Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent questions, as always, MM. A depression of about 3 weeks wouldn't necessarily be immediately treated with antidepressants, especially if it was more of a "situational" type depression, brought on by life circumstances. IMO. We knew from a VI and the sheriff that something about MC's phone pings was probably being kept quiet. We have no idea who talked about MC being possibly depressed, or info about a bike. Family has been pretty quiet for a while. We here at WS know that LE never, ever releases all info during an investigation, but at whatever point the existence of a bike was known, that info should most definitely have been put out in public in case anyone saw something- even if it was months after MC's disappearance.

Re: BC getting everything: will or no will, she would have gotten his pension regardless, and the house did have a mortgage on it, and their were truck and car payments. It wouldn't surprise me if he did not consider changing anything, or perhaps never even thought of it at all. I would bet you a bottom dollar that he loved her so much, he wouldn't have done so. It could still be possible no note was left , nor his truck taken, because he either decided on the spur, or may not have wanted his family to think he suicided. I see so many folks riled up by this, and yet how many WS cases have there been where suicide just didn't seem possible? I remain totally open to anything else, and being wrong!
If I may just add to this: BC was married to MC for 34 years. She raised their two boys, all while working, and probably spent many sleepless nights waiting for him to get home from work. What they had belonged to both of them. No one else. And I think she made sacrifices for him so that he could
have that incredible garage.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the temperature was that day? That he decided to take up biking? For 17 miles? At the pace of a drunken circus clown? To commit suicide off a vehicular bridge that is wide open for everyone to see? And take his new beloved bike overboard with him?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MC probably knew or was at least familiar with much of LE in and around the area. I mean, Sheriff Meeks claimed him as a personal friend, but would he have known plainclothes investigators in an unmarked vehicle?
I never believed MC came in from Walmart and threw away the receipt right there in the bathroom trash.
Like everyone, I’m sure, MC had faults, a dark side and probably wasn’t a constant delight but it’s a mighty convenient revelation with the show coming up.

“I really feel like he, he jumped in there his self and committed suicide,” Meeks told NBC 5 news partner KRLD.

He FEELS LIKE? So this is based offed the Sheriff’s FEELINGS? Well, where’s the PROOF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I thought the same thing! I have never seen an investigation end without a shred of evidence that he actually jumped..... a body, the bike, someone saw him, a note (though that wouldn't be enough proof), video footage of him on this bike somewhere along the 17 miles.......

Where are all our map people? Can someone try to "show" us the route he would have to take on this bike and what things he would have to pass?

I've never been so concerned about an investigation. Ever.

https://goo.gl/maps/jbtJpvULpnG2
I hope this works. It's a link to the map from Papaw's home to the bridge.
Mostly a long ride via country roads.
There are a few businesses/places that may have video cameras.
However, we can only guess how thoroughly this was investigated right in the beginning when LE could have talked to these places to see if any video appeared of Papaw, asked if he had stopped in anywhere along this route, etc.
I wish the family could have seen through this sham of an investigation right away, and canvassed those places themselves. But really, people pretty much count on LE doing their job, so they don't go do it for them.

I'd still like to know when it was reported that the bike was missing. I can't imagine it was right away, because why wouldn't they have put that info out there to be on the lookout for the bike, or at least have said, "We think he may have left on a bicycle, because one is missing."
There would be no reason to hold back that information, IMO.
Which leads me to believe that they cobbled this cockamamie story recently, as the heat has been turned up.
It seems the vast majority on social media are NOT buying it.

I am not even sure where to start - I was ticked off last night with this new theory from sheriff Meeks and today I’m even more ticked off than yesterday!

First off: In regards to Meeks - he reportedly is Michael Chambers “friend” ...I would say majority of us here wonder what friend with the law behind him would not search more, not look for answers harder, would not hold more press conferences etc over a missing man who literally vanished without a trace! Please tell me, how as a friend you could look at yourself in the mirror or lay peacefully down to sleep at night and not think “I need to be looking harder. I need answers”!

Secondly: how dare he throw this scenario out to the public-why lead them to believe Michael did this on his own when a year ago Meeks said himself that he believed foul play was involved! He is throwing this crap story out now because he knows more info than anyone!!! Bet your bottom dollar on it! How dare he not speak to Michael’s kids and inform them of this new info he has about pinging over the bridge and a missing bike ? If you truly believe he took his own life, wouldn’t you give your friends family some respect and give them the heads up before releasing this info?!!!!

I’m just pissed.....

One more thing- he rode a bicycle in the middle of the day to a bridge and rode it off the side ??!! Did he just leave the bike propped against the side of the bridge and then made the jump ? So by pure luck, no one saw any of this happening in broad daylight ? I’m offended that the good ol sheriff believes we were all born yesterday! WTF!!!

However, we can only guess how thoroughly this was investigated right in the beginning when LE could have talked to these places to see if any video appeared of Papaw, asked if he had stopped in anywhere along this route, etc.
I wish the family could have seen through this sham of an investigation right away, and canvassed those places themselves. But really, people pretty much count on LE doing their job, so they don't go do it for them.

I'd still like to know when it was reported that the bike was missing. I can't imagine it was right away, because why wouldn't they have put that info out there to be on the lookout for the bike, or at least have said, "We think he may have left on a bicycle, because one is missing."
Which leads me to believe that they cobbled this cockamamie story recently, as the heat has been turned up.

