Description:
  • Date of Birth: October 17, 1953
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 7" (67 inches)
  • Weight: 135 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: Hazel
  • Nickname/Alias: Ricky, Tricky Rick
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Small scar on his forehead between his eyes. Has previously fractured his collarbone, his left arm above his wrist, and the middle joint of his right middle finger.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Unknown
  • Associated Vehicle: A green 1969 Chevrolet 210 pickup truck with a white top and a gold passenger side door and fender. The vehicle had the Texas license plate number HR3152.
  • Identifiers: Dental records, fingerprints and DNA available.
  • Other: Medical - Suffers from epilepsy and takes medication for it.
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Rhyne was last seen as he departed from his residence in Angleton, Texas on March 22, 1977. He was planning to stop at his place of employment in Freeport, Texas to determine if he still held his job. He has never been heard from again. He was driving his green 1969 Chevrolet 210 pickup truck at the time of his disappearance, which has never been located.

Rhyne's younger brother died in 1998. In his obituary, it was noted that Rhyne predeceased him. Authorities believe he may have been taken against his will. His case is unsolved and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Brazoria County Sheriff's Office: (979) 849-2441; (979) 864-2263
    Reference Case Number: 32283
  • Texas Department of Public Safety - Missing Persons Clearinghouse: (512) 424-5074; Helpline: (800) 346-3243
    Reference Case#: M8712001
NCIC Case Number: M-077615557
NamUs Case Number: MP9221
NCMEC Number: Unavailable

TxDPS Missing and Unidentified Persons Online Bulletin
1091DMTX - Richard Allen Rhyne
Richard Allen Rhyne – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

His ride, a peculiar green 1969 Chevrolet 210 pickup, stood out with its white crown and a singular gold door, as if hinting at a mystery yet to be unraveled. Its license plate, HR3152, seemed to echo a code waiting to be deciphered.

His ride, a peculiar green 1969 Chevrolet 210 pickup, stood out with its white crown and a singular gold door, as if hinting at a mystery yet to be unraveled. Its license plate, HR3152, seemed to echo a code waiting to be deciphered.
There's a very interesting comment here; johnrhyne5748 says: "Some of the details of Rick’s case seem to have changed somewhat from the day he drove away from home as I watched. Rick told me he was going to his place of employment off of FM 2004 which was a chemical transport company to pick up his check. According to the company, he never arrived. As far as I know Rick was always looking for better work but I wasn’t aware of any intentions of going into Freeport that particular day. Rick told me he would be back in about an hour. Unfortunately, Rick was acquainted with a number of people with criminal records and at the time he was dating a co-worker’s daughter. While the co-worker remained in town the girl conveniently disappeared for quite some time when Rick failed to return home. There is a great deal not known in this but neither I nor any of my family are able to believe an accident occurred. I would like to thank Adventures with Purpose for their efforts in trying to locate Rick. We miss him as much today as we did the day he left".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back