TX TX - Rockdale, Wht/HispFem 12-16, 542UFTX, Spina Bifida, poss abnormal posture or walk, Nov'86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personally, I don't think she was reported missing. I think she could have been a runaway or homeless teen who was intercepted long after her disappearance. It doesn't look as if she was really looked out for or supervised much, especially with her being so young.

Refreshing the thread...

@John/Jane Doe, thank you for bringing our attention back to these 2 cases.

After re-reading the details given ( on both Milam County Jane Doe & missing child Martha Jean Lambert) my heart weeps for these girls.

Both children, if indeed they are not one & the same, experienced neglect & sadness during their short lives.

Although over 1000 miles between missing & found locations, I suppose it’s quite possible that Martha Jean could have been exploited/trafficked?!

It’s possible she was ‘sold’ by the brother for $20 & guilt led him to confess, to killing her 14 years later. Perhaps in his mind “ accidental death” was less awful than the alternative scenario. Very odd that her body was not found in the place he said he buried her.

From a medical perspective…worthy of note is that lesser degrees of spina bífida may not be apparent or symptomatic throughout life ( particularly in a neglected child)

It’s also possible that the vertebrae in Milam County Doe’s case had just “not yet fused” due to her age at death.

[ Taken from UK website Types of spina bifida

“Spina bifida occulta (SBO)“ occurs very commonly, affecting an estimated 8-15% of adults. In the UK, this means between 5-10 million people may have one or more vertebrae incompletely closed. In children, this finding is even more common. The vertebrae close later in some children than others until bone growth is complete, by around age 16-18. One study found an open vertebra in 41% of children, so this may be considered a variation rather than a condition, with closure of the vertebral arch completing in some children later than others. Most people will remain unaware of it, or it may be discovered as a chance finding during tests for unrelated conditions, or after accidents”]​

Also of note, birthmarks may be associated with spina bífida occulta, though this is a birthmark over the affected area of the spine, not the areas mentioned in Martha Jean’s case.

If Martha Jean Lambert has not been already ruled out, please submit her name.

And thank you @John/Jane Doe, once again for continuing to care & devote time to finding answers for these long unidentified & missing youngsters.

Last edited:
9 November 1986, The Cameron Herald, pg 1
1677661690194.png

"the cause of death was cranial-cerebral injuries, the woman being hit 3-5 times with a blunt instrument, possibly with the butt of a gun or a ball-peen hammer." I can't find the earlier article I was looking at but it was also reported she was found with a shot to the back of the head.

"the woman was thought to be white or light-complexed Hispanic."

"the woman was probably killed between Oct. 19 and Oct. 25 [1986]."

"The nude and badly decomposed body was found...face down in a ditch near Highway 77, about six miles south of Rockdale, near Yegua Creek." - I'm guessing the body was found about here.

30 November 1986, The Cameron Herald, pg 6
1677661730006.png

"Her hair was about 12" in length." This would fall about mid shoulder.

Could this be Angelica Maria Longoria? She went missing in 1985 in California. The police originally thought she was an endangered runaway, which could explain the timelapse. Problem is, she was really tiny; she was about six inches to one foot shorter (she could potentially be barely 4 feet tall) than the Jane Doe, but all of her other stats match up. I sort of feel that there isn't enough information on her to list spina bifida as a medical condition.

I believe Angela's height has been updated - She's listed at 5'0"-5'2" and 95-105 pounds, so both her height and weight match.

Angela Renae Ambrocio - MP5664
1677663606065.png1677663622098.png1677663637238.png

@John/Jane Doe, thank you for bringing our attention back to these 2 cases.

After re-reading the details given ( on both Milam County Jane Doe & missing child Martha Jean Lambert) my heart weeps for these girls.

Both children, if indeed they are not one & the same, experienced neglect & sadness during their short lives.

Although over 1000 miles between missing & found locations, I suppose it’s quite possible that Martha Jean could have been exploited/trafficked?!

It’s possible she was ‘sold’ by the brother for $20 & guilt led him to confess, to killing her 14 years later. Perhaps in his mind “ accidental death” was less awful than the alternative scenario. Very odd that her body was not found in the place he said he buried her.

From a medical perspective…worthy of note is that lesser degrees of spina bífida may not be apparent or symptomatic throughout life ( particularly in a neglected child)

It’s also possible that the vertebrae in Milam County Doe’s case had just “not yet fused” due to her age at death.

[ Taken from UK website Types of spina bifida

“Spina bifida occulta (SBO)“ occurs very commonly, affecting an estimated 8-15% of adults. In the UK, this means between 5-10 million people may have one or more vertebrae incompletely closed. In children, this finding is even more common. The vertebrae close later in some children than others until bone growth is complete, by around age 16-18. One study found an open vertebra in 41% of children, so this may be considered a variation rather than a condition, with closure of the vertebral arch completing in some children later than others. Most people will remain unaware of it, or it may be discovered as a chance finding during tests for unrelated conditions, or after accidents”]​

Also of note, birthmarks may be associated with spina bífida occulta, though this is a birthmark over the affected area of the spine, not the areas mentioned in Martha Jean’s case.

If Martha Jean Lambert has not been already ruled out, please submit her name.

And thank you @John/Jane Doe, once again for continuing to care & devote time to finding answers for these long unidentified & missing youngsters.
Martha’s brother is not responsible for whatever happened to her. This was not the work of an inexperienced teenager. If David did kill or harm Martha, chances are something would’ve surfaced by now.

If she was ever on that college, she would’ve been found when people went there to take photos of the old ruins or the literal police who would go to that abandoned property to file paperwork/target practice (got this info from someone who worked on the case in 1985).

Whatever happened to Martha was far worse than some freak accident and I wish people wouldn’t focus on her brother so much. He’s mentally ill and after speaking with multiple people who personally knew him, he was the type of person to say things that others liked to hear. He later admitted to telling the police what they wanted to hear.

Martha’s case has never been a major priority. It was classified as a runaway situation for quite some time and then after they labeled it a cold case abduction/possible homicide. They’ve also closed and reopened the case more times than I can count.

The case was reopened in April 2022 and a new detective was assigned. He was very nice at first but now he ignores me as does anyone else on the police force who knows this case. It’s really sad that the disappearance and very likely abduction of a twelve year old girl is still being treated this way.

If this deceased girl is Martha, the connection would not have been made back then chances are. The police had tunnel vision and only focused on her brother as a scapegoat. They are no closer to solving this case than they were on the night she was abducted.

That's oddly specific. I wonder what led to that conclusion.
Yes, I agree. It would be helpful LE explained it. I can only guess LE talked to people who worked with her on the fields. Maybe she had false documents on her pointing to her being an immigrant. Isotopes? In a post from 2007 they are talking about DNA. Maybe they know more now. Not the impoverished part and where she worked of course. All of it combined?

Yes, I agree. It would be helpful LE explained it. I can only guess LE talked to people who worked with her on the fields. Maybe she had false documents on her pointing to her being an immigrant. Isotopes? In a post from 2007 they are talking about DNA. Maybe they know more now. Not the impoverished part and where she worked of course. All of it combined?
@Bit of hope I wholly agree with you. Possibly false documents but I don’t see anything in her description that shows she had any documentation on her, false or legitimate. Maybe with the DNA they found out where her ancestors came from and drew conclusions?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patienceiam
Back