TX - Multiple Dallas Police Officers shot during downtown protest, 7/7/16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't let this thread go all gun control. There are families who just lost loved ones. This isn't the place for it. Lots of fluidness to this situation still to hear and report. Let's please focus on that instead of gun laws.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Furious. Praying for LE and the people of Dallas. Praying for the Trauma Teams treating these officers. So unnecessary.

Per CNN - another alleged suspect in shootout is in custody.

Suspicious package found and is being taken care of.

Seeeing as he was in a shoot out with LE, I can bet he is really one of the shooters...

I think at this point they are just looking for a dude in camo. If that means stopping/ detaining every single one so be it. Hopefully the people they stop have enough sense to understand.

They got the 2 POI thankfully. In custody.

Thank you to everyone contributing to this thread. Best place to be in breaking news.

Let this violence END tonight.

((Dallas)).....and ((USA))

Bomb situation being handled by Dallas Bomb Dept. Found package.

Police still looking for suspect or suspects. (CNN live) I don't think the other guys had anything to do with this. JMO

Please don't let this thread go all gun control. There are families who just lost loved ones. This isn't the place for it. Lots of fluidness to this situation still to hear and report. Let's please focus on that instead of gun laws.

It's important to make it clear the law in Texas allows people to openly carry guns though. If you don't know that it's hard to understand why the man in the picture (and others) were just casually walking around with their weapons.

No, not anyone from BLM.

My son is active in their group in my city (he's a white guy). I've been to their rallies. They don't tolerate violence.

I am glad your son doesn't advocate violence (wouldn't expect less from a WSer! I know many in the group do not. This young man who has been being interviewed on TV all night clearly doesn't. I also know some do. I have seen and heard this, and not just once, or twice or ten times, and not just pigs in a blanket. I even tried having a dialogue on Twitter once with a few people who were at that point and trying to understand how that could be their view. That sure was educational. I can't - no, I won't - ignore it or pretend that didn't happen. To me, that would be the equivalent of saying there are never racist or violent or badly trained police, etc.

Someone just turned themselves in local

2m
Dallas Top News‏ @DallasTopNews
#Dallas police say an alleged suspect was “in a shootout” with Dallas SWAT officers and is now in custody

Reported: Officers ran towards the shots; shielding protestors.....

3m
FOX & Friends‏ @foxandfriends
DEVELOPING: Bomb squad securing suspicious package found at scene of shootout with #Dallas shooting suspect

It's important to make it clear the law in Texas allows people to openly carry guns though. If you don't know that it's hard to understand why the man in the picture (and others) were just casually walking around with their weapons.
Absolutely agree with you that the facts of the law should be made clear. Jmo that this isn't the place for us to argue back and forth about our own opinions of these laws.

This seems like a highly organized terrorist act. Even though this was a BLM rally, I don't think we can count out the fact that this could actually even be some kind of ISIS cell that just targeted this event because they knew there would be a high police presence.

7m
Dianne Gallagher‏ @DianneG
#Dallas
What we know now per DPD:
11 officers shot
4 dead
2 in surgery 3 critical
1 suspect in custody
1 person of interest turned self in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online