GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't get a chance to see the news last night. I'm confused as well. :confused: How could they rule out the Ohio/Spring baby already? If they know she's not Baby Grace, then where is she????

I'm not counting this out yet. The mother's story doesn't hold up with me and if she doesn't have her and the bio father doesn't have her, then who does?

Texana, I agree completely agree with your scenario. Especially given the area where she was found and the fact that we don't have any high profile missing children in our area that match her description.

It's so sad to think that there are children out there everywhere that are "under the radar" so to speak. :(

Here's a little more information about the mother in this article: She's nineteen, newly married, and two months pregnant:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=5777245

If Baby Spring was taken by the father, why would he then alert authorities that "Baby Grace" looked like his daughter? He has voluntarily given DNA samples. The mother has not yet.

Maybe there is another person involved in the custody battle such as a former boyfriend but it certainly sounds odd to me.

Seems like an awfully good chance, doesn't it? And Tuttoilmondo said on CNN today, they had 16y investigators working on "Baby Grace" fulltime now. He said they had about 120 serious leads they were following up on, and in some cases they had "reunited families."

So some of the children are just with estranged family, not "missing." But it is sad to think of so many children that a family member would immediately be concerned about--and those are just the children who look like Baby Grace--

The 19 year old mother refuses to talk about where her daughter is or what happened the day she was supposedly taken. She said a person posing as an Ohio CPS worker threw her to the ground and took her daughter. She did not report her daughter missing to any authorities in the area.

If there was someone else involved in the custody dispute--like another boyfriend--they would most likely just take the child themselves, not follow her from Ohio and find someone else to pretend to be a CPS worker. Sounds a bit elaborate to me to be real--and same for the bio father. Why would he report her as missing if he was the one who took her?

The whole story smells worse than crab bait!

Thanks for the link Indigo. I really feel like this is her.

Many prayers for Baby Riley - wherever she may be. :(

Can someone help clarify for me? If I understood yesterday's posts, LE had ruled OUT Baby Spring/Riley Sawyers... (""This is not Baby Grace," Tuttoilmondo said of the Spring girl. "I'm not going to get into the quality of the lead, but it's something we've got to look at.")

But in today's article (and thank you, Texana, for providing the link!) he seems to be talking about waiting for the DNA results from Robert Sawyer while pursuing other leads.... Can anyone help?

I was wondering, if they have ruled her out without DNA results- is there a possibility that she is in the custody of child protective services in TX, and this info can not be released to the general public?? Perhaps mom wanted to keep that secret because of the custody issues? (Not a good excuse anyway, but maybe...) Maybe I'm just hoping so hard that little Riley is alive and ok....

Here is a pic of Riley with longer hair (center)
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
http://www.dreamindemon.com/2007/11/21/baby-grace-riley-ann-sawyers/

I think the comment about ruling Riley out was a misquote, because all the subsequent stories included her as a possibility. I think it was more of an emphasis on not ruling out the others, which was what Major Tuttoilmondo (gosh, I wish his name was Smith) emphasized on CNN this morning.

It sounded like they had ruled her out, but again, the other later comments all seemed to include her.

Thanks for the pic!

I finally figured out what was bugging me about the Baby Grace rendering--she has no bangs. Most little girls that age have bangs--much easier than trying to keep the hair out of their faces at that age--It's a silly thing, but it just nagging at me, what looked so "old" and not quite right about her face.

It's funny the things that will bother you.

Somebody is not sleeping well tonight, I am sure, with all the new focus and DNA testing being done.

I'm so worried about what happened to Riley... That idiotic story her mom told.... where the heck is she...? I'm almost hoping she is Baby Grace, because otherwise there will be yet another precious child missing... Of course I really hope she's alive and well, but does that make sense, what I said?

Sadly enough it does make since.

The Chronicle story headline implied the DNA results would be in soon.

They can rule out some matches early on, so hopefully, we will not have to wait too long to have a match. I do not believe that none of the suspect cases will be involved.

I think it's Riley. The teeth are the same. The chin, the cheek structure/bone structure is exactly the same. May this angel rest in peace and whomever did this to her rot in hell.

The teeth have me absolutely convinced. The spacing and everything is exactly the same.

Sadly, I think Baby Grace is Riley, too. Everything fits. :( I wonder if Mom's new boyfriend did this and Mom is covering for him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smcox01
Back