TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brain is fried trying to figure out how KA obtained a passport so quickly that mirrored her own image well enough to pass as legit.
In recognition of emergency circumstances, one can obtain a passport with in days, or perhaps even sooner if one pays a hefty expedited filing fee to Uncle Sam.

I am thinking that KA obtained another issuance of her sister's passport, maybe even with her genuine photos by claiming that the passport had been lost, a replacement was needed for an extreme family emergency and..... not forgetting to include the hefty additional fee.

It’s almost as if she were saying, “No problem, I’ll just start a new life in Costa Rica.” More the attitude of a teenager— but then, if she really had it together, she wouldn’t have murdered Moriah.
Yep, she wasn't actually giving up anything in heading to Costa Rica. She selected a new life in lala land. What's not to like? Marvy years stretching out before her....

Yes, they’ve said they are considering additional charges regarding the fraudulent use of a U.S. passport.
Oh good! I’m still catching up. Thank you for this info. I’m wondering also if the passport was given to her willingly or if she stole it. If it was given willingly - that person will be charged as well, but I don’t know how this could be proven. If it was a friend or sister, they most likely lie In order not to be charged.

Last edited:
In recognition of emergency circumstances, one can obtain a passport with in days, or perhaps even sooner if one pays a hefty expedited filing fee to Uncle Sam.

I am thinking that KA obtained another issuance of her sister's passport, maybe even with her genuine photos by claiming that the passport had been lost, a replacement was needed for an extreme family emergency and..... not forgetting to include the hefty additional fee.
You are correct. Good points! My niece just did this. She had to make a trip to New Orleans and got her new passport the same day, but it seems there was an appointment requirement and she had to supply her old passport, a form of ID and her birth certificate.

I suspect KA will now also be charged with fraudulent use of a passport? I mean, it pales to the murder charge, but the more charges they can tack on, the better, right?

From the US Marshal..... it sounded like the passport theme was going to be for Costa Rica to pursue. KA had unlawfully entered that country. For that infraction, you get detained and then deported.
So, in some sense, LE has already exploited the passport fraud.

I see these photos of the inside of Costa Rica's LE facility, and I marvel at the cleanliness of the walls, beautifully painted, no dirty handprints, no nicks....... Light years different from the grungy US BOP facilities I've seen in the news.
This is one reason I say, "Don't underestimate CR. These guys CLEARLY have their act together."

It’s almost as if she were saying, “No problem, I’ll just start a new life in Costa Rica.” More the attitude of a teenager— but then, if she really had it together, she wouldn’t have murdered Moriah.
Good point. The totality does seem to suggest a:

"Got in a jam. No problem- I"ll push "re-set" in a Costa Rican surf paradise. Nobody would ever think of looking for me there. Heck, my friend cant even find Costa Rica on a map!" type attitude.

This possible naive attitude would also seem to be inconsistent with her business abilities.

Then again, some people have a deeply engrained belief that nobody could possibly by competent in anything except themselves. This would include discovering that she had travelled to Costa Rica and that Santa Theresa might be an attractive destination for a continuation of a yoga, beaches and cycling lifestyle.

Oh good! I’m still catching up. Thank you for this info. I’m wondering also if the passport was given to her willingly or if she stole it. If it was given willingly - that person will be charged as well, but I don’t know how this could be proven. If it was a friend or sister, they most likely lie In order not to be charged.
*US Marshals also said today that they’re not ruling out charging others if investigators find they aided Armstrong during flight.

*And here is the quote and link regarding extra charges for the fraudulent use of passport

“If she used it as a form of identification, and to try to clear customs, each time she used it she could be charged as a separate count for that falsely, or improperly using a passport,” said Teakell.

*US Marshals also said today that they’re not ruling out charging others if investigators find they aided Armstrong during flight.

*And here is the quote and link regarding extra charges for the fraudulent use of passport

“If she used it as a form of identification, and to try to clear customs, each time she used it she could be charged as a separate count for that falsely, or improperly using a passport,” said Teakell.

Thanks!

According to this she first turned up at Don Jon’s on June 8 and pretty much demanded they let her be a yoga instructor there. Also she worked shifts at the reception desk.
Pictures of her bunk bed in the story.

Kaitlin Armstrong, posing as a woman called 'Ari', was described as a 'strange' loner who would 'keep to herself' despite sleeping in an eight-bunkbed dorm at Don Jon's Lodge in Santa Teresa, before she was arrested yesterday after six weeks on the run.

Good point. The totality does seem to suggest a:

"Got in a jam. No problem- I"ll push "re-set" in a Costa Rican surf paradise. Nobody would ever think of looking for me there. Heck, my friend cant even find Costa Rica on a map!" type attitude.

This possible naive attitude would also seem to be inconsistent with her business abilities.

Then again, some people have a deeply engrained belief that nobody could possibly by competent in anything except themselves. This would include discovering that she had travelled to Costa Rica and that Santa Theresa might be an attractive destination for a continuation of a yoga, beaches and cycling lifestyle.
Exactly !!

It seems like new info about the specific airport gate (Newark to San Jose CR) and IDing her on surveillance boarding:

• After authorities learned of the name Armstrong might have been using to travel, US Marshals “worked with Homeland Security and looked at flight passenger lists.” They found the name matching that passport on a May 18 flight from Newark to San José, Costa Rica.
  • They then scoured the surveillance cameras for the specific airport gate the flight left from and “ID’d Kaitlin Armstrong” boarding.
  • US Marshals contacted Costa Rican authorities, who located Armstrong at the hostel and detained her on an immigration violation for using a fraudulent passport to enter the country.
From

Oh my. Well, there it is.

A man who witnessed Kaitlin Armstrong's arrest says she left behind two passports. One of the passports was hers, while the other had her sister Christine’s name on it.

OMG. BBM.

[A witness to the arrest] showed Inside Edition a passport in Armstrong's name that he says was left behind in a locker after her arrest. He says a second passport bearing the name of her lookalike sister, Christine, was also found, along with a $6,350 receipt for cosmetic surgery under another name.

Oh my. Well, there it is.
Damn!

In this clip the guy at the hostel holds up KA passport, then CA passport, then a receipt for plastic surgery dated June 23, all of which was in her storage locker at the hostel. !!!

Talk about having the receipts! This guy does haha

So she spent half her jeep sale on a nose job....well then. Where did she have surgery, in NYC or in CR? She just seems like a walking cliche. Flying with her yoga mat. Off to CR to take classes and teach surfboard yoga? It's all so predictable.

So she spent half her jeep sale on a nose job....well then. Where did she have surgery, in NYC or in CR? She just seems like a walking cliche. Flying with her yoga mat. Off to CR to take classes and teach surfboard yoga? It's all so predictable.
Surgery in Costa Rica. Receipt held up to the camera in the video clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member