TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are still investigating where Wheeler was on the night of the killings.

“We’re not going to stop investigating until we verify that,” Salazar said. “As I mentioned earlier, we talked about cellphone tower technology — that’s going to go a long way in showing, at least, where his cellphone and then GPS on his vehicle — it’ll tell us where those two items were, and then we’ll have to continue investigating to see if he was in possession of those two items.”

Nichol Olsen: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Warning, long post (and my first ever!?)(hope I don’t break any rules from jump): I’m quite sure that the Sheriff didn’t do this case, NO, or any of the victims’ (by victims I mean the girls and CW) any justice whatsoever. He was confusing and misleading and, in regards to some of his statements, down right wrong. To me, it seems they know exactly what happened that night/morning but, because NO’s friends have insisted this wasn’t a suicide and there was abuse and this is a cover up (yadayada) and have downright crucified CW at every turn, Sheriff is scared to “upset the masses” at this point and lay out the facts as they stand today. For instance, when he said that the ME’s findings are somehow independent from LE’s and the ME “only looks at what is on the body.” That’s just not true. The ME looks at EVERYTHING. Both what’s on the body and all of the surrounding circumstances, including the crime scene photos, weapon location, witness statements, suicide notes, etc. (everything available that they deem helpful, they look at). Some times they even go to the scene themselves in high profile cases (no idea if that happened here). Good luck finding a DA anywhere that would EVER indict someone for a murder if the ME’s cause of death was determined to be suicide. You literally can’t prove a murder case unless you have a homicide ruling—that’s how the “manner and means” element in a murder indictment is met. So unless they find compelling additional evidence and get the ME to change his/her opinion OR ask an outside ME for a second opinion (both of which are very rare but not entirely unheard of), any murder charge regarding NO is dead in the the water. If he was only trying to say they were still investigating who killed the girls, he should have made that a lot clearer bc all he did was get the public yelling and screaming that there is a cover up, they still don’t know for sure it was suicide, CW still could have done it, NO never would’ve done it, etc. He also said they died from gunshot wounds to the “upper body,” which sent people into a tizzy and transformed into people declaring they were all shot multiple times in the chest or torso so it couldn’t possibly be suicide. Truth is, per the ME, each died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Yes, I suppose that is considered the “upper body,” but c’mon. Quit dancing around the facts and just GIVE THEM. He also didn’t even seem to know whether or not there was a suicide note when asked by a reporter (he fumbled with his words and then acted like he couldn’t say)? Truthfully, I don’t think the Sheriff has personally done a darn thing regarding the investigation into this case. He’s being fed info before he gets in front of the mic and he’s doing everyone a huge disservice in the way he is delivering said info. Let the women and men actually doing the work tell us what’s going on if you can’t do better. I understand they want to back up phone records, gps etc. with the actual underlying data from the companies (bc texts can be doctored or whatever) but he should have said more about their preliminary findings or said nothing at all. Guarantee they know exactly where he was at the time of the murder and why he was there and they’re just waiting for the independent data. But now her friends and family are still convinced it wasn’t a suicide and CW is still being crucified and for what? Having money? Walking in to his home and finding 3 dead bodies of ppl he cared for? Of course he hasn’t spoken out. Who would? Until the Sheriff officially and appropriately COMPLETELY clears him, he should stay quiet. Until then, or until something changes and he is arrested or named a suspect, people should stop with the allegations and speculation and he should be allowed to mourn in peace. It’s a complete tragedy and the only thing worse than what it appears happened, would be for another innocent life to be destroyed bc his name is forever tarnished by ppl swearing he is a mass murderer, of children at that.

You mean after she strangely cancelled all her appointments for that week just the day before? BBM.

Olsen had canceled all her work appointments for the week last Tuesday, which Baptiste said she found strange. But the night before her death, Olsen scheduled two appointments with clients for Thursday morning — the same morning her body was found, Baptiste said.
Autopsy rules mother’s shooting death a suicide
Did you read the other more compelling questions I posed after that?

