Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Rudolph "Rudy" Farias IV
201-rudy.jpg

UPDATE: Rudy suffers from depression, PTSD and anxiety. He has attempted suicide in the past. It is possible he is disoriented as he has not been taking his medication. Rudy is also asthmatic but is not in possession of his inhaler. According to his mother he is very wary around strangers.
UPDATE: The search for Rudy Farias will start up again tomorrow morning. We suspended the search yesterday due to unsafe conditions for our search teams. With the weather clearing, we can resume operations.
Original Post: 17 year old, Rudolph Rudy Farias IV was last seen near Tidwell and Park drive around 6:30 PM on Friday March 6, 2015. He was wearing blue jeans, black Tee Shirt, grey cotton gloves and brown shoes. At the time Rudy went missing he was walking his two dogs. The dogs have been found but Rudy is still missing.
Texas EquuSearch Search And Recovery Non-Profit

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread is open. At this time, the allegations made by Quanell X are allowed for discussion.

But ONLY these allegations. Sleuthing other family members is not allowed here. Additional allegations are not allowed here.
If you can't link it (with an approved link) you can't talk about it. Review the social media rules below this post. Rudy's mother's social media is not allowed unless/until LE says she's a suspect/POI.

Please keep in mind that at this time, these allegations have not been verified by LE and Rudy's mother has not been charged with anything. This is an odd case and rules are being bent to allow you to talk about this.

Last edited:
He was 17, right? So he was almost done with high school?
I think the mother provided various ages for him.

I found one DOB in an article and provided it earlier on this thread, that would have made him about 17 and a half when he was reported missing. But it was not from an official source so I’m not 100% sure it’s accurate. LE also stated 17 as his age at that time, in a recent press conference. But who knows if they consulted birth records or just reiterated what was listed on the original missing person report.

I think it was one of the volunteer PIs who said that when he went missing, he was actually 18 but the mother listed him as 17 because she (the mother) thought she’d get more public attention with the “case” if he was listed as a child.

There’s also been more confusion because Rudy has a half brother with the same name who is supposedly only nine months younger than the Rudy in this case.

So maybe we don’t know his exact age for sure?

Last edited:
Following an interview with detectives, community activist Quanell X, who was in the meeting, claimed that Mr Farias had alleged alarming abuse by his mother. The activist's claims were then confusingly shut down by police, after which he doubled down in an interview with The Independent.

Prosecutors have declined to bring charges against Ms Santana for lying. The decision was condemned by other relatives, with one of her sisters accusing police of a “cover-up”.

An investigation is ongoing as numerous questions remain around the case.
www.independent.co.uk

Rudy Farias ‘plans to avoid mother’ as abuse claims swirl – latest update

Its starting to feel like she will also get away with this. The story seems to be dying out.

On a scale of 10 to 10, LE probably has more important issues to deal with. The bigamy allegedly occurred eleven years ago, in 2012. It should’ve been dealt with then but we don’t know that it was even reported. Probably too much time has passed, statute of limitations?

Since it isn’t a crime for someone to go missing, making a false report can’t be too serious in the eyes of the law either and by various accounts it doesn’t seem as if Rudy was being held against his will. However financially benefiting from a false report would be the crime although so far only the $2k has come to light. The PI organization might have grounds to file a civil suit against her for aiding in a fictitious search but collecting any award might prove impossible.

This mother obviously has serious character flaws but that’s not a crime either. She’s probably enjoying all the media attention she’s getting right now :(. What’s the truth regarding the abuse allegations? I don’t know how anyone can know who to believe amidst all the drama.

JMO

On a scale of 10 to 10, LE probably has more important issues to deal with. The bigamy allegedly occurred eleven years ago, in 2012. It should’ve been dealt with then but we don’t know that it was even reported. Probably too much time has passed, statute of limitations?

