GUILTY TX - Pfc. Brandon Rosecrans, 27, fatally shot and vehicle burned, near Fort Hood, 18 May 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

NoSI

Verified Psych NP/Nurse Prescriber
Reaction score
Hi All and Happy Friday,

I meant to do this days ago... I cannot find a thread for Brandon, but hopefully I didn't overlook one due to spelling differences etc. If I did, please let me know and I delete this one.

Let's not forget about Brandon. He deserves justice. He was stationed at Fort Hood, Texas and Harker Heights Police (Harker Heights is located 8 miles from Fort Hood) responded to a call for a deceased person at 10:15 a.m. on Monday at the 2100 block of Fuller Lane. Minutes apart from that report, a 2016 Jeep Renegade belonging to Rosecrans was also found on fire near the intersection of Douglas Fir and Jubilation Drive, the Harker Heights Police Department told Killeen Daily Herald. He was later identified as Pfc. Brandon Scott Rosecrans of Kimberling City, Mo.

Fort Hood soldier found shot to death and vehicle burned identified by US Army

https://forthoodpresscenter.com/death-of-a-fort-hood-soldier-25/

Rosecrans’ death is being investigated as a murder and the Harker Heights fire marshal is working to determine the cause of the fire.

Attachments

• Pfc.-Brandon-Rosecrans.jpg
    Pfc.-Brandon-Rosecrans.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 16
New article posted 6 hours ago of interview with Brandon's father:

“When I closed that lid, the last thing I promised my son was if it takes my last breath, I will find out who did this and will make sure they pay. I guarantee you God is my witness, that is exactly what is going to happen,” he said.

He also says his son was attacked at gunpoint a week before his murder possibly by the same suspect(s). People, Berg Sr. says, his son probably knew.

Berg Sr. says he has been in contact with Army CID and Harker Heights Police Department and thankful for the work they’re doing to solve the murder."

‘I will find out who did this’: Family of murdered soldier pushes for justice

Recent article about Brandon being laid to rest:

"The family shared with me what a difference the army made in his life. He went in as a young man, and he was turning into a marvelous adult, responsible young man,” Hardy said at the service.

A service was complete with an honor from the local fire department, the patriot guard, a three-volley salute, and taps.

“We cannot be any more happy with the Army presence we’ve had, and the blessing from everybody that’s been behind us,” says Thomas.

With Brandon now peacefully at rest, the family says their mission now is justice.

“I want people when they see this to remember that we are a family, and that Brandon is a person. I know Brandon loved his family and his brothers and this is a terrible loss. But we’re going to fight until we find our son,” Thomas says.

“Please call Crime Stoppers if you know anything at all,” says Kristi Berg, Rosecrans’ mother."

Kimberling City Soldier Laid to Rest, Full Military Honors | KOLR - OzarksFirst.com

New article posted 6 hours ago of interview with Brandon's father:

“When I closed that lid, the last thing I promised my son was if it takes my last breath, I will find out who did this and will make sure they pay. I guarantee you God is my witness, that is exactly what is going to happen,” he said.

He also says his son was attacked at gunpoint a week before his murder possibly by the same suspect(s). People, Berg Sr. says, his son probably knew.

Berg Sr. says he has been in contact with Army CID and Harker Heights Police Department and thankful for the work they’re doing to solve the murder."

‘I will find out who did this’: Family of murdered soldier pushes for justice

BBM:

Just now familiarizing myself with this case.
Thank you for tagging me, @NoSI !

So terribly sad to read about this awful assault on yet another American soldier.
It makes me angry that another soldier has fallen, not on the battlefield, but on what should be the safe ground of American soil.

To the bolded point:

I'm wondering about the particulars of this incident the father describes the week prior to PfcR's murder.
Some specific questions that spring to mind are the following:
  • When and where was he attacked at gunpoint?
  • Was the incident reported to police?
  • Did PfcR know the individual(s) in that prior incident, and if so, did he name names to anyone?
His father is exactly right.

It's much, much more probable than not that those two separate attacks on PfcR are connected somehow.

Separate question: Has a reward for information r/t the murder been offered by CID in this case?

JMO.

BBM:

Just now familiarizing myself with this case.

So terribly sad.

To the bolded point:

I'm wondering about the particulars of this incident the father describes the week prior to PfcR's murder.
Some specific questions that spring to mind are the following:
  • When and where was he attacked at gunpoint?
  • Was the incident reported to police?
  • Did PfcR know the individual(s) in that prior incident, and if so, did he name names to anyone?
His father is exactly right.

It's much, much more probable than not that those two separate attacks on PfcR are connected somehow.

Separate question: Has a reward for information r/t the murder been offered by CID in this case?

JMO.

Thank you so much @GordionKnot for your response! :)

Yes, I have been thinking about Brandon a lot... I did not know until I posted today that there was an incident prior to May 18th where PfcR got shot at. This makes it much more likely that somebody tried to hurt him/silence him personally and he wasn't just at the wrong place at the wrong time, which I never really thought.

I will definitely dig deeper and post what I find.

Recent article about Brandon being laid to rest:

"The family shared with me what a difference the army made in his life. He went in as a young man, and he was turning into a marvelous adult, responsible young man,” Hardy said at the service.

A service was complete with an honor from the local fire department, the patriot guard, a three-volley salute, and taps.

“We cannot be any more happy with the Army presence we’ve had, and the blessing from everybody that’s been behind us,” says Thomas.

With Brandon now peacefully at rest, the family says their mission now is justice.

“I want people when they see this to remember that we are a family, and that Brandon is a person. I know Brandon loved his family and his brothers and this is a terrible loss. But we’re going to fight until we find our son,” Thomas says.

“Please call Crime Stoppers if you know anything at all,” says Kristi Berg, Rosecrans’ mother."