Thanks for the map midge! I’m curious why he is bringing up the bike ?!! Why wouldn’t Michael just drive his whole truck into the lake ? Why not walk? To me a 70 year old man on a bike that doesn’t usually bike, would be more odd to me than him talking a nice walk through the country ... why would he bring BC’s makeup home and then decide to take his life? Why not just do it while you are already out and about?!!! This is just nuts

What the heck? Law Enforcement there obviously trying to get people to stop asking questions & stop looking. At a year after Michaels disappearance they prob thought they were golden. Then , a PI firm + national coverage due to Disappeared program causes them to come out with smoke & mirrors.

My heart aches for those who love Michael Papaw Chambers.

As orderly & organized as Papaw is I can't see him driving his truck to the bridge to harm himself, as that would cause too much drama ( truck here, where's Michael + returning truck to family + search & rescue, etc.) Also can't see him riding a bicycle that far. I feel if he were to hurt himself he would do it in a neat, precise, quiet & private way. Not a big display of bridge jumping.

Now, who's to say he wasn't thrown off the bridge? After dark, of course.

Query: Did Papaw cross that bridge to/from Wal-Mart?

What a damn mess. Michael Papaw Chambers deserves so much better, as does his family.

JMOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Thank you! I see cars in lots of the direction shots. So, it's obviously a fairly traveled route. Yet, has there been a single report of him riding a bike that day? Has there even been any request for people to come forward if they saw him on a bike? In Lucas' case, they generically said come forward if you saw anyone running with their shoes off. Yet, no asking about him on a bike?

Also, just to clear something up..... when he says he misspoke and doesn't have evidence for that, what was he referring to? Did he say he thought he jumped off the bridge and then changed his mind? Or was that about a different issue. I'm confused about that part.

You know.... I know family members read here. I don't think the mention of that water is random. I think he might be there, or some evidence. But not by choice. He has to be weighted down or something. I am going to suggest the family contacts Mark Michaud here in Louisiana for some guidance and advice. He is amazing. I know Tim Miller needs permission from the sherriff. So, I would try to enlist help that doesn't involve them. And please be safe! I can literally say I have never felt this way about law enforcement in am investigation. I am also betting there are individual police who are more on the side of lawfulness and may have info.

If yall need help getting contact info for Mark, let me know and I can find it. You can look up his work on Terrilyn Monette case. He has since started an organization and has found others, as well. He's kind hearted and amazing in water.

Is this 276 in West Tawakoni that goes over Lake Tawakoni? I don’t believe for one second he jumped.

Yes! AND the 2 mile bridge is 17 miles or so from MC’s house. No way he rode a bike that far.

So , Mr . Chambers rode a bicycle two miles from his home and jumped off a bridge with his cell phone AND a bicycle. Yea right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 2 miles. Meeks was saying he rode to the 2 mile bridge. That bridge is 17 miles from the Chambers home

I have to say, I too am surprised by Meeks pronouncement and with no
prior warning or explanation to the family.

He needs to have a press conference and answer questions. And there needs to be a huge ground sweep around the bridge and additional dives into the water. And if doesn't have the funds, there needs to be an organized
search by volunteers. IE: Adam Gilbertson of Denver. Police didn't find him not did they really search but concerned citizens did.

Does anyone local know if the bridge was expanded to four lanes ? If so, when was it completed ?

http://huntcountynews.org/two-mile-bridge-dedicated/

A bike ride from his home to that bridge would be 17 - 20 miles, being approx. a 1.5 hour trip. Just thinking out loud. I personally think a missing bike should have been spotted the day he went missing, but JMOO.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/700...df0ba9!2m2!1d-96.0569221!2d32.9610477!1m0!3e1

Yes, it’s 4 lanes now. Brand new bridge. I cant Remember exact date it was completed. Hasn’t been that long.

I found a Google view of the bridge that was taken in January 2017. It looks to be perhaps near the end of the project, IMO. There is a crane in the background (well, some big piece of equipment anyway) and new concrete, etc.
So, I think it's very possible it was completed by the time he went missing. That is just my opinion, of course.

I recall someone (VI maybe) stating that the dogs trailed MC's scent to the road at the end of the driveway. Would the scent be lost if he was riding a bicycle? If he did take the bike, he may have walked it through the gate before getting on it.

I have to say, I too am surprised by Meeks pronouncement and with no
prior warning or explanation to the family.

He needs to have a press conference and answer questions. And there needs to be a huge ground sweep around the bridge and additional dives into the water. And if doesn't have the funds, there needs to be an organized
search by volunteers. IE: Adam Gilbertson of Denver. Police didn't find him not did they really search but concerned citizens did.

Nothing surprises me with Meeks. He’s a horrible excuse for law enforcement.

I do not believe for one second that Papaw rode a bike for 20 miles and jumped in the lake.

It was broad daylight on a busy Friday afternoon. That day was the beginning of Spring Break for a lot of school districts and there would’ve been a lot of traffic.

They should’ve been asking if anyone remembers seeing someone on a bike on the day Papaw disappeared. Someone may have remembered and recognized who was on the bike.

Damn Hunt county for keeping this quiet for this long and then blindsiding the family like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member