TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just watched the "Disappeared" episode about Roxanne, and I have a few basic thoughts. For me there are three things that could have occurred: (i) Louis Walls killed her and somehow managed to hide her body very well in a very short period of time; (ii) Roxanne left the motel, walked down the street and eventually got into a taxi driven by Geoffrey Moore --- whom she had already ridden with --- and he assaulted her, killed her, hid her body somewhere and kept her driver's license; or (iii) Roxanne left the motel, walked down the street and was eventually assaulted by some bad person or persons in that bad neighborhood.

While there is good reason to regard the first scenario as the most likely --- Louis Walls was the last to see her, they got into an argument, he had a history of violence --- it is seriously undermined by the alibi witness, who claims she saw him follow Roxanne out from the motel, that she saw Roxanne walk down the street, and that she spent much of the rest of that night in his bed (!).

This is why I like the second scenario, the one involving Geoffrey Moore. As I mentioned, she had already ridden in his taxi earlier that day or the previous day. We also know that she didn't have money on her, so it's possible that he saw her walking down the street, asked her if she needed a ride and told her, when she said she didn't have any money, that that wasn't a problem. What happened after that is impossible to say, but women have been assaulted in cars and by taxi drivers many times. Another thing that makes Moore a decent suspect is that unlike Louis Walls, Moore had a car he could use to drive somewhere and dispose the body. He also didn't come under suspicion for several days, so he had time to hide evidence of his crime.

For the moment, I think that's the most likely scenario to pursue investigation of. Geoffrey Moore.

Crime Watch Daily Coverage:

The Texas Motel Mystery: Where is Roxanne Paltauf

According to police, there remain two persons of interest in Roxanne Paltauf's disappearance: Geoffrey Moore and Louis Walls.

"These two individuals, they have something to hide, and they're hiding it," said Det. James Scott.

Det. Scott, who was the lead detective on the case, shares his theory on what he believes happened to Roxanne.

"Geoffrey Moore, being a sexual predator, he hired prostitutes and then he was rough with them," said Det. Scott. "Louis wanted Roxanne to prostitute herself out for his benefit. And I think what happened is those two worlds collided."

And Roxanne was caught in the middle.

"Roxanne had no interest in that whatsoever," said Det. Scott.

And according to cops, it's possible her refusal to turn tricks may have gotten her killed.

Video coverage in four parts:

[video=youtube;5sgAK5-Ofw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sgAK5-Ofw8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sgAK5-Ofw8[/video]

Roxanne Paltauf was 18 years old on July 7, 2006, when she disappeared from the Budget Inn hotel in Austin, Texas. According to Roxanne's mother, Elizabeth Harris, Roxanne had been staying at the hotel with her boyfriend. The couple had an argument and, according to the boyfriend, she left the hotel, leaving all of her belongings behind. For more information, visit Find Roxanne Paltauf.

559e0f6b1b00002e0027f50f.jpeg

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...show=true#gallery/559e0f6ce4b0967291557f1d/32

She was just 18 at the time of her disappearance. Paltauf had been with then boyfriend, Louis Walls. The two were staying at a Budget Inn in the area. When questioned, Walls told Austin police that the two had gotten into a argument, that afterward she left and that was the last time he saw her.

Austin police have spoken with Walls "many times," but said they have been unable to either eliminate Walls as a suspect or implicate him in Paltauf’s disappearance. No arrests have been made.

The investigation has been moved to the Austin Police Department Cold Case unit, and remains ongoing.

Search continues 12 years later for missing Austin teen

Austin police are looking at potential new evidence in a nearly 13-year-old cold case. Roxanne Paltauf was reported missing on July 8, 2006.

Last week, detectives filed a warrant to obtain her cellphone records after realizing there were possible roaming charges from the night before she disappeared.

(...)

Last week, Austin police detectives reviewed Paltauf's case and realized historical data was never requested from her cell phone provider. So they filed a search warrant for all data and records for Paltauf's phone before, during and after she was reported missing. In that paperwork, they write digital data "could yield evidence to the location of the phone during the night Paltauf disappeared, and possibly assist investigators in locating Paltauf's remains."

Detectives file warrant for possible new evidence in Roxanne Paltauf cold case

Sunday, July 7, marks the 13th anniversary of Roxanne Paltauf's disappearance, and her family is grappling with new information about the case. Earlier this year, Paltauf's sister Rosalynn Schultz (who was just 15 when Paltauf, then 18, went missing) discovered "airtime" charges on Paltauf's phone bill from the night of her disappearance.

