GUILTY TX - Noted sniper Chris Kyle & Chad Littlefield slain at Erath County gun range

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
More evidence of Chris Kyle's true character emerging. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest.....

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/25...distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/

The former SEAL officer who attended Kyle’s Silver Star ceremony said it was a poorly kept secret in the naval special operations community that Kyle embellished his record. “The SEAL leadership was aware of the embellishment, but didn’t want to correct the record because Kyle’s celebrity status reflected well on the command.”

“Everybody went on a pilgrimage to his funeral at Cowboys Stadium,” the ex-SEAL said, “knowing full well his claims weren’t true.”

And that doesn't change my opinion of him in the slightest. Embellishments aside, the man served his country countless times and died trying to help soldiers who were suffering and who are often forgotten about in a system filled with red tape and a too small budget. My brother has PTSD, and I have had to stand by his side going toe to toe with the VA at times to get him the care he needs.

The Navy is not yet stating that Chris Kyle embellished his record. There is a discrepancy between his DD214 (which I think is where the info in his book came from) and his official record, the source of which is unknown at this time.

A Navy spokeswoman, Lt. Jackie Pau, said Wednesday that the service is working to determine the origin of the disparity.

“The Navy considers the individual service member’s official military personnel file and our central official awards records to be the authoritative sources for verifying entitlement to decorations and awards,” she said in an email. “The form DD214 is generated locally at the command where the service member is separated. Although the information on the DD214 should match the official records, the process involves people and inevitably some errors may occur.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...kyles-truthfulness-is-in-question-once-again/

How did you reach the conclusion HE did something to his record? It appears there were errors, but nothing indicated that HE did it intentionally in any way. From my understanding, mistakes on dd214's is very common. Soldiers often don't read them, in the case with my brother, who was so traumatized by the time he got his honorable discharge, he wasn't really even in a state to be reviewing it for accuracy.

What Happened to Chris Kyle's Killer? This Man Was Found Guilty of Murdering the 'American Sniper'

"...Routh was arraigned on Feb. 2, 2013, the same day he shot and killed Kyle and Littlefield at a shooting range in Erath County, TX. On Feb. 24, 2015, Routh was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole. And in April 2017, a court of appeals upheld the conviction — which is the latest update we've heard about the case...."

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/what-happened-to-chris-kyle-killer-159951
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official
Back