GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here we are again at such a sad place, prayers to everyone involved..
Noone can hurt Riley again, she is now in the arms of the angels.
angwelcome.jpg

Thank God Texas has the Death Penalty - and uses it. I'd like to see some of the opponents defend this pair and explain why they should be allowed to live if they did this.

And with any luck, the Supreme Court won't be intervening in this case.

If the stepfather, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, as reported in some stories, is a member of the LDS church, and did attempt suicide this weekend, then perhaps he does adhere to the "blood atonement" philosophy of some LDS churches. Spring, Texas, where Zeigler is from, is just minutes from the beautiful LDS temple in Champions Forest/Houston, (northwest Houston, actually.)

"Blood Atonement" is basically the belief that Jesus did not atone for all sins, that some require the "blood atonement" of death of the sinner. Here's a related murder/case from Houston: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/content/mobile/0,5223,695230727,00.html

I think it's interesting that Zeigler seems to already be enacting this on himself.

It is rare that child abuse killers get the death penalty in Texas, but dumping little Riley's body in such a fashion might be enough to convince the jury.

I wonder which county will get jurisdiction for the trial.

I have a theory about the danger of step-fathers and boyfriends which I posted on another thread which I think applies somewhat here, except that the mother here actually appeared to have joined in on the murder of her own little baby. The fact that she maybe pregnant supports my theory that some humans are like those in the animal world in which the new mate may seek to kill off the prior offspring to make way for his own DNA. But what of such a "mother" who can destroy her own and then live with the body for months and then create a new life? Too many "mothers" seem to value having a man in their life so much more than their own babies. I don't know how to fix such monsters or prevent them from harming their children or allowing their children to be harmed. But my dad had a great idea for some retribution. There was a case of a dog who had had puppies. The owner took the puppies and buried them alive while the mother was tied. The mother dog wailed and scratched and yanked for hours until she managed to pull herself from her chain and dug to try to save her babies. My dad said that a recording of the wails of that mother dog as she tried to save her babies should be played every day in the jail cells of the monster mothers such as baby Riley's. Every day, Riley's "mother" (or Susan Smith or precious Doe's mom, etc) would be forced to hear that sound and every day a guard should stop in front of the cell and say, "Do you hear that lady? Do you hear that sound? THAT IS A MOTHER. That DOG is more of a mother than you ever were. See if you can learn from a dog what your own humaness could never teach you."
With all the accidents and illnesses that can cause us pain in life, I'm really tired of having my heart broken over such preventable horrors. I feel so helpless.

I am just so saddened and sickened by this.

I guess the mother cut a deal and gave her story first. She couldn't save her little girl but she's going to saver herself.

:furious:

What a horrifying scenario and I don't know what is worse, when something like this happens to a child who has never known love, or it happens to a child like Riley who had people in her life who loved and cherished her...

I have to take a break, too.

"save" her little girl? her and her boyfriend did it!! i am so fed up with people, you know it!!

Here is another link.

CNN said:
Police: Mother describes beating of 2-year-old, hiding her body

(CNN) -- Before dying, 2-year-old Riley Ann Sawyers was beaten with belts, picked up by her hair, thrown across the room and held under water, according to an affidavit from the Galveston County Sheriff's Office.

The affidavit says the girl's mother, Kimberly Dawn Trenor, described to police how her daughter died and was put in a plastic storage box that Trenor and her husband, Royce Zeigler, later dumped into a Galveston waterway.
Trenor told police Zeigler tried to commit suicide the weekend before Thanksgiving, and wrote a note that said, "My wife is innocent of the sins that I committed."

If Zeigler is trying to atone, than it suspiciously coincides with being caught-I am one with the other posters who stated this previously. This was not an impulsive act-this took place over a period of time which in no way is going to appear to be manslaughter or second degree murder. The parents then callously let her die of her injuries rather than calling for help-there is nothing in their actions that is going to recommend leniency. I hope they plead guilty to first degree if they are concerned about their souls...let them take their chances with a judge.

