Found Deceased TX - Ricki Taylor, 46, Palestine, 21 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

[h=1]Body of missing Palestine woman found in Houston County[/h]
On the night of Friday, June 23, Detectives from the Palestine Police Department located the body of Ricki Taylor, 46, in a remote location in Houston County. Taylor was reported missing on Thursday, June 22.

Taylor’s body has been transported to Dallas for an autopsy. A cause of death has not officially been determined. Ms. Taylor's family has been notified.

Quoting from the link above.

RIP Ricki :rose:

It's gotta be a homicide. And immediately after leaving her dad, someone must have been watching/following, waiting for an opportunity.

It's gotta be a homicide. And immediately after leaving her dad, someone must have been watching/following, waiting for an opportunity.

Agree. Her family immediate thought she was abducted after they saw her car :(

I wonder why they thought that?

[h=1]Missing Palestine woman's body found in Houston County[/h]
594d8ac4c1e12.image.jpg

Details about the discovery of Taylor's body are limited while the investigation of her death continues over the weekend. Police said information will be released when possible.

Taylor's body has been sent to Dallas for an autopsy. The cause of death is undetermined at this time. Her family has been notified.

Detectives are still looking for information about Taylor's death.
http://www.palestineherald.com/news...cle_e85d801e-5906-11e7-8f4c-3b7ed6c4111f.html

I wonder who found her. A property owner? A searcher? Did they have reason to suspect she was in Houston County? Who lives there? I don't think this was a random crime of opportunity. It wasn't a stranger. IMO

I wonder who found her. A property owner? A searcher? Did they have reason to suspect she was in Houston County? Who lives there? I don't think this was a random crime of opportunity. It wasn't a stranger. IMO

IDK, but they are keeping the details of the location she was found quiet for a reason, IMO.

Police continue search for missing woman:They want tips but urge public not to look

Ricki Deann Taylor went missing at about 8 p.m. Wednesday, family members reported. She was moving personal items from her house in Palestine to a storage building near Colorado and Magnolia streets in central Palestine.

Taylor was last seen leaving the storage building in her truck. She was with her father when she left the building, said Amanda Farris, Taylor's 22-year-old daughter.

http://palestineherald.com/news/pol...cle_c0301cc4-585b-11e7-9870-1f2d4419410c.html

I wonder if police had found her already when they asked people not to search? They found her Friday but didn't ID her or didn't tell the public until today. Maybe they were hoping for tips and buying time to build a case against a suspect? I hope they know who did this.

Manner of death is homicide: http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Breaki...irmed-as-homicide-for-missing-palestine-woman

Palestine resident Ricki Deann Taylor was killed by a gunshot wound to the head in a homicide on Friday, according to a cause of death report from the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences at Dallas. An autopsy was performed.

Ms. Taylor's body was found in an undisclosed location in Houston County on Friday night. Police declined to release details about where her body was found or what condition it was in, but requested that anyone with information about her disappearance come forward.

Sad that there is not more news coverage about Ricki's case.

sad but perhaps understandable given the profile of a few folks she was close to maybe?

As I'm reading comments under an article on Facebook, anything about her law enforcement boyfriend/husband? was vanishing as I scrolled. Very interesting that. Not saying anything at all either way but wow.

Where was she moving to? Was she moving in with her father? She has some grown children but also a 12 year old son.😞. Breaks my heart. This woman had a lovely smile. I'm so sad that she was taken from her family and friends. No mad!!😡

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Manner of death is homicide: http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Breaki...irmed-as-homicide-for-missing-palestine-woman

Palestine resident Ricki Deann Taylor was killed by a gunshot wound to the head in a homicide on Friday, according to a cause of death report from the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences at Dallas. An autopsy was performed.

Ms. Taylor's body was found in an undisclosed location in Houston County on Friday night. Police declined to release details about where her body was found or what condition it was in, but requested that anyone with information about her disappearance come forward.

Robbery?

I'm not following.... ??

well, hmmm, being careful here but... see the post directly below mine and above yours. Gently, she is connected to people who are of a certain profile that may or may not have something to do with the lack of information.

well, hmmm, being careful here but... see the post directly below mine and above yours. Gently, she is connected to people who are of a certain profile that may or may not have something to do with the lack of information.

Oh, okay. Gotcha. Makes sense.

So she was possibly forced off the road, then probably forced into another vehicle, brought elsewhere and shot in the head?

Beautiful woman. She must have been so terrified. RIP Ricki.

Tragic, Sad, and so odd... Events reported, all seems rather coincidental for random act IMO, but not many actual facts out there released. They found the body rather quickly for the very remote location it was. Looks like an hour away from original scene in the middle of no where, and indicates that detectives found her. Too far out for a standard search party to stumble on.... cell phone data? Land ownership/connection to probable suspects? Tip of unusual activity down a country road- but there's only about 5 house on that reported road within 10 miles.

The park area a family member reported they found her truck that "looked like it had been forced off the road". Was a fairly populated residential neighborhood and suspected time is about 8pm. That's plenty of day light left and surprising if no one heard and saw some of the altercation.

. I live between Elkhart and Crockett and it IS very remote. I think somebody that knew the murderer "dropped a dime" on him/her and led LE to where her body was dumped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back