TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

“A probable cause affidavit states that on March 6, 2018, Armstrong received a $650 Botox procedure at a Travis County spa. After the procedure was completed, she presented her MasterCard at the spa but said she had another card in her vehicle that she would rather use.

The now-34-year-old apparently left her MasterCard on the counter, walked out of the spa and did not return to pay, according to the affidavit. “
Wow, from "retire at 34" to "stiff the spa". IMO theory KA escaped the country by way of Laguardia or nearby airport, not so sure, how believable is friend "David", one thing we all can agree on is "time". 2 weeks and counting. Was she prepared to be in basement in NYC or hills nearby with no outside contact, with help feeding her. Suspense is on this case and I pray for justice for Moriah and the Wilson family.

“A probable cause affidavit states that on March 6, 2018, Armstrong received a $650 Botox procedure at a Travis County spa. After the procedure was completed, she presented her MasterCard at the spa but said she had another card in her vehicle that she would rather use.

The now-34-year-old apparently left her MasterCard on the counter, walked out of the spa and did not return to pay, according to the affidavit. “

<modsnip>
And who walks out without paying and leaves their Identification on the counter?

Very odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn’t seem well thought out to “Botox and dash” leaving the spa with a credit card with your name on it, patient form with all your info, and photographs of your face that police can match to your drivers license picture. Then to let over 4 years pass with a misdemeanor warrant open on you (assuming she was aware of it). That may say something about KA’s general mindset, and recklessness/entitlement characteristics IMO.

Wow, from "retire at 34" to "stiff the spa". IMO theory KA escaped the country by way of Laguardia or nearby airport, not so sure, how believable is friend "David", one thing we all can agree on is "time". 2 weeks and counting. Was she prepared to be in basement in NYC or hills nearby with no outside contact, with help feeding her. Suspense is on this case and I pray for justice for Moriah and the Wilson family.
IIRC CS and KA have been together for about 3 years, so the stiffing of the spa incident may have happened before they moved in together and could split living expenses.

ETA: According to the search warrant, CS says he has been dating KA for roughly 3 years (and I’m assuming they didn’t move in together immediately), so it seems the stiffing of the spa incident happened before living in a dual-income household.

Last edited:
It doesn’t seem well thought out to “Botox and dash” leaving the spa with a credit card with your name on it, patient form with all your info, and photographs of your face that police can match to your drivers license picture. Then to let over 4 years pass with a misdemeanor warrant open on you (assuming she was aware of it). That may say something about KA’s general mindset, and recklessness/entitlement characteristics IMO.
"Botox and dash"? I prefer to think of it as "stiff and stiff" JMO

I've heard of "dine and dash" but now it's " 'tox and dash" - oh boy. No, that makes no sense. Wonder what else similar she's done over the years...

An international manhunt is underway according to this news clip from CBS.

A U.S. Marshall with knowledge of the case is interviewed. She states that KA only fled after realizing that she was a suspect (and saw the evidence against her) when Austin PD interrogated her (as opposed to planning her flight prior to the interrogation).

A U.S. Marshall with knowledge of the case is interviewed. She states that KA only fled after realizing that she was a suspect (and saw the evidence against her) when Austin PD interrogated her.
It’s about time. Sorry…

A U.S. Marshall with knowledge of the case is interviewed. She states that KA only fled after realizing that she was a suspect (and saw the evidence against her) when Austin PD interrogated her (as opposed to planning her flight prior to the interrogation).
Ooh one major cringe in this CBS News clip— they show the picture of KA with hair pulled back in cycling gear and identify her as “Moriah Wilson”.
Then they show the wavy redhead drivers license picture of KA and identity that as KA.

I do think KA has an ability to shapeshift her look that could be helping her along as she lives the fugitive life.

I wonder if this means they believe she already fled the country or that she might in the future?

I wonder if this means they believe she already fled the country or that she might in the future?
I think they realize she slipped away. From NYC she may have gone to the Caribbean or to Europe. How do we find out if she’s listed on INTERPOL ?
EDIT: Just checked interpol listings- she’s not on it but should be.

Yes, I absolutely agree. But I still can’t see the financial motive of KA.
Neither do I. I don't think it was an issue for KA. (I do suspect financial considerations played a role for CS, however).

