Identified! TX - Potter Co, WhtFem 55UFTX, 16-30, along hwy, Oct'83 - Bambi Dick

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully these interviews will set this case wide open!!!!!

Way to go Amarillo LE!!!!!!!!

Today's news article in the Amarillo paper says that investigators who went to Iowa are still trying to get information about boyfriend in Texas. Her friends said that she never mentioned a boyfriend. A few more acquaintances will be located and interviewed, but investigators don't plan to go back to Iowa.

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/053109/new_13553671.shtml

Thanks txsvicki! Disappointing, but at least they're keeping Bambi's story alive and seem determined! Just need that one break.

Sep 9, 2009 ... Amarillo.com - Relatives remember Bambi Dick at service 09/09/09.
www.amarillo.com/stories/090909/new_news1.shtml

Relatives remember Bambi Dick at service

By Janelle Stecklein
janelle.stecklein@amarillo.com Post a comment here

advert_h.gif

Family members, friends and police officers gather around the grave of Bambi Lynn Dick during her memorial service Tuesday at Memory Gardens Cemetary.

Bambi's nephew Patrick Eshelman, from left, and Bambi's brothers Paul and Forest Dick, grieve for her. Bambi Dick was found murdered in Amarillo in 1983.

Bambi Dick

ARTICLE TOOLS: Email Article | Print-Friendly Format
SHARE THIS STORY: .yahooBuzzBadge a span span { display:inline!important; top:auto!important; } http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz?targetUrl=http://www.amarillo.com/stories/090909/new_news1.shtml

It was a solemn ceremony Tuesday as a second memorial service was held for Amarillo's Jane Doe, this time with family alongside her grave site and with a headstone bearing her name, Bambi Lynn Dick. A bouquet of flowers decorated the grave as more than a dozen people, most of them law enforcement officers, crowded beneath a tent at Memory Gardens Cemetery to escape the summer heat. Bambi's two brothers and nephew sat shoulder-to-shoulder, alone in the front row weeping.

Rest of story at link.......Sep 9, 2009 ... Amarillo.com - Relatives remember Bambi Dick at service 09/09/09.
www.amarillo.com/stories/090909/new_news1.shtml -

If I was at a concert with my friend and it was the last time she was seen until her body was found I would be HAUNTED by it.....
It truly bothers me actually disturbs me that her friend's story changed. I hope the friend is being super cooperative because if not it really makes me skeptical that she is ignorant of what happened (so some degree)

JD 83 Amarillo Texas,I'm glad you finally have your name.Rest in peace Bambi.Fly Bambi fly.

This may or may not be connected to Bambi's disappearance. It is such a coincidence that I am posting it on her thread. It concerns the disappearance of Kimberly Doss.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly.html. She disappeared on Sept. 27, 1982. Bambi disappeared Sept.29,1983. A year and 2 days apart. They were almost the same age, weight and coloring. Even their front teeth were gapped.They look strikingly alike. Kim disappeared from the Davenport Iowa Greyhound station. Bambi was last seen at the Col ballroom in Davenport Iowa.<.... was she positively I.D.'d as being at the Col ballroom? or is that unsubstantiated?....> These two locations are 9 blocks apart. Kim was going to Texas. Bambi went to Texas. This maybe no more than a coincidence, but it is a very striking coincidence.

This is so sad. Bambi was from my hometown and I kind of remember hearing about this happening. I happy that the family finally has some degree of closure. RIP sweet girl.

Happy New Year Bambi.

Appreciating.
Snuf

27 years ago today, the body of an unidentified teenager was found in a field.
The mystery of who the unidentified girl was lingered for many years. She was never forgotten by many who never knew her in life, but only in death. She became a piece of each of us who looked for the mystery girl's true identity.

Bambi Lynn Dick- a sister, a friend, a daughter. We never knew you in life, but we knew you were more than just your death. Bambi Lynn Dick- a sister, a friend, a daughter.

May justice be done for you Bambi.

Hi everybody,
This is Paul, Bambi's brother,I whis I could tell everybody that her killer has been caught,but can not at this time,maybe someday. Her parents are still alive,I wish I could turn back time but can not,life goes on.I'm sure everybody knows that we had a memorial last year for her. Amarillo has been great with my family and my sister.I wish I could say more ,maybe the killer will have some remorse and turn themselfs in,but I don't think that will happen.
We Love and Miss You Bambi
Paul and Lorie Dick

Thank you for the update Paul. Your sister has not been forgotten and we will continue to pray her case receives the justice so rightfully deserved.

hugs and continued prayers,
Cubby

Happy New Year Bambi- Hoping for justice for you this year.

