GUILTY TX - Police stage murders to catch couple who hired hitman - Feb 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Would you know if there's a video of his testimony, especially in response to Ms. Knecht's questioning? TIA

Yes, there is on 'Wild about trial'. The whole trial is there. I think he starts testifying day 3 part 2 but they have labeled it. Before he begins testifying he has a big animated discussion with his two attorneys. They are all standing and his body language is as if he is their boss. I think they were trying to dissuade him from testifying. Then when everyone is ready and the Judge tells him to take the stand he says quite loudly -well I have to pee-I need to pee- the judge was not happy as everyone had been waiting for about ten minutes while he and his defense team decided what to do.

Thanks, steve. Spent the afternoon watching this fellow try and fail to hide his inner rage at prosecutors, defense counsel, you name it. His mother didn't even give him a second's look after her testimony.

What a piece of work.

Nvm realised date on post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday, March 26th:
*Penalty Phase begins (@ 9:30am) (Day 5) - TX - Victims: Meghan Verika (Leon's ex-GF) & Mack McDaniels (Valerie's ex) - Leon Phillip Jacob (39) - arrested (3/10/17) & charged with 2 counts of solicitation of capital murder (1st degree felony) and aggravated kidnapping. Pled not guilty; no bail.
His accomplice, Dr. Valerie Busick McDaniel (48) was also arrested and freed on $50K bail, jumped to her death from a 7th story building on 3/27/17. Hitman was paid $20K & 2 Cartier watches.
3/24/18 update: After 2 hours (approximately) Jurors found Leon Jacob GUILTY on both counts of Solicitation of Capital Murder. Jury recessing until Monday 9:30 a.m. for sentencing.

Interesting read thank you Niner. Just stumbled across late so all the posts were great to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is here - is it like 10 minutes to 9am there in Texas?

TIA!

I'm here Niner,
this is going to be interesting !!We
have about 15 minutes before it starts.

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
21 mins ago

#leonjacob back in court. Dressed in a blue suit, wearing glasses, talking to his attorney @KPRC2

7m7 minutes ago
#leonjacob sits in jury box. Waiting for jury and judge to arrive. His mother, Golda, along with his attorneys were speaking to him

2m2 minutes ago
Judge Jim Wallace is on the bench. We have moved from the large cermonial court down to a much smaller civil courtroom. For now, the civil courthouse handles both civil and criminal matters @KPRC2 #leonjacob

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
7m7 minutes ago

Deputy testifies he monitored phone calls made by #leonjacob from inside Harris County Jail @KPRC2

Kevin Quinn
‏Verified account @imkevinquinn
8m8 minutes ago

Back at #leonjacob trial. Punishment phase. We are streaming on http://abc13.com & our abc13 news app. #abc13

Stephanie Whitfield
‏Verified account @KHOUStephanie
4m4 minutes ago

First witness is A HCSO deputy who monitors jail inmate phone calls. In first call, #LeonJacob is heard saying he wants Bradley Cooper to play him in the TV movie. #khou11

Kevin Quinn
4m4 minutes ago

Prosecutor playing phone calls #leonjacob made from jail . Just told someone he wants Bradley Cooper to play him in the movie. #abc13

Kevin Quinn
1m1 minute ago

On phone from jail #leonjacob talking about @Imkaitlinmcculley on #abc13 and how she calls him every day. “She never lied. She never came here under false pretenses like other news crews.”

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
4m4 minutes ago

Prosectutor plays jailhouse recording of #leonjacob. Talks about a former TV reporter in Houston. Says she "wants to sleep with me" and that he reminds her of Valerie when she was younger. He also said something about knowing his wife is dead... @KPRC2

Stephanie Whitfield
4m4 minutes ago

Next jail phone call of #LeonJacob - he's talking about ABC 13 former reporter @KaitlinMcCulley. He says "I know I'm supposed to mourn [Valerie McDaniel] but she's cute. He claims she wants to sleep with him. #khou11

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
2m2 minutes ago

#leonjacob talking to his mother. Said he is frustrated that he was still in jail. She said that if he had listened to her back in February, he would not be in jail still @KPRC2

Law & Crime Network
‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork
2m2 minutes ago

#LeonJacob - On jailhouse call Jacob says @KaitlinMcCulley (abc 13 reporter) wants to sleep with him. "I know my wife is dead and I have to mourn her, this one's cute."

