GUILTY TX - Ryan, 48, & Elena Callens, 49, murdered in their Frisco home, 11 Aug 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mom's name was Elena, not Maria. I'm not sure where that is coming from unless it might have been her middle name or something.

Thanks for correcting that.

Thinking about you and your friends :grouphug:

http://www.friscotexas.gov/departme...Frisco Police Investigate Double Homicide.pdf

As officers arrived on scene, they encountered the juvenile suspect and his older sister in front of the residence. When the initial officer was approaching the residence, he overheard the suspect tell his older sister, “I did it.”

When officers entered the residence, they discovered 48-year-old Ryan Callens lying on the floor with a gunshot wound. A rifle, with a flashlight taped to it, was lying nearby. Officers made entry into the master bedroom where 49-year-old Maria Elena Callens was found lying in bed with gunshots to her body.

The 16 year-old juvenile son of the deceased was taken into custody at the location and has been charged with two counts of Murder. He is currently being held at the Collin County Juvenile Detention Center. At a hearing yesterday morning, a District Judge ruled that the suspect will remain in custody at least until the next hearing in two weeks.

wow. He was just standing there, right outside of the house, with his sister, waiting for the cops? Bizarro.

Sounds to me like the boy was resigned to take responsibility for what he did. That's rare.

I doubt that this was about soda and movies. Gotta be something else. MOO

Resentment is one thing but murder is another. Complaints about soda and movies. Two years he could have been on his own. We didn't stock soda in our home and had parental control on our cable box. I'm sure our teens drank soda and watched unapproved shows when visiting friends homes. Maybe there is more to this story. Check the link below under statics how many parents are killed each week by their biological children, interesting. Jmo

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/qa-why-kids-kill-parents/

ciao

Most of the offspring who killed their parents, as we have seen, were actually adult children, meaning they were over 18 years of age. Over the 32-year period examined, the number of juvenile parricide offenders was substantially lower. On the average, juveniles killed 31 fathers and 18 mothers per year.

Interesting that it is adult children who are more likely to kill their parents despite more publicity of adolescents killing their parents. Come to think of it, Jack Gilbert Graham, Charles Whitman, Dipendra of Nepal, and Adam Lanza (over 18) killed their mothers before committing mass murder.

Most of the offspring who killed their parents, as we have seen, were actually adult children, meaning they were over 18 years of age. Over the 32-year period examined, the number of juvenile parricide offenders was substantially lower. On the average, juveniles killed 31 fathers and 18 mothers per year.

Interesting that it is adult children who are more likely to kill their parents despite more publicity of adolescents killing their parents. Come to think of it, Jack Gilbert Graham, Charles Whitman, Dipendra of Nepal, and Adam Lanza (over 18) killed their mothers before committing mass murder.

I also didn't realize most of the time girls are more likely to have an accomplice where boys did not. The whole subject is unsettling but very interesting. Jmo

ciao

I just want to point out that HE isn't quoted as complaining about sodas or movies. Those quotes came from two neighbor girls. That was their interpretation of a strict household. They also mentioned that the family ate organic food. I'm sorry, but we need to keep this in perspective. What's being said in these news articles is coming from the people who are willing to talk to the press. It's not as if the young man himself said "I did it because of movies and sodas." That's a story the paper is selling.

Am I missing why there was a flashlight taped to the rifle? Was it lit?

ciao

I'm thinking so he could sneak up on them in the dark, instead of turning on lights and possibly waking them up. That way they would have no warning and not be able to try to get away or defend themselves. :(

September 2016:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/fri...ets-life-sentence-gunning-parents-frisco-home

A Frisco teen was sentenced to life in prison Monday for murdering his parents two years ago...

As they did in the guilt-innocence phase of the trial, defense attorneys called no witnesses.

But all four of Callens' siblings and three of his aunts testified for the prosecution. All said that he had no remorse over his actions, is a continuing threat to society and deserves a harsh sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back