TX TX - Nicholas Barclay, 13, San Antonio, 13 June 1994

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still tend to think his family knows what happened to him and did from the very beginning.

I watched this last night as well. I don't think mom and sister harmed Nicholas but the sister was overly defensive of the older brother Jason and it made me think there is more going on than they are telling regarding Jason. Bourdin was horrible though.

"The Imposter" is a wonderfully directed/scripted movie.
It should be running again on CNN for the next several nights.

It's piqued my interest in this case.
Nicholas is a beautiful child, even if he has had his share of run in's with the law.

Wow - what a story. Cant believe that family. If my son came back after only 3 1/2 years with a heavy accent, brown eyes and peroxide hair and a totally different personality......... I would be afraid to have this stranger in my house.

Just watched the movie. Creepy. I thought it was strange how the mother denied having the tantrum on the floor. Then the sister also denied knowing it wasn't her brother when she greeted him at the airport. Is it possible the mother took something to pass the first polygraph? Although you can't believe a liar I thought it was interesting that he said the brother was the only one that didnt treat him like Nicolas. Was hoping they were going to find something buried. Not sure what the brothers motive would be unless he just had a temper problem and something happened.maybe he picked him up that night and was angry about it. Odd Nicolas disappeared the night before his court case though.

Watched this documentary awhile back on a google search for best crime documentary on Netflix. What a great documentary! So many pieces to this odd puzzle, but it definitely left me wondering if it was the family. I have a hard time believing anyone could con their way into a family like that unless the family wanted it. There's no way anyone could "act" like me, or con my family into believing someone else is me. I thought it was interesting the con man pointed out that the family helped him to be their missing relative. Was the family trying to pull a con as well? So many questions.

This case has always interested me I am from San Antonio and it just doesn't sit well. I am bumping for Nick hoping he comes home or someone finds out what has happened to him.

I just had to think of this case today and saw that someone posted here...I just wish Nicholas would be found one day. Someone out there knows what happened to him and maybe even where his remains can be found...I'm sure about that after watching the documentary a while ago.

Nicholas Barclay was last seen on June 13, 1994, playing basketball in his hometown of San Antonio. The 13-year-old never made it home. In 1997, a young man in Spain claiming to be Nicholas contacted law enforcement authorities and said he had escaped from a child sex ring. The caller was flown to the United States and greeted at the airport by Barclay family members, who insisted it was Nicholas despite different hair and eye coloring and a foreign accent. A year later, the FBI determined through fingerprints that “Nicholas” was actually Frederic Pierre Bourdin, a French con man who said he impersonated missing children because he was looking for a family to love him. A documentary film, “The Imposter,” was made about the case in 2012. Bourdin was sentenced to six years in a U.S. prison and subsequently returned to Europe, where he was caught impersonating other missing children. Nicholas has never been found.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-etan-patz-missing-children-20150509-story.html

I just watched the documentary last night / today. I'm blown away about how oblivious the family seemed to be - or how they could accept and pretend a stranger was their son. I mean, really- they had clips, bits and pieces of the old news footage in it, and guy didn't even have a slight resemblance to Nicholas even with his horrible hair dying job. There's no way the family didn't know it wasn't Nicholas.

Even being traumatized and hurt from him being missing, there's a point beyond denial about this not being Nicholas - I mean, really. This was just the family playing along.

The older brother thing was weird too, how he apparently just stated "good luck" to the con man, and didn't treat him like Nicholas or pretend that it was him. I feel like he definitely knows what really happened to Nicholas. The investigators (I think?) also stated that the older brother absolutely refused to cooperate in any way with anything relating to his brother. Weird...

I also thought it was weird how the mother and sister denied what the investigators had asked them to do (the sister not coming to pick up the con man from his alleged interview of his false torture and rape because they confirmed it was not Nicholas - and she did anyway, pretending her and the investigators never had such a conversation - and the mother having a full blown fit rolling around on the floor and screaming like a child when asked to provide fingerprints or a blood sample or something) - how strange. She also denied failing the third polygraph essentially, although she passed the first two. When asked about failing the third, she said "I lied about stealing things and stuff, not about Nicholas. I didn't lie about Nicholas. I passed everything that had to do with Nicholas." And then the investigators state that she failed every part of the third polygraph.... Really badly.