Thanks to CarlK for alerting me to this thread.
Doe network case # 55UFTX was identified as Bambi Dick and can be ruled out as Myra Manley.

HAPPY 45TH BIRTHDAY BAMBI . We think of you everyday. Our hearts hurt not having you with us. Mom and Dad , Paul and I and family, and Forest and his family all wish we could wrap our arms around you just one more time to tell you how much we love you. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Mom talks everyday of why her little girl was taken from her. I quess we'll never know for the police have been unable to solve this senseless murder. But someone out there knows what happen to you. They have had the ability of living for the past 27 years with their love ones while we lived not even knowing what happen to you for 26 years then finding you and knowing our beloved Bambi had been murdered and dumped in a ditch and buried with out us with her. There needs to be justice for Bambi. We need to know who did this and WHY. Who ever did this thou remember we as Bambi's family will never let this die. We will keep after the police in Amarillo, Texas to know we're still out here and we want her killer found. You will be found. When you do Bambi's family will be sitting in that court room to watch justice happen. You need to rout in jail. Please everyone who may read this. It would have been Bambi's 45th Birthday today if she was still with us. Please say a pray for her and her family. Everyday is hard for them not having her around. But her birthday is especially hard. Her parent's are 84 and miss this child so very much. Place them also in your prayers as they go through another birthday not having her here to hold and tell her they love her. Her whole family hurts today not being able to hold their Bambi and tell her they love her. Bambi we know you are there watching over all of us. We miss you so very much and love you with all our hearts. Happy 45th Birthday our little Angel. May you Rest in Peace. Dear God please hold Bambi in your arms till we can hold her again ourselves. We all Love you Bambi and miss you very much. As I write this the tears are flowing for our loss of you. We have so many wonderful memories thou of you and all the fun things we did together. That's what gets us through our days of not having you here with us. We remember all those wonderful fun times and it brings smiles to our faces. Bambi you are loved and missed by us all. God Bless you and keep you till we meet again. Thank You to all of the people out there who has kept Bambi and her family in their prayers. It has ment alot to us. Love Lorie & Paul ( Bambi's brother and sister-in-law)

HAPPY 45TH BIRTHDAY BAMBI . We think of you everyday. Our hearts hurt not having you with us. Mom and Dad , Paul and I and family, and Forest and his family all wish we could wrap our arms around you just one more time to tell you how much we love you. You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Mom talks everyday of why her little girl was taken from her. I quess we'll never know for the police have been unable to solve this senseless murder. But someone out there knows what happen to you. They have had the ability of living for the past 27 years with their love ones while we lived not even knowing what happen to you for 26 years then finding you and knowing our beloved Bambi had been murdered and dumped in a ditch and buried with out us with her. There needs to be justice for Bambi. We need to know who did this and WHY. Who ever did this thou remember we as Bambi's family will never let this die. We will keep after the police in Amarillo, Texas to know we're still out here and we want her killer found. You will be found. When you do Bambi's family will be sitting in that court room to watch justice happen. You need to rout in jail. Please everyone who may read this. It would have been Bambi's 45th Birthday today if she was still with us. Please say a pray for her and her family. Everyday is hard for them not having her around. But her birthday is especially hard. Her parent's are 84 and miss this child so very much. Place them also in your prayers as they go through another birthday not having her here to hold and tell her they love her. Her whole family hurts today not being able to hold their Bambi and tell her they love her. Bambi we know you are there watching over all of us. We miss you so very much and love you with all our hearts. Happy 45th Birthday our little Angel. May you Rest in Peace. Dear God please hold Bambi in your arms till we can hold her again ourselves. We all Love you Bambi and miss you very much. As I write this the tears are flowing for our loss of you. We have so many wonderful memories thou of you and all the fun things we did together. That's what gets us through our days of not having you here with us. We remember all those wonderful fun times and it brings smiles to our faces. Bambi you are loved and missed by us all. God Bless you and keep you till we meet again. Thank You to all of the people out there who has kept Bambi and her family in their prayers. It has ment alot to us. Love Lorie & Paul ( Bambi's brother and sister-in-law)

Thank you for sharing this with us-I cannot imagine your pain at knowing the person who hurt her is still roaming free. Let's hope that the new year brings renewed energy to the investigation and that Bambi will receive some measure of justice.

Peace...

Paul, I will pray for your family today as you remember Bambi's birthday, and I hope this will be the year someone is brought to justice for her murder.

If you find this thought comforting in anyway, I was thinking about the senior citizens group who paid for her memorial in 1983. Over the years most, if not all, of those good people have passed on, and I believe they are with Bambi in Heaven and are holding her close until your family is reunited someday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back