Warning, long post (and my first ever!?)(hope I don’t break any rules from jump): I’m quite sure that the Sheriff didn’t do this case, NO, or any of the victims’ (by victims I mean the girls and CW) any justice whatsoever. He was confusing and misleading and, in regards to some of his statements, down right wrong. To me, it seems they know exactly what happened that night/morning but, because NO’s friends have insisted this wasn’t a suicide and there was abuse and this is a cover up (yadayada) and have downright crucified CW at every turn, Sheriff is scared to “upset the masses” at this point and lay out the facts as they stand today. For instance, when he said that the ME’s findings are somehow independent from LE’s and the ME “only looks at what is on the body.” That’s just not true. The ME looks at EVERYTHING. Both what’s on the body and all of the surrounding circumstances, including the crime scene photos, weapon location, witness statements, suicide notes, etc. (everything available that they deem helpful, they look at). Some times they even go to the scene themselves in high profile cases (no idea if that happened here). Good luck finding a DA anywhere that would EVER indict someone for a murder if the ME’s cause of death was determined to be suicide. You literally can’t prove a murder case unless you have a homicide ruling—that’s how the “manner and means” element in a murder indictment is met. So unless they find compelling additional evidence and get the ME to change his/her opinion OR ask an outside ME for a second opinion (both of which are very rare but not entirely unheard of), any murder charge regarding NO is dead in the the water. If he was only trying to say they were still investigating who killed the girls, he should have made that a lot clearer bc all he did was get the public yelling and screaming that there is a cover up, they still don’t know for sure it was suicide, CW still could have done it, NO never would’ve done it, etc. He also said they died from gunshot wounds to the “upper body,” which sent people into a tizzy and transformed into people declaring they were all shot multiple times in the chest or torso so it couldn’t possibly be suicide. Truth is, per the ME, each died from a single gunshot wound to the head. Yes, I suppose that is considered the “upper body,” but c’mon. Quit dancing around the facts and just GIVE THEM. He also didn’t even seem to know whether or not there was a suicide note when asked by a reporter (he fumbled with his words and then acted like he couldn’t say)? Truthfully, I don’t think the Sheriff has personally done a darn thing regarding the investigation into this case. He’s being fed info before he gets in front of the mic and he’s doing everyone a huge disservice in the way he is delivering said info. Let the women and men actually doing the work tell us what’s going on if you can’t do better. I understand they want to back up phone records, gps etc. with the actual underlying data from the companies (bc texts can be doctored or whatever) but he should have said more about their preliminary findings or said nothing at all. Guarantee they know exactly where he was at the time of the murder and why he was there and they’re just waiting for the independent data. But now her friends and family are still convinced it wasn’t a suicide and CW is still being crucified and for what? Having money? Walking in to his home and finding 3 dead bodies of ppl he cared for? Of course he hasn’t spoken out. Who would? Until the Sheriff officially and appropriately COMPLETELY clears him, he should stay quiet. Until then, or until something changes and he is arrested or named a suspect, people should stop with the allegations and speculation and he should be allowed to mourn in peace. It’s a complete tragedy and the only thing worse than what it appears happened, would be for another innocent life to be destroyed bc his name is forever tarnished by ppl swearing he is a mass murderer, of children at that.
Welcome! I made my first post last night and it got deleted, so you're doing great so far.

Very thought provoking ideas you've brought to the table. Thanks for sharing. On the edge of my seat waiting for more details to emerge...might take a while, but I really hope not.

Welcome to WS! Excellent first post! I agree completely.

I agree with everything you said here! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's horrible what happened to Nichol and the girls, and it's also a horrible experience for CW... can you imagine walking in to find the literal worst possible thing anyone could ever see?

Just awful for everyone involved, and that very much includes CW. I hope LE does a better job at managing the public's perceptions/expectations of this case by communicating more effectively.

All MOO.

Police are still investigating where Wheeler was on the night of the killings.

“We’re not going to stop investigating until we verify that,” Salazar said. “As I mentioned earlier, we talked about cellphone tower technology — that’s going to go a long way in showing, at least, where his cellphone and then GPS on his vehicle — it’ll tell us where those two items were, and then we’ll have to continue investigating to see if he was in possession of those two items.”

