TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can’t find anything in the news more recent than from yesterday. Did they have the presser ? TIA

I'm really curious to find out why they think this is the same car. Must be because of who it was registered to at the time.

Sheriff Chody said the car is a white Pontiac TransAm. Found in DFW area. The day Rachel disappeared, this car was seen and he is hopeful there will be forensic evidence found inside. He is allowing media to take photos so we should be able to see it soon!
I don't recall anything about this car back then...does anyone else?

"Witnesses reported seeing the car traveling on Navajo Trail and turning south on Neches Trail that day, about 100 yards from Cooke’s home.

The last person to see Cooke was a neighbor who saw her walking on Neches Trail to cool down at the end of her run."

Rachel left for her daily 4-mile run sometime after her mother left for work, believed to be approximately 9:30 a.m. She was last seen between 11:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. near Neches Trail, which is just 100 to 200 yards from her family's residence.

Adds up.

From WS 2002
Jan 10, 2002 · "Witnesses told authorities that an unidentified male was driving a late-model white or blue Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Trans Am with white or black stripes along the hood and the trunk in the area"

Remember Michael Keith Moore? Wondering if this is his car.

"Convicted killer explains why he recanted confession in disappearance of Rachel Cooke.

By Chuck Lindell
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Saturday, June 16, 2007

The last time Michael Keith Moore surfaced in public, he was expected to admit to kidnapping and killing Rachel Cooke, whose 2002 disappearance still haunts her family and Williamson County."

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/will...may-be-linked-to-rachel-cooke-case/1119304679[FONT=&amp]

A vehicle impounded by the Williamson County Sheriff is tied to three or four persons of interest in the case of Rachel Cooke, the 19-year-old who went missing in 2002.

Mom speaks in the video ,
car in garage at Impound. (youTube linked video is my next post)

[/FONT]
attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Attachments

• 52F96582-CA38-4A45-A8C8-3A5C4F2CC498.jpg
    52F96582-CA38-4A45-A8C8-3A5C4F2CC498.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 538
I went back through some of the pages here, but can’t check them all right now,.If this had already been noted, I apologize. I wanted to find Rachel’s dad, who worked so hard to find his daughter. He came so close .....

RIP, Mr. Cooke ... may you be reunited with your precious daughter.
:rose: :rose:

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/lo...ger-rachel-cooke-dies/ot60O6Gnzpcix044t6mtRJ/

Her father spent the last 12 years of his life searching for her, friends and relatives said.
He died at age 59 at a nursing home of liver disease, which he contracted from an undetermined cause, his brother David Cooke said.
“He said more than once his one goal in life was to see Rachel found and brought back home before he died,” David Cooke said. “One of his wishes was that his funeral would be one last opportunity he would have to promote the awareness of missing persons, including Rachel.”

https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...een-rachel-cooke-dies/ILTXk9tNgMCFAf4CeowuPI/

Robert Cooke, the father of Rachel Cooke, died Wednesday in Austin. He was 59.

Robert Cooke was a software engineer who vowed that he would never stop looking for his missing daughter and gave presentations at missing persons conferences all over the county,

Does anyone have a link to this morning's presser?

Looks like they really have that car bundled up. Makes me think they have good reason to think they have something.

One of the news programs said that a convicted murderer made a startling confession about Cook's dissapearance. Anyone have info about that? I was unable to find anything.

Amazing that this car was found! Makes one wonder if LE had ever done a search through licensing records since Rachel disappeared? Of course, I imagine there are few cars of this model and year still on the road.

I can’t imagine that any evidence will be found after all these years. Just think how many times the proud owner(s) of this car has washed and cleaned this car?

Bet there is at least one person shaking in his boots since the announcement of finding this car!!

I pray that in some crevice there will be evidence to solve this mystery.

Looks like they really have that car bundled up. Makes me think they have good reason to think they have something.

One of the news programs said that a convicted murderer made a startling confession about Cook's dissapearance. Anyone have info about that? I was unable to find anything.

Michael Keith Moore...

https://www.mystatesman.com/news/lo...own-teen-dashed-again/URQRgxfjuy63qEdbGMO37I/

Also, if you pocast Ibiz? check out the Vanished episode 59.

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/1/3/episode-59-rachel-cooke

How on earth did the authorities find this car? Who had it, where was it found? I wonder if it was in storage all these years. Just a guess, but maybe it was stored for all these years and someone thought enough time had passed to sell it? I can't imagine it being driven all these years and police not recovering it sooner. Maybe a VIN number came up on a title transfer recently? Or maybe someone applied for plates for it after having expired plates for all these years? Will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Can someone explain what they mean by it's tied to 3 or 4 POI? Does that mean they think more than 1 person is involved in Rachel's disappearance? Glad to see movement in this case. It's one of the first ones I remember reading about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back