TX - Police officer resigns after violent detention of teenage girl

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My response was not a defense of the cop but rather of the white woman who supposedly told the blacks to 'go back to section 8'. I think she most definitely had a right to be angry when a mob of unruly teens invaded her neighborhood...

Apparently that is not the case - only what you have heard so far.

Because the teens were attending an illegal party, ie one not sanctioned by the HOA. They were playing loud music that included obscenities in front of children. The parents were irate, needless to say and the kids were NOT listening. There are very much two sides to the story...just look at the Dallas newspaper for more.

galiuro, I don't understand 'an illegal party not sanctioned by the HOA' part. From what I read, if you live in THAT community, and it's THAT community's pool, you are allowed to bring 2 guests. If, let's say, 10 kids wanted to go to the pool and each brought 2 guests, that would be 30 kids. And there was a security guard there. I don't get the 'illegal party' thing. The police were not called because of any loud music or obscene adults, they were called because of the mob of kids from another area trying to crash a pool party and fighting

I also live in a community in which we have our own pool and the ppl of the community pay yearly for it. I can use it anytime I please (when it's open) and bring 2 guests. People outside the community that happen by are not allowed in because they are NOT paying for it and they would get kicked out.

Sorry if I'm not understanding your post.

Whatever happened at the pool, I'm very curious about how anyone might suggest that the way the police officer (who has now quit -- credit to him) treated that child was justified. That was pathological, dangerous behavior. That's the signature of a bully.

For those who might be defending or even celebrating him, I hope that nobody you know has ever had to face a bully, especially one in a position of authority.

I don't see race as even entering this discussion. It may be a factor, sure, but I think that it's fair to judge this just based on actions rather than ideologies.

:facepalm:This story represents everything that is wrong with American society. From the power tripping **** cops who have no respect for people's constitutional or civil rights, to the racist white residents, who think they are still living in the 1950s and can call the cops to remove black kids from the community (whites only) pool.

The United States is still as much a racist cesspool as it ever was. Some parts more so then others, notably Texas. :mad:

One of the officers does indicate to the higher ranked officer that he is a bit out of control imo by running up to him & grabbing his shoulder once he had pulled his weapon & pointed it towards the 2 male teens. The senior officer appears to angrily shake him off. Beginning at about 3:06 at first video link below:.

Yep, those cops definitely saved that kid's life. If it wasn't for their actions we would have another dead black kid, at the hands of a racist white police officer.

Something else - he's been in trouble before.

[video=twitter;608055003140509696]https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/608055003140509696[/video]

User Actions
Follow

Shaun King
‏@ShaunKing
Eric Casebolt was previously sued for racial discrimination, excessive force, & sexual assault http://heavy.com/news/2015/06/eric-...-pull-pants-down-federal-documents-dismissed/ …

This is what happens when Chiefs of Police and DA's continue to give cops a pass for unacceptable behavior - it escalates. Or do they all think the behavior is acceptable? How is that working for them? And how much is it costing the taxpayers?

:facepalm:This story represents everything that is wrong with American society. From the power tripping **** cops who have no respect for people's constitutional or civil rights, to the racist white residents, who think they are still living in the 1950s and can call the cops to remove black kids from the community (whites only) pool.

The United States is still as much a racist cesspool as it ever was. Some parts more so then others, notably Texas. :mad:

Whoa there cowgirl! Who said anything about a white's only pool? That community that you're using for racism is a 50-50 black white community that gets along fine. The poop disturbers from another area come by and started crap and suddenly is all about blacks vs whites???

And please stop painting ALL COPS with a behemoth wide brush - thank you.

Something else - he's been in trouble before.

[video=twitter;608055003140509696]https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/608055003140509696[/video]

User Actions
Follow

Shaun King
‏@ShaunKing
Eric Casebolt was previously sued for racial discrimination, excessive force, & sexual assault http://heavy.com/news/2015/06/eric-...-pull-pants-down-federal-documents-dismissed/ …

Why is anyone defending him?

This isn't about why LE were called to the community pool. This is about how one person abused his authority.

Does anyone here really want to hang their hat on what he did?

Does he come barreling (somersault) into the scene, or did he trip when he appears on the video? Looks like he may have tripped.

But, he's revved up, for sure imo.

It's a ninja roll. Personally I think he should have been drug tested. He looks to me like he was on something.

Whoa there cowgirl! Who said anything about a white's only pool? That community that you're using for racism is a 50-50 black white community that gets along fine. The poop disturbers from another area come by and started crap and suddenly is all about blacks vs whites???

And please stop painting ALL COPS with a behemoth wide brush - thank you.

BBM

Do you have a link for that?

One of the officers does indicate to the higher ranked officer that he is a bit out of control imo by running up to him & grabbing his shoulder once he had pulled his weapon & pointed it towards the 2 male teens. The senior officer appears to angrily shake him off.

Indeed. I wonder why they didn't place him under arrest right then, for felony assault. Or why he wasn't charged later for felony assault.

Perhaps that's why he quit.

It's a ninja roll. Personally I think he should have been drug tested. He looks to me like he was on something.

Don't cops get they can count on being filmed every minute of shift these days?

I've viewed that a few times, and I don't know what he tripped on, but I wonder if he just tripped on his own feet or had some unwanted traction from one of his shoes, and tripped (and actually reacted fairly gracefully). I could certainly imagine something like that, especially if he felt humiliated, as ramping up his aggression.

But I don't totally deny that a ninja roll is out of the question. The way he acted after that was if he was the only soldier sent into Normandy.

Because the teens were attending an illegal party, ie one not sanctioned by the HOA. They were playing loud music that included obscenities in front of children. The parents were irate, needless to say and the kids were NOT listening. There are very much two sides to the story...just look at the Dallas newspaper for more.

Please post a link to back up your misinformation.

Indeed. I wonder why they didn't place him under arrest right then, for felony assault. Or why he wasn't charged later for felony assault.

Perhaps that's why he quit.

I think he quit because he knew they were going to be disciplining him for his behavior. He resigns, can go apply to be an LE somewhere else, maybe collect some pension. Nothing will go on his official record, since he is no longer an employee there, right? Hope wherever he applies to does a very thorough background check.

I think he quit because he knew they were going to be disciplining him for his behavior. He resigns, can go apply to be an LE somewhere else, maybe collect some pension. Nothing will go on his official record, since he is no longer an employee there, right? Hope wherever he applies to does a very thorough background check.

JMO, but he probably had a job lined up before he quit. As in many crap tv shows, "You can't fire me because I quit!"

Jumping over a fence of a swimming pool, crashing a party, and ignoring the security guards request to leave is violating the civil rights of black people?

Do you have a reliable link for that?

BBM

Do you have a link for that?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/08/us/mckinney-texas-pool-video/

I'll see if I can dig up more.

Odd, the ppl interviewed by CNN that agree with the police are AA. Some that were interviewed were at the pool, also AA. I fail to see how this situation is a black/white racial thing.

Embry disagrees...
"Let me reiterate, the neighbors or the neighborhood did not call the police because this was an African-American party or whatever the situation is," he said. "This was not a racially motivated event -- at all. This whole thing is being blown completely out of proportion."

Do you have a link that this was a whites only pool and white residents? Of course not.

Who suggested that? This thread is titled "Texas police officer suspended after violent detention of teenagers."

The girl in the bikini, who was detained, said this herself. She said, in an interview with CNN, that a dozen teen boys jumped the fence, were not allowed inside the pool area, and the residents were angry because they thought the boys were with her. She also admitted to screaming profanities at the cops.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/08/us/mckinney-texas-pool-video/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member