Nichol Olsen: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

My reply is not directed at you oceanstarryeyes, just jumping off of your post to add:

I believe Salazar's conference where he made these statements was Monday 1/14, so it's plausible the details have been established and just not yet shared with the public. And the boyfriend is not the only POI. I also have not seen an official statement on the identity of the 10 year old, even though we all know who it must be. (This aspect has been very odd to me).

It has only been a week since the shootings and as LE is being very thorough, I'm not surprised at the limited public sharing.

There is no happy ending to this. And if forensics and facts reveal it was murder/suicide there will always be non-believers. Because we generally want there to be a bad guy. Not for it to be the mother of the children.

In the case I mentioned earlier about Mary Ann Holder, her last victim was her younger son she picked up from a sleepover. She parked the car on the side of a road, shot him in the head and then shot herself. The police had arrived by that time and actually saw 2 puffs of smoke from the car as they approached. The gun she used was the same gun that had killed the other 4 kids. Even with these undeniable details, many still tried to find another person as the shooter , that it couldn't have been her.

Now Mary Ann was in a relationship with a married guy that got ugly. Not physically but emotionally. And while he may have been creep and she might have made bad relationship choices, it was ultimately all on her that 5 young people had their lives cut short.

Welcome Jay Deuce! Great first post!

Welcome to WS and great first post!

A reminder that I have gently shared on many threads here that may or may not be appropriate here... There is no roadmap for suicide. It is so often the person who just went grocery shopping, just made a dental appointment for next week, just finalized summer travel plans, loves their children more than anything in the world, has a great job, nice house, wonderful parents, supportive partners, no history of depression, no signs of despair... there just is no blueprint, no flowchart, often no way to predict...

and we can say to communicate more, hug tighter, ask questions, share stories... but we have seen it time and time again... it. can. be. anyone.

And those who live on suffer. Those folks need support and love.

May there be definite answers here soon. Regardless, there is plenty of grief among a lot of people in these folks' lives...

If it was my family I would want LE and all other agencies to focus on gathering information, verifying facts and alibis, processing evidence and doing their job to the best of their ability. Satisfying public expectations would be down the list. I know we want details and facts as a group on WS, it is difficult to be patient.

Perhaps have a press conference to state to the public that they are working diligently and thoroughly- and to explain it will take an unknown amount of time to complete their investigation.

Things can turn ugly very quickly and hinder the investigation - the Jazmine Barnes case is a recent example.

FWIW: This is a verified Twitter account for
the local San Antonio Express-news reporter covering this story:
Peggy O’Hare
Census, Demographics and Housing Reporter, San Antonio Express-News
San Antonio, TX
express-news.com
Peggy O'Hare (@Peggy_OHare) on Twitter

Her most recent tweet is interesting?

Attachments

• B3BB7912-BC99-4CFC-B75B-7F6C023068D6.png
    B3BB7912-BC99-4CFC-B75B-7F6C023068D6.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 135
Peggy O’Hare
San Antonio, TX
express-news.com

“San Antonio-area mother, teen daughter died of single gunshot wounds to head”

I wonder if it was at the exact location on each head?

“San Antonio-area mother, teen daughter died of single gunshot wounds to head”

I wonder if it was at the exact location on each head?

I’ve been wondering that, too. And also the locations and positions of the deceased. That would tell us a lot. Morbid wondering, sorry.

To be honest, I am surprised that this doesn't happen more often. Society now places quite a bit of pressure on Mothers, if they work outside of the home, they are expected to look great, be upbeat, have perfect home, everything is "perfect".

And it is even worse for single women, everyone puts expectations on them, where to live, what to have...when I was newly divorced my kids were unhappy we left a large house, for a small condo, they were further miserable by the fact that there was no money for iPhones, Nike Air shoes, dance classes, football camp...

It seem like we live in a society where everyone has plenty of money. If this Mother was going to be moving out of this fancy house, because of a breakup with millionaire BF, her kids lives were gonna change a lot. Maybe she couldn't take the pressure.

Peggy O’Hare
San Antonio, TX
express-news.com

Sorry, maybe I’m missing something. What specifically is interesting about her tweet? That the ME released information on their website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member