Kimberling City Soldier Laid to Rest, Full Military Honors | KOLR - OzarksFirst.com
BBM:

I gotta' be honest:

After all the vitriol and accusations we've seen directed at the Army from family members on another tragic case at Fort Hood, it is extremely refreshing to hear PFC R's family voice appreciation for the Army's efforts and the support they've provided to the family.

This is a family who is obviously on a single mission: Justice for BR.

No mixed agendas here.

That bodes well for a successful outcome in terms of securing an arrest and conviction.

JMO.

BBM:

I gotta' be honest:

After all the vitriol and accusations we've seen directed at the Army from family members on another tragic case at Fort Hood, it is extremely refreshing to hear PFC R's family voice appreciation for the Army's efforts and the support they've provided to the family.

This is a family who is obviously on a single mission: Justice for BR.

No mixed agendas here.

That bodes well for a successful outcome in terms of securing an arrest and conviction.

JMO.

Yup, I hear you. I don't think this is related to a big cover up or anything like that from command down, but wonder if he maybe had problems with someone on post or even a civilian. Wonder if he knew something, observed something, and somebody panicked. I don't know... I think he was targeted by someone personally, but nothing connected to a big conspiracy theory. Not sure if I am making sense... I will see if I can find that video with his mom and dad. Heartbreaking, but also awe inspiring...

Police identify shooting victim found dead along local road
5/20/2020

Police Tuesday evening identified a shooting victim whose body was discovered Monday along a road on the southern edge of Harker Heights as Brandon Scott Rosecrans, 27, of Fort Hood.

Rosecrans’ body was found at around 10:20 a.m. Monday along Fuller Lane just north of the western end of Stillhouse Hollow Lake.

Rosecrans, an Army private first class, had been assigned since November 2018 to the 1st Cavalry Division’s 3rd Armored Brigade Combat Team as a quartermaster and chemical equipment repairer, Fort Hood said.

"Command Sgt. Maj. Ryan McLane and I would like to express our deepest regrets to the family and loved ones of Pfc. Brandon Rosecrans. The thoughts and prayers of the Soldiers of 215th Brigade Support Battalion and the Greywolf Brigade are with them during this difficult time," Col. Kevin Capra, commander 3ABCT, said.

Source:
Police identify shooting victim found dead along local road

New article and some new bits of information:
"But on May 18, at just 27, Rosecrans was shot and killed. Police found him dead in the 2100 block of Fuller Lane in Harker Heights. Berg said his son had been robbed and murdered. "He had no wallet. No jewelry. He had nothing on him," Berg said. "They took his iPad, phones, guns".

Berg (Brandon's father) said his son's Jeep was found a few miles away but was burned down to a frame and four wheels. Several months later, the Harker Heights Police Department still has no suspects. When 6 News contact the department, they emailed only the following statement:

Mr. Brandon Rosecrans murder is still under investigation by the Harker Heights Police Department Criminal Investigation Division. No other update at this time.

Source:
Father seeing justice after Fort Hood soldier was shot, killed | kcentv.com

Another Fort Hood soldier killed - I will have to read up on this one -

Yes, please @oviedo . Two details that very recently came out via family to keep close by:

1. He was shot at the week prior to his death.

"He also says his son was attacked at gunpoint a week before his murder possibly by the same suspect(s). People, Berg Sr. says, his son probably knew."

And

2. Berg said his son had been robbed and murdered. "He had no wallet. No jewelry. He had nothing on him," Berg said. "They took his iPad, phones, guns".

Our vets/active duty deserve so so much better!

Yes, please @oviedo . Two details that very recently came out via family to keep close by:

1. He was shot at the week prior to his death.

"He also says his son was attacked at gunpoint a week before his murder possibly by the same suspect(s). People, Berg Sr. says, his son probably knew."

And

2. Berg said his son had been robbed and murdered. "He had no wallet. No jewelry. He had nothing on him," Berg said. "They took his iPad, phones, guns".

Our vets/active duty deserve so so much better!
BBM:

They absolutely do deserve better.

Unfortunately, violent crimes occur everywhere in this country.

Cities.
Suburbs.
College Campuses.
Malls.
Schools.
Churches.

Violent crimes are committed against people of every age, race, gender and religion.
Soldiers aren't handed an immunity card protecting them from harm on American soil.
None of us are.

I hope this thread doesn't start marching down the misdirected path that the VG thread has decided to take itself.
If there's one thing that thread has made abundantly clear to me, it's that lemmings make piss-poor leaders.
And I ain't talking about the Army brass, either.

If people want to show active and former military members they're both valued and appreciated, the best way to do that is to avoid verbally carpet bombing their core infrastructure.

Throwing a blanket of criticism over someone's head rarely makes them feel warm and cozy.

Just hot, and stifled.

JMO.

Last edited:
They absolutely do deserve better.

Unfortunately, violent crimes occur everywhere in this country.

Cities.
Suburbs.
College Campuses.
Malls.
Schools.
Churches.

Violent crimes are committed against people of every age, race, gender and religion in this country.

Soldiers aren't handed an immunity card protecting them from harm on American soil.
None of us are.

Question: Did PFC R's murder happen off base?
If so, then there's nothing the military could have done to prevent them.
Not one thing.

I hope this thread doesn't start marching down the misdirected path that the VG thread has decided to take itself.
If there's one thing that thread has made abundantly clear to me, it's that lemmings make piss-poor leaders.
And I ain't talking about the Army brass, either.

JMO.

Agree 100%!
Yes, it happened off base as i understand it. It could definitely be a wrong place at the wrong time type situation especially now that we know he was robbed. But being shot at 1 week prior as well would make it a huge coincidence. But maybe not in high crime Killeen...

I just don't want Brandon to be forgotten! He is getting so much less media attention...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back