Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Hunter Davis KXXV

HELP: Private Dylan Pemberton has not been seen or heard from since Friday, March 22.

According to 3rd Cavalry Regiment Public Affairs Officer Cpt. Jason Welch, Pemberton, 23, missed his 6:30 a.m. training with his regiment sparking concern among leaders.

Pemberton's mother said she has done everything to find her son, but it has now been a week since his disappearance and at this point, she fears the worst.

"I just feel that something is wrong, that something is being missed. I just pray to god I am wrong."

upload_2019-3-30_4-13-3.jpeg

Officials: Fort Hood soldier reported missing; search underway

Hunter Davis KXXV

Dylan Pemberton

His mother said he is currently driving a silver Camry rental car with damage to one side. Officials: Fort Hood soldier reported missing; search underway I would assume he's not renting long term (that's REALLY expensive). If the damage was from a recent crash could he have had a head injury that was not diagnosed sufficiently?

Also, sometimes if you are in an accident then you're car insurance will pay for you to have a rental car while you're regular car is being fixed. It doesn't explain the damage on the rental car, but it could also be a source of possible head trauma.

Some additional information in this news article, March 29, 2019:

Fort Hood officials looking for missing soldier

[. . .] "I talked to him on Thursday night and he was at a friends house and he seemed in a normal mood and they were just chillin', having a good time," Pemberton's mother Kristin Niedzielski said. "He said he was just going to go back to chillin and he was going to talk to me later and I said OK and then I didn't hear from him Friday and I got the call from the staff sergeant that he didn't show up on Friday." [. . .]

"His car was in the shop getting some work done on it, he had a Camaro that is his baby and for him to leave that car is just not my son," Niedzielski said.

Pemberton's car was ready to be picked up on Tuesday, the same day his rental car was suppose to be turned in, but the soldier never showed up. [. . .]

So, this shop gave him a loaner Camry with body damage? What do his friends from that night say?
I certainly hope that LE is following up on that clue from Dylan's mother. Dylan's friend certainly needs to be questioned.

ETA: It has not been made clear if the damage to his rental vehicle occurred before or after his use of the rental vehicle.

I can't link it per the rules but if you google his name and "missing" there is a Army related (non-official) Facebook page that has a statement as to his being seen ON Friday. Hopefully, MSM can verify it so the details can be released here.

Not sure if geographically this is close:

Man’s body found in lake near Tool sent to Dallas for autopsy; investigation continues at scene
HENDERSON COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - Officials are conducting a death investigation after a body was found in Cedar Creek Lake.

According to the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office, they responded to the lake after the office received a call reporting a body had been found near Cherokee Trace, just out the Tool. They said the call reported the body was spotted near a dock off of Sampan Drive.

Henderson County Sheriff Botie Hillhouse reported deputies were able to quickly locate the body. Investigators were called to the scene and the office is currently conducting an death investigation.

While details are limited at this time, Hillhouse said the body appears to be male.

Hillhouse said it is still early in the investigation.

Man’s body found in lake near Tool sent to Dallas for autopsy; investigation continues at scene

I live about 45 minutes from Cherokee Trace. Love that place. But Fort Hood is still 3 1/2 hours from Cherokee Trace.

HENDERSON COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - Officials are conducting a death investigation after a body was found in Cedar Creek Lake.

According to the Henderson County Sheriff’s Office, they responded to the lake after the office received a call reporting a body had been found near Cherokee Trace, just out the Tool. They said the call reported the body was spotted near a dock off of Sampan Drive.

Henderson County Sheriff Botie Hillhouse reported deputies were able to quickly locate the body. Investigators were called to the scene and the office is currently conducting an death investigation.

While details are limited at this time, Hillhouse said the body appears to be male.

Hillhouse said it is still early in the investigation.

[/QUOTE]

For his Mom's sake, I am so happy to read this. But he's been gone over 30 days and he was picked up by authorities, he did not return to base. That means instead of AWOL he has legally met the grounds for desertion which means in addition to a dishonorable discharge, he could see forfeiture of all pay, and up to five years in jail. Failure to Report for Duty: Desertion, AWOL, and Other Charges - FindLaw Still, glad he is unharmed.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back