I simply wonder that for KA, who got together with CS at the age of 31, if Daily Mirror is to be believed, the relationship was viewed very seriously. Not every woman says "if in a year I don't have a ring on my finger, I am out of this relationship" (some do), but usually, after 30, women enter a relationship basing on tacit or spoken agreement about mutual goals, which include family and children. Most won't stay in a 3-year relationship if they wouldn't see the future in this aspect.

Now, of course, all of it assuming that KA wanted to have family and kids. If not, the whole situation is very different. But even then, I think it would be less over money, and more over obsession with her man.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

The DOB on the affidavit of 2018 is 11/21/1987, the same as on the newest one (for homicide). It is also 11/21/1987. Yet the police states they let her go because her DOB on the affidavit of 2018 was different than on her documents. Does her drivers' license has a different DOB? Because the DOBs on two affidavits are the same, so, correct; I doubt they'd confuse the DOB on the affidavit related to murder?

Here (in the article linked below) it says her DOB in the report management system did not match that from the affidavit, and hence they let her go.

So where did they get the wrong DOB? From her driver's license? Or someone merely didn't enter it correctly? It is important, as it might indicate that she has a second driver's license, with a different DOB.

Austin cyclist's murder suspect released from custody due to birth date error, APD says

Last edited:
The DOB on the affidavit of 2018 is 11/21/1987, the same as on the newest one (for homicide). It is also 11/21/1987. Yet the police states they let her go because her DOB on the affidavit of 2018 was different than on her documents. Does her drivers' license has a different DOB? Because the DOBs on two affidavits are the same, so, correct; I doubt they'd confuse the DOB on the affidavit related to murder?

Here (in the article linked below) it says her DOB in the report management system did not match that from the affidavit, and hence they let her go.

So where did they get the wrong DOB? From her driver's license? Or someone merely didn't enter it correctly? It is important, as it might indicate that she has a second driver's license, with a different DOB.

Austin cyclist's murder suspect released from custody due to birth date error, APD says
According to the following article, the Austin police management system (PMS) listed her birthday month incorrectly. So she was released since the birth month did not match the warrant. Sounds to me like there was a clerical error when someone entered the info into the PMS back in 2018, MOO.

Last edited:
A few thoughts

- LE definitely knows if she used her passport to fly internationally beyond LGA and/or board a ship at Cape Liberty in Bayonne. If she did, they are reserving that info because they don’t want to spook her out of wherever she went.

- LE probably knows if she used Uber or Lyft or an airport cab to leave LGA. If she used the subway or LIRR, it’s likely she used a personal card to get a Metrocard or ticket, so they’d know that too. It is very difficult to pay cash for a Metrocard in that station, and they’d have her on video in there anyway. … the two toughest exits for tracking would be if she took a bus, or if she had a friend pick her up.

- My theory on what she did: I think she used Uber or Lyft to head into Manhattan, probably to somewhere known in yoga circles. I think she then paid cash for a performance bike or potentially stole one. If I’m her, and I have her degree of bike fitness and the clothes on my back, and it’s May and the weather is beautiful - I’m riding north. (what I’m about to describe would be dangerous and freezing in the winter)

- I think she is biking through upstate NY toward Canada. She’s originally from Michigan. This will feel like familiar terrain and temperatures. Up through the Hudson Valley to start. Hostels, camping, crashing with people in the Adirondack community. Fake name, shorter hair, backpack full of cash.

- She can pass into Canada on a bike without being stopped, much less needing a passport.

will be curious to see what happens next.

- She can pass into Canada on a bike without being stopped, much less needing a passport.
Are there still unmonitored paved roads or trails between the US and Canada that she could take? I was under the impression that all paved border crossings now require motor vehicles and bicycles alike to present passports or similar advanced identification (driver’s licenses no longer being sufficient on their own). Not to say that she couldn’t have simply walked a bike across the border in a remote location without detection! MOO.

ADMIN TIP

Posting that you saw an earlier post/link that said _____ but can’t find it now so you can’t link it is problematic for several reasons:

- without a link to substantiate it, you are violating WS fact-based TOS.
- if you can’t find the post, you should assume it has been removed by staff because THAT POST violated TOS.

Hope that helps.

New statement from KA's father:

"We can't imagine the pain that the Wilson family is going through. Our hearts go out to them. We would like to be left to be able to focus on Kaitlin's safety and proving her innocence."

Per the Deputy U.S. Marshal interviewed, their focus has switched to New York. They are hoping they get tips from the public - maybe from an Uber or Lyft driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485