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
52s52 seconds ago

Phone call plays between #leonjacob and a former Houston TV reporter. He said she stood him up when she didn't come by jail to see him. She said she was assigned to cover flooding @KPRC2

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
13m13 minutes ago

#leonjacob says news magazines have been trying to talk with him. He thinks she should write a book. It could be "profitable" for her. Suggests a screen play and a "contract" with her @KPRC2

12 mins ago
#leonjacob says he will colloborate with her, work on a story. Wants to get bond and sit in a studio and record an interview for a network newsmagazine @KPRC2

8 mins ago
#leonjacob's mother says he has a big mouth and doesn't know when to shut it. She said what he was charged with was worse than if he'd done it himself @K

7 mins ago
#leonjacob says he fights for his life in jail. But tells caller that she can write a book when it's all over @KPRC2

6 mins ago
#leonjacob defense attempts to make point that an inmate can say anything they'd like on the phone @KPRC2

#leonjacob's mother says he has a big mouth and doesn't know when to shut it. She said what he was charged with was worse than if he'd done it himself @K

:laughing:

might be repeats...

Stephanie Whitfield
18m18 minutes ago

Next jail phone call: #LeonJacob is on the phone with reporter @KaitlinMcCulley. He's talking about all the TV networks who want to interview him #khou11

15 mins ago
Jail phone call: #LeonJacob tells @KaitlinMcCulley telling his story will likely advance her career. He suggests she write a book, but he wants to write up an legal agreement beforehand. #khou11

11 mins ago
Next jail phone call: It sounds like #LeonJacob is talking to his mother, Golda Jacob. She tells him to stop talking. Mom says, "you can't control yourself." She adds, "what you’ve been charged with is worse than if you had done it yourself." #khou11

8 mins ago
Defense now questioning HCSO deputy who monitors jail phone calls. Defense pointing out men and women are held separately in jail. "You can understand how someone would choose to flirt over the phone?" #LeonJacob #khou11

1 min ago
Verikas now talking about assault charge she filed against #LeonJacob for the first time. It started because Jacob said he "didn't like her face". She started packing, the 2 were screaming. She claims Leon grabbed her face, covering her mouth. She bit him to get away #khou11

brian rogers
‏Verified account @brianjrogers
9m9 minutes ago

Defense in #LeonJacob trial tries to re-direct after jurors hear Leon Jacob say he put two people in the hospital after being attacked in jail. "It was either me or them." Leon Jacob tells his mother in a jail call.

1 min ago
Meghan Verikas, Ex-girlfriend to #LeonJacob takes the stand in sentencing in his murder-for-hire trial, says "I have no sense of trust." https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...m_source=CMS Sharing Button&utm_medium=social … #HouCrime

Kevin Quinn
1m1 minute ago

Now on stand #leonjacob ex-GF Meghan Verikas, describing the night she says he assaulted her. “He put his hand over my face & told me to shut the **** up.” Hoping someone would call police. #abc13

DZOZFSJVQAACu1T.jpg

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
5m5 minutes ago

Verikas went to the home of #leonjacob's mother because she has no family in Houston @KPRC2

4 mins ago
Verikas says #leonjacob continuously tried to contact her after she left their apartment @KPRC2

3 mins ago
Verikas said when #leonjacob put his hands on her, that was the final act. She said she was afraid he would show up at the home where she was staying. It was the home of Jacob's brother @KPRC2

2 mins ago
Verikas said she hid in a closet so #leonjacob would not see her. She said she knew she needed to stay elsewhere. So she stayed at a hotel instead @KPRC2

2 mins ago
Verikas said #leonjacob stole the furniture that she bought @KPRC2 She said he used the furniture to try to get him to meet with her.

by the way all tweets from: https://twitter.com/hashtag/leonjacob?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
2m2 minutes ago

Verikas said #leonjacob had many people try to reach her at work. @KPRC2

Kevin Quinn
2m2 minutes ago

Verikas On #leonjacob coming after her after the alleged assault. She was at his relatives house hiding. He showed up screaming expletives at her. “ I was hiding in a closet ... to stay away from him. I was afraid what happened if he found me.” #abc13

Ryan Korsgard
‏ @KPRC2Ryan
1m1 minute ago

Verikas said #leonjacob created an email address to use after their relationship "leonlovesmeghan@....com" @KPRC2

1 min ago
Verikas says she alerted security at work #leonjacob @KPRC2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob