TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Me too. This is the one case that haunts me the most. I remember seeing it on tv not long after she disappeared (I am in Australia btw) and cannot believe that there has been nothing found.

Thinking of Rachel and her family.

I think about her a lot too, more than any other missing person. I think I some time think too much about her. I start associating things with her and strange things like that.

For example: I get to work about an hour early and usually sleep in my car. One day, I closed my eyes and was just about to fall asleep and I saw a necklace that was like a domino piece. I know it had a sun on it, kind of like a "aztec sun" and it was so strange because I have never seen one before and I have no idea as to where this would come from. But the first thing that I thought after I saw it was Rachel.

I am sure it is nothing, like a dream...but it is always on my mind and I think about it a lot. :confused:

Rachel's clothing description from her website -

Clothing Description: Green sports top, grey shorts, Asics shoes, and carrying a yellow Walkman

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/

I just watched the video again and now I am not sure though either!! It looks to me like it is just the sole of the shoe so it could really be any type with the rest eroded away.

Friday, September 1 through Sunday, September 10, 2006

Remains have been found in Lake Buchanan in western Burnet County. The remains were found inside a 55-gallon drum. The lake is less than 40 miles from where Rachel disappeared, so we are following the updates.

I am awaiting a call from the Williamson County Sheriff's Office to see if they have any updates on the remains. The news is reporting it may take two weeks for the lab to analyze the remains.

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/journal_sep2006.html

EdinburghLass said:
Friday, September 1 through Sunday, September 10, 2006

Remains have been found in Lake Buchanan in western Burnet County. The remains were found inside a 55-gallon drum. The lake is less than 40 miles from where Rachel disappeared, so we are following the updates.

I am awaiting a call from the Williamson County Sheriff's Office to see if they have any updates on the remains. The news is reporting it may take two weeks for the lab to analyze the remains.

http://www.rachelcookesearch.org/journal_sep2006.html
Did you see like glasses at one point. I thought the diver held up something like dark glasses. Oh the pain of waiting must be hard , for the Cooks. There are two others missing in the area though ......so there is always hope its not Rachel.
They will take their time with that DNA, even if they have some idea of who it is, by clothing or whatever. It is so slow...and the LE probably have an idea going by clothing etc.

I spoke to Robert tonight and he is doing fine. After this sort of thing happens a couple of times, you figure out how to deal with the waiting, at least enough to get you through each day.

LE is quite tight lipped about it, so he doesn't really know anything more than the rest of us. He is hoping they will at least be able to state the sex soon.

I don;t know whether to hope this is or is not Rachel.. if not there is still hope she could be found and yet if it is then at least there is some closure finally. My prayers are with the families of those missing at this moment.

As far as the evidence that has been collected from the drum and the bottom of the lake.. I believe it was said that it appeared that there was a sole of a shoe ( looks like a female due to the narrowness but not a running shoe), eyeglasses ( wonder if they could be sunglasses? ), and a wallet ( Rachel certainly would not have had a wallet with her while running at least I wouldn't think so).. these make me think its possibly that this is Shirley Cowan. One her missing poster it indicates that she wears glasses. She was building a house and it would make sense if she was there or at the RV park that she would be wearing close toed shoes.

Kelly said:
I spoke to Robert tonight and he is doing fine. After this sort of thing happens a couple of times, you figure out how to deal with the waiting, at least enough to get you through each day.

LE is quite tight lipped about it, so he doesn't really know anything more than the rest of us. He is hoping they will at least be able to state the sex soon.
Thank you Kelly for letting us know you talked with Robert. Everyone here has been so mixed with emotions. It is good to know that he is holding up well.
Hope you are fine also.......always thinking of Jason and praying for you.

If they found clothing and shoes I am sure they are able to identify the sex of the victim from that alone. I have been thinking about the Cooke family and hope they get answers soon.

Bumping for Mr. Cooke and Rachel.. He is a diehard, has fought from day 1. I look at the list of missing and my heart aches as it continues to get longer every day! So very sad and unbelievable, I just cannot believe that there are people out there that know nothing about these cases....God bless you and your family, Mr Cooke. I have to believe, God will reveal the truth one day..

