Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So let's explore the suicide possibilities!

1. His body would need to be close to the house since his truck was at home.
2. He could have caught a ride somewhere with someone or called a cab or uber possibly to take him to another location.
3. I really don't believe he rode a bicycle to the bridge.......but I guess he COULD have gotten there another way.
4. We are pretty sure he was aware of his wife's infidelities.
5. His wallet and keys were left behind. (indicating to me he did not want to be identified or he was abducted unexpectedly)
6. What other factors were there to indicate depression?
7. How many people commit suicide and their bodies never found?
8. No suicide note.
9. Seems to be out of character for him to do this.....?
10. If he committed suicide....where is he?

One could discuss each of these individually. I have never been of the mind he committed suicide, but I do think it could be a possibility.

2. He could have caught a ride somewhere with someone or called a cab or uber possibly to take him to another location.
3. I really don't believe he rode a bicycle to the bridge.......but I guess he COULD have gotten there another way.
5. His wallet and keys were left behind. (indicating to me he did not want to be identified or he was abducted unexpectedly)
8. No suicide note.

One could discuss each of these individually. I have never been of the mind he committed suicide, but I do think it could be a possibility.
surely his body would have been found if he committed suicide in the area.His wallet and keys were left behind but yet his driver's license is missing.Would a suicide note void any insurance pay out?I think suicide is part of the family's story and the police are going with that either because they have no idea what happened or they are covering something up.SM thought a crime occurred at first but I believe once he found out a friend of his was involved with BC romantically he went into damage control and came up with the horrible bike theory.

8. No suicide note.

If you were a son or a daughter or grandchild of MC, would you ever be OK with the possibility he was murdered? Why has everyone gone silent? I don't think I could live with that possibility without some form of justice. What do they know that we don't?

If you were a son or a daughter or grandchild of MC, would you ever be OK with the possibility he was murdered? Why has everyone gone silent? I don't think I could live with that possibility without some form of justice. What do they know that we don't?
I can't imagine.There has only been a small portion of the family even looking for answers for quite awhile.I don't know the reasoning could be fear of losing another parent to jail or fear of the people responsible.That is all speculation on my part except for the fact their is just a few still looking for answers.

surely his body would have been found if he committed suicide in the area.His wallet and keys were left behind but yet his driver's license is missing.Would a suicide note void any insurance pay out?I think suicide is part of the family's story and the police are going with that either because they have no idea what happened or they are covering something up.SM thought a crime occurred at first but I believe once he found out a friend of his was involved with BC romantically he went into damage control and came up with the horrible bike theory.
My thoughts early on in this case, as some of you might remember, were that MC did leave of his own accord. Whether he committed suicide or simply disappeared for somewhere else, I've never been sure. I've always thought he took his driver's license himself and locked his shop door ( and house and truck) himself. There have been problems with this theory, but also with a crime theory. That's why this is such as daggone blasted mystery.
I think many here and on soc. media dislike and blame Sheriff Meeks for a great deal, but I've also never once thought he was covering up anything for anyone. I'll eat my hat if it ever comes out that he has. I'm shocked he would tell you, John, as much as he did, but I'm very glad he did.
I keep going over things but we do have quite a few missing pieces that only family, Papaw,LE, Klein - and any perps if a crime was committed- can supply. I agree with Razz. Papaw's case is sooooo quiet :(
I did move to the murder scenario after a while, but lately have been leaning back the other way. No concrete reasons, but just a niggling feeling I've always had.

My thoughts early on in this case, as some of you might remember, were that MC did leave of his own accord. Whether he committed suicide or simply disappeared for somewhere else, I've never been sure. I've always thought he took his driver's license himself and locked his shop door ( and house and truck) himself. There have been problems with this theory, but also with a crime theory. That's why this is such as daggone blasted mystery.
I think many here and on soc. media dislike and blame Sheriff Meeks for a great deal, but I've also never once thought he was covering up anything for anyone. I'll eat my hat if it ever comes out that he has. I'm shocked he would tell you, John, as much as he did, but I'm very glad he did.
I keep going over things but we do have quite a few missing pieces that only family, Papaw,LE, Klein - and any perps if a crime was committed- can supply. I agree with Razz. Papaw's case is sooooo quiet :(
I did move to the murder scenario after a while, but lately have been leaning back the other way. No concrete reasons, but just a niggling feeling I've always had.
I remember Tripod you seemed to be the lone hold out and I could get behind your theory of him disappearing or committing suicide if it wasn't for Suzy.Why would everyone else be informed of what is happening or at least believe the theory?There is enough strangeness not only in MC's case but many Hunt County cases that Sheriff Meeks is a dirty cop or the most incompetent man ever.I am also surprised at the level of info he and the other detectives shared with me.This gives me caution that they are worried about what I have learned in talking with people close to the case.

I remember Tripod you seemed to be the lone hold out and I could get behind your theory of him disappearing or committing suicide if it wasn't for Suzy.Why would everyone else be informed of what is happening or at least believe the theory?There is enough strangeness not only in MC's case but many Hunt County cases that Sheriff Meeks is a dirty cop or the most incompetent man ever.I am also surprised at the level of info he and the other detectives shared with me.This gives me caution that they are worried about what I have learned in talking with people close to the case.

I understand, John. At least he didn't really tell you anything super specific, detail-wise, that could harm any case down the road, I don't think.
I've always had a huge problem with the blood drops, because they make no sense to me regardless of which theory I think about. I know quite a few folks believe the blood drops were planted, including possibly the Sheriff. I still don't think they were, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how they came to be except obviously from some sort of injury, self-inflicted or not. To this day, I wish at least 2 different independent forensic blood pattern experts- true experts- would study those photos. Maybe they have, who knows? And why the smears of blood on that wooden dowel?

If MC did walk away, suicide or not, what would be the purpose of cutting oneself and leaving those blood drops? Maybe it was an accidental injury, or some might say he was trying to lead people astray for some reason. I can't think of any suicide case where that was done, but I imagine there might be.
OTOH, I can't explain to my own satisfaction why the blood drops and pattern look the way they do if indeed they were caused by foul play. The larger area of blood drops look as though MC was standing still , dripping blood from a hand, or arm- I just don't know.

Last edited:
Did they ever fly drones on and around the property? Or in concentric circles working their way out from his garage? Can drones be flown over private property?
Found the following. It’s sad but also interesting to go back and read these accounts. I can’t believe it will be three years in just a couple of months.

Posted on (Greenville) Herald-Banner’s Facebook page:
March 18, 2017
“A second search was conducted Saturday for Michael Glenn Chambers, a retired Dallas firefighter who disappeared from his Quinlan-area home on March 10.
Almost 50 individuals, including members of area Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT), the Cash Fire Department, Greenville Citizens On Patrol, the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office, drones and K9 units participated in the search at a location which was not disclosed. However, Sheriff Randy Meeks said the latest effort was again unsuccessful.
‘We didn’t find anything,’ Meeks said. ’It’s frustrating.’
A search was also conducted Thursday.
Meeks said his office has been receiving tips from the public concerning Chambers.
’We’re getting some,’ Meeks said. ’Some are legitimate and some are not. We are going to regroup Monday and see where we go from here.’
Chambers, 70, was last seen on a surveillance camera at the Quinlan Walmart on the morning of March 10.
The sheriff’s office was notified shortly before 7 p.m. Friday of Chambers’ disappearance from his residence in the 7000 block of FM 2101.
A small amount of blood was located in a workshop at the residence, but there were no signs of a struggle and Meeks has said it is unclear whether Chambers was injured and walked away from the shop seeking help or was forcibly taken from the building.
The Chambers family has posted a $25,000 reward for information which leads to his safe return. Brantley Burns with Farm Bureau Insurance is offering a $1,000 reward for information which results in Chambers’ being found safe and Hunt County Crime Stoppers is also publicizing the incident in seeking tips about what happened.

