GUILTY TX - Ronald Shumway, 57, found buried at his Dallas home, 23 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
sometimes the ppl who deal w ppl all day and seem the happiest are the loneliest ones :( poor RS.

The reason this case haunts me so much is because Ron was my bus driver 3 years ago. He was always very nice to me -- smiling, saying hello, making sure I didn't step in mud or get splashed when it was raining, etc. I had no idea he was gay.

When a title company handles a transaction the lien is paid with proceeds from the sale, before money is given to the seller. They pay the lien with the money before it's released to the seller. If it wasn't done this way anyone with a lien could sell their home and just take all the money and not pay the lien.

So am I correct thinking trouble tenant, Drifter, and the one person RS listed as his family member, are all the same person?

So am I correct thinking trouble tenant, Drifter, and the one person RS listed as his family member, are all the same person?

The trouble tenant and the drifter I believe are the same person. I didnt see who he listed as his family member tho... I did notice a picture of my old neighbor that he posted on January 2nd doing multiple poses.

The trouble tenant and the drifter I believe are the same person. I didnt see who he listed as his family member tho... I did notice a picture of my old neighbor that he posted on January 2nd doing multiple poses.

He was previously in his younger years a hair dresser and stylist?
I was confused to the person I found but I think it's the same. one.
How very sad.
Mental illness can really REALLY kill people in the end...
(Shumway has only one person listed as a family member. It's greyed out, but said Christian Colbert)

How very sad.
(Shumway has only one person listed as a family member. It's greyed out, but said Christian

Look on Ron's and Christian's Facebook pages. Ron and Christian became friends in July 2014.

I got a phone call back today from my old neighbor, the guy who lived downstairs consistently. CC has been in contact and has already been questioned apparently and released.

Glad your old neighbor is okay, too. I was a bit worried for him when you said he wasn't answering his phone.

Wait. Wait. CC was questioned and released?!?!? He isn't the impersonator who stole the house???

Look on Ron's and Christian's Facebook pages. Ron and Christian became friends in July 2014.
How are you seeing this stuff? I can't find a FB page for Christian and there is only one post showing on Ron's page from July 2014.

This is what I have been told. Questioned and released, told they would contact him if they needed anything else.

Thanks for giving us an update on your former consistent neighbor. I was also worried about him. Very strange that they let CC go after questioning. Maybe they are gathering proof before making an arrest.

he created jewelery out of found items too.

How very sad.
(Shumway has only one person listed as a family member. It's greyed out, but said Christian Colbert)

that is what he told consistent old neighbor though... cc is drifter, correct?

I got a phone call back today from my old neighbor, the guy who lived downstairs consistently. CC has been in contact and has already been questioned apparently and released.

Mrs. Snodgrass,

I don't know what to make of this. How sure are you that this is accurate?

First, "CC" has an outstanding warrant out of Dallas County from November 9, 2015 for fare evasion. It's possible that they aren't going to go after him for that, but will just pick him up next time he gets caught, but still, there's the warrant.

Second, since we haven't got the body identified yet we don't know for sure that Ronald was murdered and is not actually the murderer of a third person. I think that's unlikely but it is possible.

Third, then CC wasn't the one who impersonated Ron to sell the house?!? Then who was?!? I mean, we know somebody impersonated Ron at the house sale, and forged Ron's signature. Can't the police show CC's picture to the people involved in that transaction and ask, "is this the guy who said he was Ronald?" Isn't THAT enough to be arresting CC?

Right now, I'm thinking CC is in the wind now, he knows people are onto him.

Something is not right. Mrs. Snodgrass, are you sure this is the truth? It just doesn't add up. This guy CC has to be involved somehow, all the pieces fit together.

All i can say is the neighbor guy i will call "D" said that he talked to him a couple weeks ago about it. CC just said that the detective got in touch with him, asked him some questions and then said they would contact him. I dont know if someone is fibbing or not. Its possible that CC just told him that.

If you do a Facebook search for "Ron Shumway" and "Christian Colbert" it comes up, but you have to look in the photo albums to see it. Basically all that's there is evidence that Ron and Christian were considering each other friends beginning in July 2014.

I've been thinking about this new revelation that Christian Colbert claims he spoke with the detective and was questioned and let go.

1. We still don't know who that body is, so from a law enforcement point of view, Ron may still be alive. Finding Christian Colbert proves that the body isn't Christian Colbert, but that's about it.

2. We can confirm that Christian Colbert lived in the house on the 727 side until January 16, 2015 when he was served by the county with an eviction notice. Whether or not Christian moved back in, we don't know. Whether an unknown THIRD person moved in with Ron, we don't know.

3. Someone forged Ron's signature and impersonated Ron in June 2015 and fraudulently sold Ron's house. Was that person Christian Colbert? It seems that if it was, that the notary, the real estate investor, and the guy that bought the house (Sean Chien) would all be able to look at a photo of Christian Colbert and say, "yeah, that's the guy."

4. If Christian Colbert was NOT the one who sold the house illegally and impersonated Ron, then he sure has a lot of things about him that looks suspicious -- moved in with Ron, got kicked out by Ron, had Ron's credit cards, drove Ron's car, has a criminal history for theft and has a history of selling things he doesn't own, has a propensity for losing his temper and having shouting matches that often turn physical, with him as the aggressor, has a history of making fake IDs, has a history of using ID belonging to exes and passing them off as his own. In short, he sure looks like a suspect.

5. Is it possible that Christian was not involved in Ron's disappearance and this is all just a coincidence? Sure. But that means there is a THIRD person, identity unknown at this point, who Ron must have moved in after Christian left in January, but either before or around the same time that Christian moved back in March-April. That third person then must have stolen Ron's ID, forged his name and sold his house, and impersonated Ron on Facebook -- and very likely killed Ron and buried him in the backyard.

If that's what happened, that there is a THIRD roommate/tenant that moved into Ron's house, then that might explain why all Ron's Facebook postings for March are missing. If a third person impersonated Ron, then had the cunning skill to fake Ron's "I met a cowboy and ran off" posts, then it stands to reason that he would have enough skill and forethought to erase all mentions of him on Facebook.

If there is, in fact, a third person, then he must have been living there at the same time Ron had Christian there in March-April, when Mrs. Snodgrass says she and her husband helped Christian move in. (This would apparently have been Christian's third time to live there. Christian was evicted by court order in December 2014, and then again in January 2015.) This means that Christian would likely know who this third person is, or at least what he looks like -- if he in fact exists.

I am leaning towards the notion that there is no third person and that CC lied to his ex-boyfriend "D." Either that or at the time the police first questioned CC, the police didn't know as much as we've uncovered. I find it very hard to believe that CC just happens to have all these suspicious characteristics and habits that mrs. Snodgrass mentioned, plus all these suspicious timeline intersections with Ron, but then had nothing to do with it.

The answer, I think, is in what the real estate investor, the notary, and the first buyer (Sean Chien) all say. If they ID the man who claimed to be Ron as CC, then the cops have their man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back