were able to accurately pinpoint the time and location of his phone, they'd be able to do a tower dump for that time, to see who else was right there, no? I know I've seen them do that in other cases, but not sure if there are reasons this wouldn't be a great idea, other than Meeks and Co. not actually wanting to solve the case.

It just does not compute. It doesn't make sense. And as Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense it isn't true!"
All IMO.
All of us have gps tracking on our phones. I leave mine off, mainly because of battery life. But most phones have the default turned on. As a matter of fact, half of the apps I use try to turn back on my gps. Have you ever played Pokemon Go? It's why you can see yourself walking with the street names. Or ever followed directions from.the phone? It shows real time where your car is. Pings are not really needed, if the gps is on.

So why talk about pings and not tell the family the exact path he traveled a year ago? I mean, why search in North Carolina (just a random example) if the phone gps shows crossing the bridge at 2:32 or whatever.

I am never one who won't believe suicide. I worked in mental health too long. But I can say I have never seen a suicide case handled this way. Acting like he's just missing and not telling anyone to look for a bike or that searches are being done in the water..... that's where the scepticism comes in. 70 year old people don't go 17 miles on foot or bike in the middle of the day to jump off the bridge with a phone and a bike. As a matter of fact, in my experience, they usually leave their wallet, phone and even shoes behind if they are jumping. My client took a cab, paid him when she got in (she was sincerely so sweet, she wanted to make sure he got paid) jumped put of the cab at the top.of the intercoastal canal bridge. But she left her red shoes and her purse behind, in the car. Leaving things behind is usually my signal for suicide. So taking a bike overboard with him? And no one saw? In the center of the bridge? Not buying it.

Just for the record, I wish they would make the group public again. They need all hands on deck

Michael's daughter Suzy was interviewed by Channel 5 in Dallas today regarding Meeks' statement.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Investigators-Missing-Firefighter-Committed-Suicide-478589533.html

From the link:
Losoya says she first heard of the suicide theory in media reports on Monday and doesn’t believe it’s a likely explanation for her father’s disappearance.

Disgusting. Heartless. A whole bunch of other words I cannot type here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13