TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I have seen. With Mexican names the father's last name is first and the mother's last name is second. So, at one point her mother's last name was Reyes. Thus, all the children (her siblings) have a last name(s) of Peralta Reyes. Though in the US they often keep it to the father's last name which is why when you see her in her National Guard/Reserve/Army uniform the name tag on it says Peralta.
Thanks for explaining that!

The sister always knows....where the heck is this guy??

Investigators have not said why they believe she may have been there, but Reyes' sister revealed a possible link.

We do know that an ex-boyfriend lives there and her car was parked a block away from there,” Peralta said.

Peralta says the relationship ended badly and she reported that information to police.

Family, police continue search for missing Mesquite mother Prisma Reyes

Yes and no. She has a 2017 vehicle which may be paid for, but maybe not. If she has loan from the dealership, there will be a GPS tracker on the vehicle (same situation with Danniella Vian). Dealerships do this to protect their property. The GPS tracker in Vian's vehicle was disabled at the same time that she vanished. If Prisma decided to voluntarily disappear, she wouldn't get very far with a GPS tracker on her vehicle. This may be the reason that her vehicle was so easily located.

Not true. If you buy a car from a “tote the note” car lot there would be a gps tracker on the unit so they can locate it when you default on your monthly/weekly payment, that’s how they make money. You fail to pay and they repo and sell to another unsuspecting person. If you buy a car from a tradition dealership they have zero right to gps track your location, it’s actually very illegal to do so. If the vehicle is a 2017 it has UConnect which is the OnStar of jeeps, so they can access the info with a court order. We can’t be sure of the vehicle tracking system bc we have no idea how she obtained the 2017 wrangler.

Not true. If you buy a car from a “tote the note” car lot there would be a gps tracker on the unit so they can locate it when you default on your monthly/weekly payment, that’s how they make money. You fail to pay and they repo and sell to another unsuspecting person. If you buy a car from a tradition dealership they have zero right to gps track your location, it’s actually very illegal to do so. If the vehicle is a 2017 it has UConnect which is the OnStar of jeeps, so they can access the info with a court order. We can’t be sure of the vehicle tracking system bc we have no idea how she obtained the 2017 wrangler.

I'm just referencing the Danniella Vian GPS tracker discussion. The onstar GPS tracker was attached to her vehicle because she had a loan with the dealership. That GPS was disabled and both she and her vehicle vanished. The dealership provided information about her travels up to the point where the tracker was disabled. They reported the information in the news. Maybe that GPS tracker was exactly as you say, to repossess the vehicle if she missed a payment.

We don't know how Prisma purchased the 2017 vehicle, but we wondered how the vehicle was found so quickly. Now that we know an ex-boyfriend lived at the apartment, it's more likely that police tracked her to that location and then found her vehicle.

Just catching up after the holiday weekend. All good points. I thought about an ex-bf in the beginning but there was no reason nor anything to back it up. My reasoning was that it was an apartment building and I find it hard to believe she would blow off a job or not mention her whereabouts to her mother, work, etc. if she had lunch with a girlfriend; one goes to an apartment building to visit someone, there is not much other reason (although I also seeing an apartment for rent but again, why not come back, why blow off your job and why not tell your mother, sitter, etc.).

We have no indication I do not think of how long this person has been an ex-? If the family knew it ended badly then I can see her not telling them she went to see him (if she indeed went to see him willingly) because the family would perhaps be against it or perhaps she knew it was a bad choice to see him and did not want her family to know? Just speculation of course.

I agree on the timeline. Can there ever be a single case they can provide the public with an accurate timeline at least of the few timeline items they release to the public? I get holding things back to ensure someone with a tip is telling the truth, or someone they interview of interest, but we already know things are held back that can confirm that (like the full length of the video, who she was on the phone with, and more, so why not provide the accurate info on the little that they do release... sigh...

jmo.

dun dun dunnnnnnn
It would be helpful to know who ended the relationship. I'm with those who believe she looks drugged, rather than inebriated. I think someone slipped something in her drink without her knowledge. As the drug starts to wear off she tries to pull herself together to get back to work. I think the lanyard has her work i.d. and keys and her focus is finding her car, but she's looking down at her phone because she's too disoriented to remember where she parked and is checking a map. jmho

If this ex-boyfriend is involved, a big "IF", and they parted on "bad" or "tumultuous" terms, its possible that they had a roller coaster of a relationship that included lots of emotion - like a love/hate relationship. This is obviously just an opinion, but if they decided that lunch was a good idea, and a visit to his apartment was an even better idea, then drugs and history don't matter. Whatever happened between them that afternoon led to this. I'm curious whether it involves money, all hypothetical.

Agree. When I watched the video it appeared that she was under the influence of something strong. Many have speculated that she was drugged. That's certainly a possibility but it's more likely that if she was in fact on something... it was voluntary. There's only a few things that I've ever seen that have caused a devoted mom to 'leave' her child. Heavy narcotics is unfortunately one. I know there's no evidence that she was a past user but following cases for years... it fits IMHO. I think that's why she was at the apartment (to make a purchase) and I think she is either out on a bender or ODed somewhere. Hope I'm wrong.
that's exactly what I posted. lol. but yeah I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024