TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, am I the only one who has NOT seen the bf named a suspect? And second, in a case like this, everyone close is looked at. Yes, that includes towing his truck. I say this from having followed cases since Morgan Harrington vanished at a Metallica Concert.
Idk , ask a mod, because i feel like maybe I have missed it and it’s now okay to discuss him as a suspect?

ETA: LE is still looking for answers. They have yet to declare NO’s COD and they have not overruled the ME’s assessment of suicide. Speaking of LE hopefully there will be updates soon. Prayers for the family. And to clarify first paragraph

Last edited:
In a radio interview yesterday with Trey Ware of KTSA (I linked to it a couple of pages back), Sheriff Salazar doesn't say the homeowner's name, however when asked if the homeowner was a person of interest, he says yeah, you're a POI if three people are found deceased in your home.

So, from the Sheriff's own mouth, the homeowner is a Person Of Interest.

Are POI's allowed to be discussed, or does the person have to be specially named as a "suspect"?
He can be discussed, objectively, as a POI, but not a Suspect!

Idk , ask a mod, because i feel like maybe I have missed it and it’s now okay to discuss him as a suspect?

ETA: LE is still looking for answers. They have yet to declare NO’s COD and they have not overruled the ME’s assessment of suicide. Speaking of LE hopefully there will be updates soon. Prayers for the family. And to clarify first paragraph

Thanks to you and to the other posters who are interpreting LE's statements and actions to those of us who do not have a background in these procedures.

First, am I the only one who has NOT seen the bf named a suspect? And second, in a case like this, everyone close is looked at. Yes, that includes towing his truck. I say this from having followed cases since Morgan Harrington vanished at a Metallica Concert.
Everyone is a suspect until they are not. Le has to proceed in this manner.

At this juncture he is not a suspect but is a person of interest as are others!

Yes, at this point NO cause of death is unchanged from suicide and he girls deaths are still pending for who killed them.

Anything is possible. And CW had many people convinced SW killed Bella and CeCe, so there’s that.

Last edited:
"The fact that Nichol Olsen's death, right now, has been ruled a suicide, we can't just say that, 'Oh, well then she must've been the one who did this to these two little girls,'" Salazar said. "We still have to go out and find out who it was that killed these two young ladies."
BCSO 'not ready to say' mom killed 2 kids then self at Anaqua Springs Ranch home

Am I missing something? It doesn't sound to me like the sheriff has a problem with the determination of NO being a suicide. It sounds to me like he wants to confirm she killed the girls and there's not some unusual circumstance where someone else killed the girls.

Also re mothers who kill their children - Lets not forget Julie Scheneker who shot her two teenage kids Bo and Kalyx for being mouthy ! She then tried to commit suicide but was found in time . She was clearly mentally ill when you watch her first court appearance but no one in the world would have thought her capable of something like that as she was a very intelligent former military lady with a military husband in a big house and the kids were left wanting for nothing and attended and excelled at all the after school activities which Mum took them to daily ! Very sad case .

"The fact that Nichol Olsen's death, right now, has been ruled a suicide, we can't just say that, 'Oh, well then she must've been the one who did this to these two little girls,'" Salazar said. "We still have to go out and find out who it was that killed these two young ladies."
BCSO 'not ready to say' mom killed 2 kids then self at Anaqua Springs Ranch home

Am I missing something? It doesn't sound to me like the sheriff has a problem with the determination of NO being a suicide. It sounds to me like he wants to confirm she killed the girls and there's not some unusual circumstance where someone else killed the girls.
IMO, it suggests the possibility someone else killed the 2 girls (maybe to hurt NO) and when NO saw her daughters were dead, took her own life.

IMO, it suggests the possibility someone else killed the 2 girls (maybe to hurt NO) and when NO saw her daughters were dead, took her own life.

Hopefully forensics will be able to tell what happened. Imo it seems unlikely NO walked in to find her two daughters shot in the head and then instead of calling the police/911 or try to hunt down the person who killed her kids, decided to shoot herself in the head too.

Hopefully forensics will be able to tell what happened. Imo it seems unlikely NO walked in to find her two daughters shot in the head and then instead of calling the police/911 or try to hunt down the person who killed her kids, decided to shoot herself in the head too.
Agree. Now that's a scenario I've never heard of. Parent sees their children murdered then immediately commits suicide. With (presumably) the same weapon used to kill the kids.

I know we see some unbelievable cases here on WS, but this particular scenario seems to defy all logic and common sense IMO.

Hey guys. I just created an account tonight so please let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly (how do you delete a reply?!). Anyway...

All very good questions so far. I'm not buying the suicide claim. Either he did it or he hired someone else to.

<modsnip: social media rumors and discussing family members are not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I just created an account tonight so please let me know if I'm doing anything incorrectly (how do you delete a reply?!). Anyway...

All very good questions so far. I'm not buying the suicide claim. Either he did it or he hired someone else to.

<modsnip: social media rumors and discussing family members are not allowed>

<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped> Welcome to Websleuths!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member