TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pro-incarnation if somebody has committed a crime. I also believe there should be programs within the prison system that can help inmates overcome whatever led them to doing a crime, so they can be rehabilitated. I do realize that some people just aren’t able to be rehabilitated however.

I can’t imagine a life in jail or prison. I’m a law and rule follower, but the thought of being in a cage with my freedoms, choices, loved ones and pets taken away alone make me wonder why anyone would break the law!

I can’t imagine not ever hugging and loving on my pets, being with my friends and family, doing my hobbies, gardening, cuddling up in a blanket with a book and a cup of tea, seeing the leaves change in the fall, traveling, going to the beach, eating at my favorite restaurant, playing music, waterskiing - the list goes on.

Jail seems like pure hell! The psychological effects alone —- oyyyyy

I wonder if they’re out of the cells most of the day?

The jail doesn't look large in that video, but I posted it to give some idea of the space and the female fellow inmates that Kaitlin would have around her, although not sure of the date of the video of the John Legend visit. I think the Travis County Jail facility is much larger than how it appears in this video, so there are probably several buildings and several outdoor areas. Must have infirmary, kitchen, maybe library, other activity rooms, etc. This may just be one of the facility's sections.

This article is from 2020, shows the garden that inmates work in at Travis County Jail, but there weren't enought inmates in 2020 for the harvest, due to Covid-19 and jails being emptied since the virus spread so quickly in congregant settings. I wonder how the garden is doing now.

The jail doesn't look large in that video, but I posted it to give some idea of the space and the female fellow inmates that Kaitlin would have around her, although not sure of the date of the video of the John Legend visit. I think the Travis County Jail facility is much larger than how it appears in this video, so there are probably several buildings and several outdoor areas. Must have infirmary, kitchen, maybe library, other activity rooms, etc. This may just be one of the facility's sections.

Replyng to my post to add this information. Apparently the Travis County Jail has minimum, medium, and maximum security housing locations. And for both male and female inmates.

Our jail facilities house both male and female inmates in maximum, medium and minimum-security housing locations.

Replyng to my post to add this information. Apparently the Travis County Jail has minimum, medium, and maximum security housing locations. And for both male and female inmates.

Our jail facilities house both male and female inmates in maximum, medium and minimum-security housing locations.
She would be in maximum, due to first-degree murder charge and having been apprehended as an international fugitive.

IMHO, she should not get bail and be released.

She has already shown she is a serious flight right, someone who calculated and effected a significant flight from prosecution.

Perhaps if the deal is if she gets bail on the State of Texas charge of Murder 1, the Feds can re-file the passport charges and keep her incarcerated somewhere else

She would be in maximum, due to first-degree murder charge and having been apprehended as an international fugitive.

Probably, but I don't know what the legal criteria are in Texas. Things like first offense, flight risk, first time offender, etc. Not sure what the legal criteria are for level of placement.

Just so ya know, it's 107 degrees on my front porch in the shade in Austin right now. It has been blistering hot and doesn't really cool down that much at night, maybe 80 degrees. It's also humid. There are about two hours in the early morning when it's relatively pleasant to be outside. Better inside in the AC.

@RickshawFan
I actually do distinctly recall reading a bio book about Bundy where the author (can’t recall now which it was, as I read several) stated that Bundy had “many looks” and could look remarkably different at different times.

ETA:
When Ted Bundy was arrested in Utah and put on trial for the attempted kidnapping of Carol DaRonch, she proved to be an unreliable eyewitness. Although she remembered key details about his Volkswagen Beetle, she was unable to identify him from a mugshot. The defense pressed her on the inconsistency: it seemed odd, given her attacker hadn’t been wearing a mask and they’d interacted for several minutes.

But after viewing different photos of Bundy throughout the years, one might understand DaRonch’s confusion. Bundy had a chameleon-like ability to deftly change appearances—whether physically or with the help of costumes and props—which helps explain why the vicious killer was able to evade the law for so long. In the mid-1970s, the serial killer murdered at least 30 womenacross multiple states, baffling investigators for years.
View attachment 353641
Brilliant find. I'm thinking with Bundy, the chameleon is one aspect of his evil, and with KA it's a symptom of emptiness.....she's not doing a metamorphosis for the purpose of killing a new victim, unless facts develop!

Just so ya know, it's 107 degrees on my front porch in the shade in Austin right now. It has been blistering hot and doesn't really cool down that much at night, maybe 80 degrees. It's also humid. There are about two hours in the early morning when it's relatively pleasant to be outside. Better inside in the AC.
Ugh. I guess so.

Here is some information on Texas' criteria for determination of housing whether it will be minimum or maximum housing while incarcerated.
Ultimately, I’m sure she wants to bail out on 7/20. I just wonder if she’s going to be able to. She must be discussing this with her lawyer, and on the phone with her sister and father.

Not to get too involved in KA looks, I sometimes remind myself that her face was the last thing Mo Wilson saw in her short life. And I think that there is some disbalance here. I don't know if there is a tacit agreement not to comment on the victims in press, or not, but between "how did KA change her nose?" and "what fillers she used?", the obvious tragedy of a young athlete, shot in her head, multiple times, at close distance, is being lost. It is unfair.
A lot of the focus on here, IMO, has been on looks as a "tell" about KA as a person. It's also true that KA has put looks in the center of the case by getting a nose job (and whatever else). So, in this case, I don't think looks are incidental (as they are in most cases). However, like you I think the victim easily gets lost in the discussion.

Lawd have mercy that’s hot! The humidity makes it so much more unbearable!

True, but even looks-wise, Mo outshined Kaitlyn - easily. So why are there so few photos of Mo, and so many, of Kaitlin?
Yes, she sure did!!

Regarding fewer photos of Mo, maybe people are being respectful of her family and their privacy as they have asked. I’m not sure about Mo, but Kaitlin was very active on social media, and even though she shut her pages down…there are still places you can see photos of her. And obviously, The Daily Mail and The Sun are getting even more photos because people are stepping forward and probably being paid for private photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth