Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that story came from a witness who said she was sure it was Vanessa they saw. It will be a significant part of the case if true. For all we know it was two different people having a violent argument. I hope it wasn't yet another victim who was harmed.
I'm with you MsBetsy. I will always believe he has done this before and possibly several times. All soldiers know what the wrath of UCMJ. I don't see soldiers, especially an E4, casually carrying out something like this in the work place because of a complaint filed against them. It's just that until proven otherwise, a complaint. A high ranking and/or married person with retirement years yes, but an E4 or whatever his rank...I don't see it.

Possibly. I'm still trying to figure out how he knew a BOLO was out for him and he dressed as he was at that time of morning when they went to get him.
Was he in his barracks when police came to arrest him? I don't know the specifics but I guess if he was in a vehicle he may have been on the run. I assumed he and the woman were together when he was arrested. She may have been held for questioning and was released or she was involved.

ETA I just remembered he was on foot when they came to arrest him. He was reportedly trying to run off the base. I dont know where they found the woman.

None of this has been confirmed apparently, so I guess we don't know where he was at the time.

Last edited:
There are a lot of rumors flying around on SM in regards to the suspects (both the one alive and the one deceased).

WS does not allow the discussion of rumors or social media speculation. Although these rumors at times prove themselves to be accurate, until it’s reported by a reputable source it cannot be brought here for discussion!

Was he in his barracks when police came to arrest him? I don't know the specifics but I guess if he was in a vehicle he may have been on the run. I assumed he and the woman were together when he was arrested. She may have been held for questioning and was released or she was involved.
I don't know if he lived in the Barracks or Off-Post.

Suspect confronted
Early Wednesday, US Marshals, Killeen police and the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force located the unidentified soldier suspected in Guillen's disappearance, CID said. He had left his Fort Hood post. The authorities confronted him walking along a commercial and residential thoroughfare on the northeast side of the city, a few miles from base.

"As officers attempted to make contact with the suspect, the suspect displayed a weapon and discharged it toward himself. The suspect succumbed from a self-inflicted gunshot wound
," the Killeen Police Department said in a news release.

This came just hours after investigators discovered Tuesday the partial remains of a body near the Leon River in rural Bell County, where Killeen is located.
snipped BBM
Vanessa Guillen: Suspect in disappearance of Fort Hood missing soldier kills self when confronted by police - CNN

Suspect confronted
Early Wednesday, US Marshals, Killeen police and the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force located the unidentified soldier suspected in Guillen's disappearance, CID said. He had left his Fort Hood post. The authorities confronted him walking along a commercial and residential thoroughfare on the northeast side of the city, a few miles from base.

"As officers attempted to make contact with the suspect, the suspect displayed a weapon and discharged it toward himself. The suspect succumbed from a self-inflicted gunshot wound
," the Killeen Police Department said in a news release.

This came just hours after investigators discovered Tuesday the partial remains of a body near the Leon River in rural Bell County, where Killeen is located.
snipped BBM
Vanessa Guillen: Suspect in disappearance of Fort Hood missing soldier kills self when confronted by police - CNN
Thanks, I had only read the report from Crime on line and at that time I don't think anything had been confirmed.

What a coward he was.

MOO Vanessa didn't mistake an e4 for an e5.

Did Robinson get "acting jack" stripes?
A promotion given solely to be able do a job that requires an NCO level supervisor, stripes which would be taken away when his job changed.

Or is another soldier, a sergeant involved?
Has anyone heard anything from the ones involved Chain of Command? 1SG, Commander, SGM, Supervisors etc...Have they given any type of statement/condolences to the Guillen family? These are people responsible for Soldiers in their Unit/direct command.

Trying desperately to catch up, so I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nancy Grace’s podcast today was interviewing Tim Miller about this case.

It is absolutely heartbreaking, but may answer some questions about some details.

I’m on my phone and can’t seem to link it at the moment, but maybe someone else can? If it hasn’t been already. Thanks!
It was incredibly heartbreaking. The family found out through him. They called him and asked him to tell them. It's sad when you can't trust investigator's but I'm glad Tim Miller was there for them.