Since it isn’t a crime for someone to go missing, making a false report can’t be too serious in the eyes of the law either and by various accounts it doesn’t seem as if Rudy was being held against his will. However financially benefiting from a false report would be the crime although so far only the $2k has come to light. The PI organization might have grounds to file a civil suit against her for aiding in a fictitious search but collecting any award might prove impossible.

This mother obviously has serious character flaws but that’s not a crime either. She’s probably enjoying all the media attention she’s getting right now :(. What’s the truth regarding the abuse allegations? I don’t know how anyone can know who to believe amidst all the drama.

I agree. All “leads” do seem to have been followed up on re the missing persons case.

The mother seems a mentally ill, possibly addicted, scammy type of person. Very dishonest and sneaky as her way of being in the world. But her cons seem small, hard to prove and mostly long ago, with those victimized not pressing charges or not even alive anymore.

Abuse charges would also be a waste of public money imo if the adult victim does not wish to press charges or testify, which Rudy has said he does not.

My feeling is the officer at the press conference misspoke in the moment but not as a cover-up as Quanell X says. LE is required to follow confidentiality laws about adult sexual assault victims.

Instead of saying Rudy did not make those statements, the officer should have said they are not at liberty to discuss that.

The authorities are under strict rules and laws about what they are allowed to publicly state about a possible crime victim and possible suspect and ongoing investigation. Whereas family members and Quannell X can say anything they want and demand anything they want. MOO

Last edited:
Its starting to feel like she will also get away with this. The story seems to be dying out.
I wouldn't worry about that. I'm sure LE is working behind the scenes. They don't have any obligation to tell the public everything they know. In fact, that could be very detrimental to the case they are (hopefully) building.

LE said he was 17 but I don't know that we can trust they did their due diligence on his age.
I'm curious to know, if you (or anyone else here, familiar with them) would have said the same thing about the HPD if Quannell X hadn't accused them of lying.

I know WS is pro-LE/ LE-friendly & all and I am personally 100% pro-cop, but some stations do have a rotten reputation and usually if you do, it's deserved. So, does HPD have this rep or do folks just believe Quannell X over the police chief?

I'm curious to know, if you (or anyone else here, familiar with them) would have said the same thing about the HPD if Quannell X hadn't accused them of lying.

I know WS is pro-LE/ LE-friendly & all and I am personally 100% pro-cop, but some stations do have a rotten reputation and usually if you do, it's deserved. So, does HPD have this rep or do folks just believe Quannell X over the police chief?
I don’t know of HPD having a bad reputation. As a huge department, they seem to me to go by the standard regs and rules and chain of command of the system.

However, I also feel like the white middle class perception of LE and POC less economically advantaged perception of LE tends to be very different anywhere.

I cringed when Quannell X announced publicly that Rudy was sexually abused. On top of the rest of it, now Rudy gets to be known to all as “that guy who had sex with his mother” with everyone weighing in on it. What a nightmare. If Rudy wants to pursue justice on that, he’ll press charges. That’s how it works, right? A third party telling the whole world about it is no substitute. It’s just more trauma imo. Maybe in another twist, Rudy will sue Quannell X.

Last edited:
This case is like peeling and onion.
It's hard to separate fact from outright lies.
Some of the allegations are going to be nearly impossible to prove at this point.
Hoping if he was abused ... that Rudy can avoid anyone who has harmed him, and he can begin to heal.
It could take years !
My .02.

Now I’m wondering about Dateline (who apparently was in on this case at the start, so they already have the beginnings of a show on it) and similar big money crime shows. This seems just the type of twisty turny case they go for.

I’m wondering if they play a role in getting chosen cases pursued that might otherwise be dropped. Money talks, right? Wondering if it’s likely they have their own PIs on the case now.

Anyone know more on that? Sorry if too far off-topic.