At the end, the person who moved into Nicholas's family's old house stated that his dog kept digging in the corner of his backyard but thought nothing of it- dogs will be dogs. But then he said when he was mowing one day, he saw or caught a piece of tarp, tried to pull it up from the yard but it was so old it simply kept tearing and things- but again thought nothing of it because he didn't have a reason to. I'm disappointed that when the private investigator dug there, they found nothing it seemed. (And what a guy! He looks a bit on the older side and he was right along there digging with the young man!)

Edit: some autocorrected words, and missing words

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The older brother thing was weird too, how he apparently just stated "good luck" to the con man, and didn't treat him like Nicholas or pretend that it was him. I feel like he definitely knows what really happened to Nicholas. The investigators (I think?) also stated that the older brother absolutely refused to cooperate in any way with anything relating to his brother. Weird...

It's been a while since I watched the documentary but I remember that I also thought that it's very likely that brother had something to do with Nicholas' disappearance or knew very well who did it and what happened to his little brother. I remember the older brother passed away several years ago, I think it was an OD or suicide, something like that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's been a while since I watched the documentary but I remember that I also thought that it's very likely that brother had something to do with Nicholas' disappearance or knew very well who did it and what happened to his little brother. I remember the older brother passed away several years ago, I think it was an OD or suicide, something like that. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Interesting! I wonder if I can find any info on that on the web....

Bumping. Do we know where exactly in San Antonio he disappeared from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping. Do we know where exactly in San Antonio he disappeared from?

IIRC, he was last seen/heard of from the basketball court he was playing at, I think? I think it was a few miles from his house. Correct me if I'm wrong, though!

I read that as well. Thanks. It would give me a better understanding if we knew which basketball court. I suppose it's possible I could look on ancestry for an address in his mothers name. I am from San Antonio and just wanted to know where this was.

I read that as well. Thanks. It would give me a better understanding if we knew which basketball court. I suppose it's possible I could look on ancestry for an address in his mothers name. I am from San Antonio and just wanted to know where this was.

I just watched "The Imposter" tonight. Incredible story.

Regarding location where Nicholas disappeared from, in the documentary they mentioned that at the time he lived with his mother (and older brother Jason) on Swallow Drive. From the video it looks like 14111 Swallow, just a couple of houses in from Higgins. This is the NE part of the city.

Regarding the basketball court, there is a clip of a news reporter saying that he was playing basketball at Fort Sam, a few miles closer toward the center of the city, but still on the east side.

Did Nicholas actually play basketball? Who saw him? Did he actually make it home?
According to a friend in the documentary, his brother Jason had moved home to help 'control' Nicholas, who was getting into trouble. Jason was into drugs and apparently so was the mother. (A heroin addict at the time, according to the Charley project.) Who knows what happened that day? Was the mother really 'sleeping' when Nicholas called, or was she strung out? What kind of fight did Nicholas have with his family before he took off to play basketball? (source: Charley Project)

So much time has passed, that this case may never be solved.

Charley mentions the older brother developed a drug problem after Nicholas' disappearance and OD'd on Cocaine in late 98'. The mother was a Heroin addict that cleaned up after her son disappeared.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/barclay_nicholas.html

Just to clarify, it was just Nick, the mother, the brother, and the sister involved, yeah? There have been a lot of conflicting accounts in the articles I've read regarding an uncle that may or may not have come into the picture to help get Nick under control.

We just watched "The Imposter" on Netflix and I knew there had to be a thread here! I agree with everyone who believes the family was involved (each in different degrees) in Nicholas' death. I am also equally appalled with Bourdin's actions and cannot understand how anyone could be so cruel. I am just thankful he didn't really prey on a grieving family.

If his sister and or mother knew who killed him, why would they play along with Frederic Bourdin? Assuming they were responsible for Nicholas' disappearance, they could have gone to Spain and said they were crestfallen when they talked to him and realized it wasn't him. I wonder if they were just scared and not that smart about it. Might they have thought it was a ruse by the authorities to see how they would react? Maybe it was Telltale Heart thing. I just don't get how playing along with Frederic helps them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back