...SBM

Today, Paltauf's family continues to investigate her disappearance, which is how Schultz ended up with her sister's phone records and noticed a handful of "unexplainable charges" that could "only be roaming charges" from the night of Paltauf's disappearance. The records, reviewed by the Chronicle, show approximately 48 phone calls made from Paltauf's phone on July 7, including the potential roaming charges for 12 calls between 6:44pm and 8:42pm, the time period during which Paltauf left the hotel, according to Walls. In May, APD Detective Jamie Harvel filed a warrant with T-Mobile, noting in his affidavit that "no historical data has ever been legally requested" by APD regarding Paltauf's phone use. A week ago, Harvel related to Schultz that, as of now, the phone company had only shared the subscriber's information, but the investigation into the airtime charges is ongoing.

New Information in Roxanne Paltauf Disappearance

Today is Roxann's 32nd Birthday...this July she will have been missing for 14 yrs...Happy Birthday Roxann may this year finally bring you home...and the answers you and your family need and deserve...and may justice be brought to those responsible for the crimes committed against you❤

Sunday, July 7, marks the 13th anniversary of Roxanne Paltauf's disappearance, and her family is grappling with new information about the case. Earlier this year, Paltauf's sister Rosalynn Schultz (who was just 15 when Paltauf, then 18, went missing) discovered "airtime" charges on Paltauf's phone bill from the night of her disappearance.

...SBM

Today, Paltauf's family continues to investigate her disappearance, which is how Schultz ended up with her sister's phone records and noticed a handful of "unexplainable charges" that could "only be roaming charges" from the night of Paltauf's disappearance. The records, reviewed by the Chronicle, show approximately 48 phone calls made from Paltauf's phone on July 7, including the potential roaming charges for 12 calls between 6:44pm and 8:42pm, the time period during which Paltauf left the hotel, according to Walls. In May, APD Detective Jamie Harvel filed a warrant with T-Mobile, noting in his affidavit that "no historical data has ever been legally requested" by APD regarding Paltauf's phone use. A week ago, Harvel related to Schultz that, as of now, the phone company had only shared the subscriber's information, but the investigation into the airtime charges is ongoing.

New Information in Roxanne Paltauf Disappearance
They aren’t going to have historical data after 14 years . Isn’t that the first thing you pull on a missing person ? Let’s see where he went . Ugh

For me, the clincher on the boyfriend (as if there isn't enough that makes him look suspicious!) is that when he returned her things to her family, he included her jewelry that according to her sister, she "always wore." If I am pissed at my spouse and stalk off in a huff, as Roxanne supposedly did, I don't stop to take my rings and earrings off. If I were to be in such a hurry to leave that I didn't take my purse or phone, why would I take off my jewelry? Many women, like me, leave on their jewelry all the time... I think he killed her and took everything that could identify her off her person.

Detectives ask for help in cold case involving teen spotted in Amarillo

AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - Detectives with the Austin Police Department are asking for help in a case involving a teen spotted in Amarillo after her disappearance.

Roxanne Paltauf went missing 15 years ago, and cold case detectives are looking into her disappearance.

She was last seen in the area of Rundberg and IH 35 in Austin on July 7, 2006. Paltauf was 18-years-old when she went missing.

Officials received tips that she was spotted in the Amarillo area after she was last seen in Austin.

Detectives ask for help in cold case involving teen spotted in Amarillo

AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - Detectives with the Austin Police Department are asking for help in a case involving a teen spotted in Amarillo after her disappearance.

Roxanne Paltauf went missing 15 years ago, and cold case detectives are looking into her disappearance.

She was last seen in the area of Rundberg and IH 35 in Austin on July 7, 2006. Paltauf was 18-years-old when she went missing.

Officials received tips that she was spotted in the Amarillo area after she was last seen in Austin.
How’d she get to Amarillo ?

How’d she get to Amarillo ?
I just listened to the True Crime Garage episode. I think LW and JM are absolutely the culprits in this case. I believe the Amarillo thing from what I've read online is that someone mentioned there was a girl of Roxanne's description seen in the area at the time. I really hope this case can be closed soon!

I'm also in Austin and familiar with the area, I used to rent an apartment a couple of blocks away from her last known location when I first moved to the city (This was 2 years after she disappeared). I feel like this one can be solved, and she can be found. The places that make the most sense to me is heading east towards where 130 is now, aside from all the parks, Lake Long, and the WM Landfill, the area between 35 and 130 still has a lot of unbuilt-up areas which are just now being built up (and fast).

Unfortunately only about 60 or so percent of homicides are solved. Cold cases over 10 years are exceptionally hard to clear.

Working on this case now. I have some insight into this Amarillo request and need help finding a friend of hers from Amarillo that she called "T". T moved in 2006 from Amarillo to Nampa Idaho to work in her families Mexican Restaurant. I need to find her!!! She may have some important insight into where Roxanne is. Help me however you can...any ideas on how I could get this out there? Please share and help!

Attachments

• TRUE CRIME PODCAST (1).png
    TRUE CRIME PODCAST (1).png
    366.2 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members