TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff says boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is 'person of interest,' but not a suspect

Wheeler told officers he found the victims’ bodies when he returned home around 9 a.m. that morning after staying at a relative’s home in another city the night before, the sheriff said. Wheeler reported he had left the night before after getting into a conflict with Olsen. Investigators are still working to verify Wheeler’s whereabouts during the time period in question.
It sounds strange that the boyfriend “had departed the residence the previous evening due to conflict in the home”

Why would be arrive back so early?

How far away was the other city?

What time was the conflict in the home?

What time did he leave that night?

Investigators are still working to verify his whereabouts during that time period.

Sheriff: Boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ not a suspect

It sounds strange that the boyfriend “had departed the residence the previous evening due to conflict in the home”

Investigators are still working to verify his whereabouts during that time period.

Sheriff: Boyfriend of woman in San Antonio triple shooting is ‘person of interest,’ not a suspect

Doesn't sound strange to me that he left after a fight, especially if it involves breaking up (only speculation). My husband and I went through a rough patch some years ago and I I took our daughter and drove over an hour away to my best friend's place for the weekend. Sometimes you just need to physically get away.

As for when he arrived home, could be any number of reasons. Maybe he needed something for work. maybe he thought there had been enough time for everyone to cool down and talk. Maybe he became concerned if she was not responding to messages he sent. I imagine LE has their text messages and such.

IMO, LE is doing a lot of verbal
"Olsen’s hands also were tested for any traces of gunshot residue, Salazar said. Investigators haven’t yet received those test results"

So how did the ME determine if the shot to her head was self inflicted?

This is what I wonder, too. I imagine that the entry point and angle of the bullet would indicate something. Maybe the position of the body. Definitely gunshot residue.

Maybe I’m reading too much into the quote, but “any traces of” sounds like “we didn’t think there was any”; wouldn’t they just say “tested for GSR”?

And “investigators haven’t yet received” sounds like “someone is withholding information”. JMO

The last time I remember such confusing and obtuse language from a Sheriff’s statement was the Sherri Papini case. Jeez.

IMO, LE is doing a lot of verbal

This is what I wonder, too. I imagine that the entry point and angle of the bullet would indicate something. Maybe the position of the body. Definitely gunshot residue.

Maybe I’m reading too much into the quote, but “any traces of” sounds like “we didn’t think there was any”; wouldn’t they just say “tested for GSR”?

And “investigators haven’t yet received” sounds like “someone is withholding information”. JMO

The last time I remember such confusing and obtuse language from a Sheriff’s statement was the Sherri Papini case. Jeez.

I don't know if they are bumbling the investigation, covering something up or just trying to hold things close to the vest and failing in their delivery. It is definitely confusing things.

Also, I know crime shows have spoiled us as far as timing of reports, but I thought that GSR was one that was legitimately a quick check. Is that not the case?

Doesn't sound strange to me that he left after a fight, especially if it involves breaking up (only speculation).

I have a friend going through a divorce. Her husband's office is at their house so he works from home during the day. He then leaves to spend the night at a hotel so they don't have to be around each other.

Last edited:
I was hoping the girls were in their beds asleep. Unfortunately, that's not the case from the above link.

"The three were found close together on the floor of a common area on the second floor of the house, Salazar said. A handgun was found in close proximity to Olsen’s body, he said. No suicide note was found."

"The three were found close together on the floor of a common area on the second floor of the house, Salazar said. A handgun was found in close proximity to Olsen’s body, he said. No suicide note was found."[/QUOTE]

(Maybe both girls came running when they heard the “conflict in the home“ is why they were all found in the same location.

That would also answer the question why the Sheriff is asking people for any Social Media from that night.
“They may have a screenshot in their possession of some of the social media used by at least one of the decedents in this case,” Salazar said.

Autopsy rules mother’s shooting death a suicide - ExpressNews.com

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-18_7-48-0.jpeg
    upload_2019-1-18_7-48-0.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
According to Sheriff Salazar, CW said he left to spend the night with a relative in a different city. The only place anyone from around here would consider a different city would be Austin (maybe someone would refer to Fredricksburg as a city, but doubtful. San Marcos, New Braunfels, possibly.)

If he left his house at 10PM that would put him in Austin at around 11:15PM, Fredricksburg about 11PM. If he called the relative to say he was coming and he arrived and went straight to bed without conversation, he's asleep by midnight.

Now, to get back to his house by 9AM during RUSH HOUR on a Thursday morning, he would need to leave Austin at 7AM sharp at the latest, Fredricksburg at 7:40AM. That means waking up early after driving late at night, no conversation with the relative, no breakfast, no stopping for breakfast. Essentially, he would have had to wake up extra early and sit in rush hour traffic for possibly 2+ hours and drive straight back home after feeling the need to get away at 10PM the night before.
If he left his house at 10PM that would put him in Austin at around 11:15PM, Fredricksburg about 11PM. If he called the relative to say he was coming and he arrived and went straight to bed without conversation, he's asleep by midnight.