[SBM]” (BBM)
https://www.facebook.com/HeraldBanner/photo
s/a.172505836122484/1409563759083346/?type=3

Posted by Suzy on Bring PaPaw Home Facebook page:
May 11, 2017:
“For those of you who do not know, I am Mike's daughter. I appreciate all of the brainstorming and suggestions. Please understand what a delicate balance it is between needing the public's help and protecting the integrity of the ongoing investigation. I'll try to answer a few of the questions I see out there today and maybe then those can be laid to rest. We have searched with prison dogs who are trained to track living people. We have searched with helicopters with infrared detection. We have searched with dogs who track a specific person's scent. We have searched with cadaver dogs. We have searched on horseback. Drones have searched the perimeter of the lake as have helicopters. The game warden has searched the ponds near Dad's house.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Suzy Chambers Losoya

Posted by MCB, a niece of PaPaw’s and also an admin. of BPH FB:
August 30, 2017:
“Yes, his phone was pinged after he went missing. There have been numerous organized searches. The night he disappeared there were search dogs brought in from Bonham, foot searchers, and a helicopter equipped with heat sensing devices. The other searches in the days since have been on foot by trained personnel, search and rescue dogs, cadaver dogs, drones, area bodies of water were searched with sonar. Texas Equusearch also assisted. Right now, we are trying to coordinate another search with volunteers. We will have to coordinate with HC. But we will let everyone know when we need volunteers.“

Published March 9, 2018
FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth
“One year ago on Saturday, a retired Dallas firefighter disappeared from his home in Hunt County.

[SBM]

As the months go by, Suzy Losoya says she has little hope her father is still alive. Her conversations with the Hunt County Sheriff's Office are less frequent. But she's hoping a new private investigator and the timing of the one-year anniversary will help reinvigorate the case to find Chambers.

Losoya remembers the day Chamber disappeared vividly.

‘Crime tape. Just a nightmare of a scene when you get there,’ she said. ’But no trace of Dad.’

Surveillance video from the Quinlan Walmart shows the last time anyone saw the 70-year-old retired Dallas firefighter alive. He appears to have returned home. His wallet, keys and truck were all at his house. Drops of blood were found in a shed on his property. Still, no sign of Chambers.

[SBM]

Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks says investigators have conducted three searches over the past year using cadaver dogs and aerial drones. Investigators have also verified the whereabouts of each person who would have had direct contact with Chambers.

In a statement, Meeks said ’I know that they have followed up on every single lead that has come into the sheriff's office. Sadly, none of them have panned out.’

[SBM]” (BBM)
Still no sign of missing retired Dallas firefighter one year later | FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth

As to whether or not drones can be flown over private property ... I’m not sure. I need to look into it.

Thank you IMHO. As always, a thorough and well researched answer.

The private property is huge. IF MC decided to end his life, doing it on private property makes sense. Perhaps he knew that people wouldn't be able to traipse all over looking for him.

But...more importantly..... I'm thinking MC could be a wily ol' fox. Life as he knew it or he wanted it to be was coming to an end. He may have loved BC but I don't think he had any illusions re their ongoing relationship.

Do you all remember the televised program where they were interviewing Suzy's husband? (I think) And he mentioned that he and MC were watching an episode of "Disappeared"? And MC told his son in law that it wouldn't be hard to go off the grid, never to be found?

So what if he did? What if he walked through areas where he knew the dogs couldn't follow him. IE private properties? And someone dear to him picked him up to a whole new life?
He left a trace but just enough so police, family and friends would question where he'd gone. That would take a certain amount of coldness but if MC thought it best, he'd carry it out and wouldn't look back.

I'll admit I'm in denial about him being murdered. I don't want to see it. I think he was too smart to stand in the way of his wife's desire to move on. And smart enough to seek something better. (And I don't mean suicide).

I feel MC loved his children and grandchildren too much to just walk away. At his age he could have just rented a small apartment, get a divorce and live comfortably.

What would cause him to disappear voluntarily? I just don't see it myself. JMO

I feel MC loved his children and grandchildren too much to just walk away. At his age he could have just rented a small apartment, get a divorce and live comfortably.

So you don't think he committed suicide?

What you just said was what eventually made me lean toward foul play, after more time went by with no signs of or from MC. What Razz said in comments prior to yours are also thoughts I had early on, and partly why I'm leaning back away from murder again. But it being almost 3 years----my goodness! This is beyond sad and frustrating. I've no doubt MC loved his kids and grands very, very much. Even so, none of know the true depths within another's mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob_gf
Back