I also think of Rachel too! My mind is surely stuck on the sheriffs officer who lived so CLOSE to their home as the most highly suspect person. Since another close neighbor and his wife pulled into their own driveway and SAW Rachel heading for her home THAT morning of her jog.

I am wondering IF Rachel jogged EACH morning, same time same route etc. I don't remember that detail.

I also wonder if HE was a patron of the cafe where Rachel worked.

WE had a case in Colorado many years ago. Single young pretty mother, with tiny child, worked several jobsDonut shop was the first job of each day then on.

EARLY AM in the winter darkness near Christmas time, headed to the local donut shop for prepping. Her home garage lights were left on and garage door left open with young baby sleeping inside the home, SHE and her car were gone.

Quite some time later her car was found in the town where I went to HS, about 45 miles from her home. Car was found parked in an alley and her body was inside with all of the wrapped Christmas gifts she had ready for Christmas.

A sheriffs officer was friendly with her, went to donut shop a lot and LIVED VERY VERY CLOSE to her home.

This man and his wife divorced several years later, and their teen age son committed suicide. My youngest daughter was friends with their little girl.

PROBLEM as I see it with so many unsolved cases, is that LE is overworked and not full of brilliantly trained detective skilled staff.

MONEY for most of the families is not sufficient to hire the VERY best of detectives. IF Rachel had been my daughter, and IF IF I had enough money to track that NEAR neighbor, I would still be watching him like a hawk. I also wonder if HE is still married, OR IF IF he is still an officer.

HE may have had good enough police skills to make Rachel disappear AND TO have gotten away with it.

I don't remember Rachels size, but IF IF the man had called her over to see something in his garage, or called to her and started visiting about her being home from college OR what was she studying etc. small talk, HOW little it might have taken to just slam her into his car trunk and left QUICKLY, to take her elsewhere.

As I recall the area they lived in was rather rural and WHO would have EVER heard her scream from the trunk on a rural road?

I hope the truth surfaces, as I do with JonBenet and all of the other beautiful women and children who just VANISH.

God be with them all.

bumping for rachel.

there was suposed to be an announcement this morning, on some kind of development with her case. has anyone heard?

Authorities will announce a "substantial development" in the case of a missing Williamson County woman at a hearing Thursday.

Rachel Cooke, who was 19 at the time, disappeared on Jan. 10, 2002, while jogging near her parents' home in Georgetown.
Her father, Robert Cooke, has said his daughter's cell phone records showed she made a call as early as 9:15 that morning. Neighbors saw her jogging in the area about 10:30 a.m.
http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/11/09/9cooke.html

oh sorry... i was thinking it was thursday. guess we will know tomorrow. i hope there can be some resolution... and my thoughts & good wishes are with her family, of course.

My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Cooke and his family today as they wait the news and after... Take care Mr Cooke and may God give you peace.

Am I possibly not reading this right? It indicates the announcement will be in court, that would lead me to believe someone may have been arrested? If I'm wrong please feel free to clue me in.. Normally, announcements wouldn't be made in a court room, I wouldn't think if it was a new lead, etc. It this point in time, think any new "news" can be good. This family needs some resolution or answers as well as all other families who have loved ones missing.. My heart aches so much for them.. :angel: I have to believe in my heart that God will somehow/someway make a difference in their lives for the pain they suffer with daily..

I have goosebumps this morning, I so hope they have found something of great importance.

In my heart I often think that when LE finds a person of interest that maybe the has done other crimes that led them to be discovered by LE.

I am anxiously awaiting this news with everyone else.

Wednesday afternoon, Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley stated in a news release that a "substantial development in the investigation" will be announced during a hearing before 368th District Court Judge Burt Carnes. The hearing will take place at 10 a.m. Officials said they would not release any other information until the hearing.
http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/110806kvueRachelCooke-cb.1a5d1fb1.html

Thars the way I read it too....WOW

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member