Possibly. I'm still trying to figure out how he knew a BOLO was out for him and he dressed as he was at that time of morning when they went to get him.

Was there really a BOLO out for him? I've seen those photos but nothing saying it was a BOLO.
As to the clothing, when i first saw him laying on the ground, i really thought it was a woman with large fat thighs and wearing a tight black dress/skirt. There was another item near the victim's body that suggested the person in question was a woman or a man dressed as a woman. But now that we are sure it was AR, maybe you are right, the clothing (and that specific item, if related) could be part of his plan to leave.

MOO JMO

Grace White@GraceWhiteKHOU

Press conference on #VanessaGuillen scheduled for Thursday at 2 p.m.
@forthood
Army just announced details #KHOU11

Eb4LiT4XgAc2k6o

4:34 PM · Jul 1, 2020

2 pm CT
Noon PT
1 pm MT
3 pm ET
8 pm London

2 AM Bangkok (Friday)
FYI Presser today
TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, 22 Apr 2020 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Has anyone heard anything from the ones involved Chain of Command? 1SG, Commander, SGM, Supervisors etc...Have they given any type of statement/condolences to the Guillen family? These are people responsible for Soldiers in their Unit/direct command.

I haven't seen anything though that certainly doesnt mean it didnt happen or that such an article doesnt exist- I just haven't seen one.

Perhaps they were advised or given orders not to speak publicly?

Personally, if I was a superior in her chain of command, particularly if I were male, I would not have wanted to put myself out there due to the sexual harassment claim and all of the rumors flying around about who it was and how far up the chain of command it went. Wouldn't want to have my name thrown in THAT hat if I could avoid it. Condolences can be sent/said privately as well; publicly in a news article or interview isn't the only way to go about that.

Perhaps someone from her chain of command will say something this afternoon at the press conference?

The family attorney mentioned the BOLO being issued.

SBM
The family’s attorney, Natalie Kwaham, however, said during the Washington news conference that two others were involved.

“We told command who we believed it was and why. From there the search went quicker.... Last night they issue a BOLO and that person ran off base and shot himself when they came up to him. This is the same person we have been talking about the superior who she was with that day and harassed her”

Family thinks man who committed suicide was linked to soldier’s disappearance

The family attorney mentioned the BOLO being issued.

SBM
The family’s attorney, Natalie Kwaham, however, said during the Washington news conference that two others were involved.

“We told command who we believed it was and why. From there the search went quicker.... Last night they issue a BOLO and that person ran off base and shot himself when they came up to him. This is the same person we have been talking about the superior who she was with that day and harassed her”

Family thinks man who committed suicide was linked to soldier’s disappearance

Thanks!

Also from your link: "Killeen police held a late-morning news conference, but provided no new information."

Is there a link to the PC?

TIA

MOO JMO

Thanks, I had only read the report from Crime on line and at that time I don't think anything had been confirmed.

What a coward he was.
I was curious if he left his post because his shift was done or if he was tipped off? Like did they go to his house first and someone made him aware that LE was looking for him??? I wonder how much information we will get at the presser this afternoon? I haven't followed closely any other military missing/murdered soldiers so I have no idea what to expect.
JMO

Do you have a link for this info? I haven't heard that.
I will see if I can find the article where it said he was dressed in women's clothing.
I haven't seen anything though that certainly doesnt mean it didnt happen or that such an article doesnt exist- I just haven't seen one.

Perhaps they were advised or given orders not to speak publicly?

Personally, if I was a superior in her chain of command, particularly if I were male, I would not have wanted to put myself out there due to the sexual harassment claim and all of the rumors flying around about who it was and how far up the chain of command it went. Wouldn't want to have my name thrown in THAT hat if I could avoid it. Condolences can be sent/said privately as well; publicly in a news article or interview isn't the only way to go about that.

Perhaps someone from her chain of command will say something this afternoon at the press conference?
I asked because usually they keep in touch with families when something happens to their loved one. Because when it's all said and done the 1SG and Commander will be held responsible for what Robinson done. They are 'directly responsible' for the welfare of every single soldier under their command. Not like no ones doesn't know about the harassment. That was why I asked. They have SOP's for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895