Yes, it's kind of interesting that Zeigler tried to commit suicide just as all the news articles were talking about the possibility "Baby Grace" might be Riley Ann. He should be depressed all right. :furious:

Here are some more details, especially about the cover-up attempt:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5327597.html

We just drove by the Wal-Mart where they purchased all the stuff, this past week for Thanksgiving. It's a big one and has lots of customer traffic as well as being next to a major thoroughfare, so they probably knew they wouldn't be noticed.

I did want to point out that all the news reports said that "Baby Grace" had been dead at least two weeks when found--but they did not specify more than that.

Has anyone been able to find a myspace page for this monsters? I'm curious to see whats on it and if she has any pictures of little Riley...

I absolutely appreciate the link to the affidavit containing the unedited version of events-I somehow suspect that there is something left out...what are the chances this sweet baby was truly sexually abused by Mr. Zeigler II?

I absolutely appreciate the link to the affidavit containing the unedited version of events-I somehow suspect that there is something left out...what are the chances this sweet baby was truly sexually abused by Mr. Zeigler II?

I was thinking the same thing, believe. They could have invented any story...why that one? I'm so sick and sad and fed up with these monsters. Yet, I can't seem to tear myself away.

My husband saw me crying about Riley yesterday and asked me why I continue to do this. All I could say is that someday a child might be saved from what we learn. At the very least, maybe we'll find a clue that will put one of these monsters behind bars where they belong so they can't hurt another child. I told him that somebody has to "get down in the dirt" with these children and not turn away from their suffering.

So, I'm going to take a few deep breaths and continue on. According to the investigators who worked on Riley's case, there are 22 missing girls who still need our help. If we can do the same thing for them that we did in this case, maybe these little ones can be reunited with their families before another tragedy occurs.

I'm reading through all the new posts and updates and I truly don't know what to say. It's worse this morning. I'm scared of what else may come out.

I went to bed last night thinking of Riley and woke up this morning with her still on my mind. God Bless you baby.

I will never ever begin to comprehend how someone can do this to a child.

Good for you Indigo-I feel that we have a mission as well. We are not wasting tears, energy and time...we need to participate in a strategy that will change the system. We need to prove that these lost, tortured and abused little lovelies have value and that even strangers care enough to search for them and fight for them.

Texana, I'm curious also to see which county gets this case. I'm assuming we won't find that out or hear all the charges until the DNA is confirmed? :confused:

Good for you Indigo-I feel that we have a mission as well. We are not wasting tears, energy and time...we need to participate in a strategy that will change the system. We need to prove that these lost, tortured and abused little lovelies have value and that even strangers care enough to search for them and fight for them.

Excellent post! :clap: :clap:

So many heartwarming posts here this morning.

Yeah. But God is supposed to be omniscient (sp). If he wanted to, he could stop it.

:(

There is thousands of years of debates in that statement. For me free will is the closest thing I see to being made in an image of God. Our world and our lives are to do with what we will-God is the promise of unconditional love whatever path we take. I believe that if you invest your energy in evil deeds, you will pay the price and when you die the playing field is leveled, and you start over again. And you get a chance at restitution. It is how I get through things like this-all my life I have seen payback happen. I believe firmly in it-the suffering that happens is our only incentive to change the world...without suffering how would we be compelled to right wrongs? Anyway, this is my opinion and a snippit of how I get through the day...

Texana, I'm curious also to see which county gets this case. I'm assuming we won't find that out or hear all the charges until the DNA is confirmed? :confused:

I think it's going to be Galveston since that is the county on the affidavit for arrest. And the Galveston County sheriff's office has done a great job with unbelievable effort and passion to bring these two to justice for "Baby Grace."

Harris County has a lot more experience in high profile cases but the only difference I can see is that Galveston County might not go for the death penalty as Harris County surely would.

This is truly heartbreaking. I saw the ticker on CNN and wasn't going to read it, but I did. I am overwhelmed and sick to my stomach about what this child endured. I will never ever understand this. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howellsy
Back