Last edited:
Could there possibly be a Folie à deux situation here, living with a mentally ill parent can be very distressing for a child of any age. You want to protect them and help them, but after so long especially of hiding a secret believing your mother is protecting you from getting into trouble with police, a parent experiencing paranoia could well begin to have an effect on the child. Things can snowball out of control which is what I believe could have happened here. Allegedly Rudy has lived with a parent engrossed in an online fantasy world, he may have spent a large part of his life listening to his mother speak about things that to us would seem irrational and obvious lies. However if you are in close proximity with a person, unable to just get up and leave as they’ve instilled into you fear of being arrested for running away for one day, it is possible to find yourself losing touch with reality and beginning to believe in someone else’s delusions and paranoia IMO.

I also wonder how the conversation with Q went, did Q initially ask Rudy if his mother has kept him prisoner? Or did Q ask if his mother has ever harmed him? Or did Rudy open up to Q without questions being asked and without any prompting? If this conversation was recorded I believe the police will have listened and analysed what both Q and Rudy said. If a Folie à deux has occurred at some point over the last 8 years, the police need to approach this investigation very delicately, and may be making statements with the purpose of making someone feel comfortable and not threatened nor cornered.

I am unsure whether to take what Q has said as gospel, though he did appear sincere I did not like how he revealed so many personal details of his conversation with Rudy. IMO that is just a way to completely destroy any trust Rudy may have in Q. Imagine for a second, finally opening up to someone and telling them your deepest darkest experiences, and then within a matter of hours they are surrounded by press telling the world what you trusted them with?

IMO mental illness could be at the heart of this, any investigation needs to be conducted carefully, quietly and confidentially so as not to place anyone at risk. That’s not to say I don’t believe police majorly dropped the ball here back in 2015 and in all the years that followed. But by announcing they plan to charge someone with a crime could well cause them to completely spiral and become a real danger to others’ lives and their own.

However it must be said, if any family members, friends etc had any inkling what was going on these past 8 years. This should have been brought to the attention of the appropriate authorities/professionals IMO. If it was then why wasn’t it followed up properly? If it wasn’t reported then why? Have Janie and Rudy been living an outwardly normal life for some time? Or did those close to them have suspicions?

This is all MOO

"They [HPD] are covering up what they knew years ago, and they didn't want to come out," said Rudy's cousin Michelle Rodriguez.
"Prior to Rudy’s disappearance, his so-called disappearance, his mother had been seen by my late grandma causing abuse to Rudy sexually, physically, mentally, this did not just start when Janie reported Rudy missing," said Rodriguez."

LE said he was 17 but I don't know that we can trust they did their due diligence on his age.
I don't know why LE said he was 17 when missing because he was 18. I checked his birth record, which is a public document. He was born in Oct 1996, making him a few months older than 18 when reported missing in March 2015.

For anyone who is familiar with looking up public records for genealogy, etc., it will take about 30 seconds to confirm. The record shows child's name plus both parents.

jmo

"They [HPD] are covering up what they knew years ago, and they didn't want to come out," said Rudy's cousin Michelle Rodriguez.
"Prior to Rudy’s disappearance, his so-called disappearance, his mother had been seen by my late grandma causing abuse to Rudy sexually, physically, mentally, this did not just start when Janie reported Rudy missing," said Rodriguez."
So the question then begs, why wasn't all this abuse reported to the authorities years ago?
And if it was, and nothing was done about it, then I guess the authorities in the Houston area have some explaining to do. There will be a paper trail of reports, as there always is.

But why would the HPD cover this up and why also would they not want any of this to come out? The article doesn't give any reason for that, just that they did. Seems super sketchy.

So the question then begs, why wasn't all this abuse reported to the authorities years ago?
And if it was, and nothing was done about it, then I guess the authorities in the Houston area have some explaining to do. There will be a paper trail of reports, as there always is.

But why would the HPD cover this up and why also would they not want any of this to come out? The article doesn't give any reason for that, just that they did. Seems super sketchy.

idk about the family but according to the article:
"I talked to the investigator that has been over this case for years, she told me things that she said she reported to HPD over the years, and she wanted HPD to investigate the mother, she told them she thought the mother was involved," said Quanell X."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerbich58
Back