Now, to get back to his house by 9AM during RUSH HOUR on a Thursday morning, he would need to leave Austin at 7AM sharp at the latest, Fredricksburg at 7:40AM. That means waking up early after driving late at night, no conversation with the relative, no breakfast, no stopping for breakfast. Essentially, he would have had to wake up extra early and sit in rush hour traffic for possibly 2+ hours and drive straight back home after feeling the need to get away at 10PM the night before.[/QUOTE]

AND

Last edited:
What a tragic case. It certainly bolsters what most of us here already know and have seen a million times: more money/more problems. While financial pressures can be the impetus of some terrible acts, financial stability does not equal a happy life. Add mental health challenges to the mix and there is no way to predict what someone may have done or not done. I think we would agree that mental health issues are a part of this case since there has been a suicide according to officials who are in charge of making that determination. I understand that people want to respect the memory of someone who has committed suicide and thus struggle to consider it or accept it. My opinion is that while each is entitled to believe what they want, pushing suicide into a dark corner only strengthens the stigma mental health challenges are cloaked in within our society, and people who need help, are then less likely to get it. I have been seeing swimmer Michael Phelps’ commercial for Talkspace so many times over the last few weeks on the crazy shows I watch on WE, and I applaud him. His message is simple: “TALK to your family & friends, and consider therapy, it helped him a lot, and it can dramatically change your life.” No matter what else we learn after this point, we know that NO was in so much emotional pain that she could only see suicide as a solution, albeit a permanent solution to a temporary problem. So very sad. I know what I expect the investigation to conclude after all testing comes back, and that only cements my belief that we MUST pull acceptance of mental health diagnoses and access to treatment out of the dark. That would be a fitting way to honor the memory of NO and her precious innocent daughters.

It seems to me that if he spent the night at his parents home, that would have been easily verified by the parents. No, I don't have a link that states it was his parents home that he went to... I just seem to remember reading it somewhere.

The point is, whoever the relatives are, they should be able to verify if he was there or not. Unless those people were out of town and he had a key to their home.

First time poster and FYI - I live in the area, about 15 minutes from the neighborhood where this occurred, and it absolutely would not take 45-1hr to get to Fredericksburg. Rush hour or not. There is currently construction along that stretch of I-10, however, once you hit Boerne proper you're out of it and the speed limit is 70mph, though most drive 75 or more.
My grandparents live in Fredericksburg and I've made the drive often during rush hour in 45 min. from my house 15 min away from Anaqua Springs.
That being said, they did not specify where he went when they said another city and it is perfectly feasible that it could be somewhere much closer as somepeople call even small towns around here a city. I think dissecting this sheriff's words is useless and it seems sometimes he doesn't even know what he means. Just my two cents.

It seems to me that if he spent the night at his parents home, that would have been easily verified by the parents. No, I don't have a link that states it was his parents home that he went to... I just seem to remember reading it somewhere.

The point is, whoever the relatives are, they should be able to verify if he was there or not. Unless those people were out of town and he had a key to their home.

Even if family members give him an alibi, I suspect they would still look at mobile phone pings, cameras, etc to verify.

I don’t find the suggested timeline unusually abridged. In the circumstances you are going to sleep like crap, and when you wake up you are going to get in with your day.

This is my active imagination of what happened that night. Just to be clear, this is all opinion and no facts accept they were found in the same room together and there was conflict that night. Sorry it’s a little dramatic but emotionally charged events usually are.

So CW leaves and NO has a meltdown. She isn’t thinking straight. Possibly this fight has occurred multiple times and she cannot handle it. She grabs the home protection gun to shoot herself and her daughters come running to her side. They are screaming mom don’t do this and crying. She looks at their sad faces and thinks about the pain her daughters are in and how painful it would be if she left them (mentally she is not thinking straight). She shoots the oldest one first and the younger one rushes to her sister’s side. Paralyzed by the disbelief that her mom just shot her sister. Younger daughter looks up and realizes she is next, tries to run, gets shot in the throat, and then the head. NO then turns the gun on herself.

I think if he had killed the daughters, they would not be in the same room because they would have hid from him from the start. JMO.

I am curious what gun was used because of the accuracy of the shots. As a woman whose husband leaves town a lot, I have a 9mm with a laser pointer and special bullets for kill shots (separate from practice bullets). Thankfully I’ve not had to use them.
But if NO killed one daughter, the second would run. On that theory, for them to be found side by side, she would have to have dragged at least one. Evidence of that would be in the house. I don't think she killed anyone, but this is certainly perplexing.

Last edited:

Why would he drive to another city? Why not stay with friends nearby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth