Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
The Commerce Police Department announced Monday it is searching for a local woman who has been reported missing for more than a week.

Sabrina Marie Foster was seen in the evening of Feb. 18 at her apartment in Commerce. She was reported missing the next day. Family members advised that it is highly unusual for Foster to be without her children.

On Feb. 21, Foster contacted a licensed professional using a phone from a tire shop in the 1500 block of Bryant Street in San Angelo and law enforcement officials are investigating the lead.

Foster is described as a white female, 5 feet and 5 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Foster is reported to be driving her blue 2014 Hyundai Elantra two-door coupe, Texas license plate JYX 4757. Sabrina may be disoriented and having problems making decisions. Attempts to contact Foster’s cell phone has gone straight to voicemail.

http://www.heraldbanner.com/news/co...cle_4b11af62-1b46-11e8-88ec-7fb5de4a2f1e.html
e735d54b1d50f7b8881dc243cf9610e0.jpg

Contacted a licensed professional.....

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Contacted a licensed professional.....

I was thinking the same thing. Therapist maybe? Could be a number of things.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

And it reads like she was last seen in her apartment in the 18th. Yet, she was at the tire shop calling for a licensed professional. Did this location ping on her phone? Or did someone from the tire shop last see her. This seems to be poorly written.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Another missing from hunt county. I hope they find her quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I messed up Sabrina's original post title.
My husband spoke to me while posting.

I am fairly local to this. Sabrina and I attend(ed) the same college and were in a class together several years ago. We have mutual friends....a real case of 6 degrees of Bacon. However, I do not know her personally.

From what I understand from digging into this, Sabrina made the call to the "licensed professional" (described as a "friend" before news really broke on this) from the tire shop and NOT from her personal cell phone. At least that is what I am hearing. She does have a personal cell phone but it is going directly to voicemail.

Surprisingly, for this area, this isn't being discussed out in the open. Usually around here everyone knows everyone else's business and there is a lot of gossip. Maybe I'm just not privy to this happening since I am not from Hunt County originally. My husband is though and he isn't hearing anything either. We both think that's fairly strange.

I am genuinely concerned for Sabrina. :sigh: So, I'm thankful WSers are talking about her.

Also, I wanted to share The Aware Foundation's poster for Sabrina here. As you can see, she looks different in the two images that have been released. The Aware Foundation picture is how I remember her from class but I believe the press release from CPD (and from the Herald Banner article) may provide a more recent image.

**Please note that there is an incorrect Aware poster being circulated that states that Sabrina is driving a Honda. The attached image should be the corrected and more recent version.
Sabrina AWARE UPDATED.jpg

I am fairly local to this. Sabrina and I attend(ed) the same college and were in a class together several years ago. We have mutual friends....a real case of 6 degrees of Bacon. However, I do not know her personally.

From what I understand from digging into this, Sabrina made the call to the "licensed professional" (described as a "friend" before news really broke on this) from the tire shop and NOT from her personal cell phone. At least that is what I am hearing. She does have a personal cell phone but it is going directly to voicemail.

Surprisingly, for this area, this isn't being discussed out in the open. Usually around here everyone knows everyone else's business and there is a lot of gossip. Maybe I'm just not privy to this happening since I am not from Hunt County originally. My husband is though and he isn't hearing anything either. We both think that's fairly strange.

I am genuinely concerned for Sabrina. :sigh: So, I'm thankful WSers are talking about her.
Thank you for sharing your insight as a local. Has this been covered in your local mainstream media? If so, have they given any indication as to what kind of licensed professional she called? That statement just strikes me as very odd. One might say she called a counselor, attorney, plumber etc, but to say she "called a licensed professional" makes no sense to me.

Thank you for sharing your insight as a local. Has this been covered in your local mainstream media? If so, have they given any indication as to what kind of licensed professional she called? That statement just strikes me as very odd. One might say she called a counselor, attorney, plumber etc, but to say she "called a licensed professional" makes no sense to me.

Hi flute!

Media has been typical for the area---not at all what you will see in some cases. Commerce is not that far from DFW (hour and 15 maybe?) but it's also not close enough to draw a lot of media attention. If you are aware of the Michael Chambers case, he disappeared from the same county but I believe his media attention has been a bit more extensive because of his link to DFD. Plus, where he disappeared from is a tiny bit closer to the Metroplex.

Having said that....Sabrina has not received any media coverage that I am personally aware of except posts on our local scanner pages and an article in the Herald Banner (Greenville edition). Pretty normal for the area I would say, given the information that has been released. Where I live, we are a "bigger" city, within driving distance to Commerce to attend classes but closer to DFW. Our local paper has not run Sabrina's story. I hope that helps answer your question?!

FYI: Commerce is really quite small and known for being a small college town. The college there used to be known as East Texas State University but now is called Texas A&M Commerce which makes it more well known since it's a part of the Texas A&M system. So, buildings are being updated yearly and it's becoming more of a "typical" college town than it used to be. I'm still in grad school there so I get school text alerts when things happen in the area and I would say it's a relatively safe area. But, it's still a small enough college where it's possible to run into people you know quite easily on campus. VERY different from a college like UT or SMU. And, I'm putting this out there to show that it really is small enough to recognize someone you had a class with once when you see their picture on a missing person flyer. ;)

No, nothing has been said about what kind of licensed professional she called. When news first broke about her disappearance, San Angelo was not mentioned. A friend posted her photo with a flyer and I recognized her from one of my classes so I started looking into it. A day later, information was updated to let people know that she had been seen in San Angelo and spoken to a "friend" and abruptly hung up. Someone posted that the person at the tire shop said she seemed confused and/or disoriented. Then, Commerce PD released information on their FB page and this was the first time we heard more about that incident. I have not heard or seen what kind of a professional it was. But, that is NOT from a lack of trying to find out, I promise you. I've scoured Facebook and friends of friends of friends to no avail.

Like I said, for some reason....if people are talking, they are talking privately. I wish we had more information to better understand how to help or where to focus our attention. However, I noticed that when people asked questions on public FB posts, it was not accepted well. Not that the people were necessarily rude to questions but a little defensive of all they had done for Sabrina up to that point. As if the questions were suggesting they weren't doing the right thing(s). Which I feel is understandable. Her friends and loved ones seem to be doing all they can. But, I think they don't really realize that they need to take advantage of people asking questions and being focused on her. The lack of information is concerning because many want to help but aren't sure where to focus their efforts. I think this has kept it from being picked up from DFW media honestly because not many are discussing the case as much as I'd like.

I did see that mainstream media in San Angelo has been running Sabrina's story.

I thought Hunt Co sounded familiar - I'm following PaPaw's case here, as well. Hopefully Sabrina's family will have better response than the Chambers family. It sounds like a frustrating situation to say the least!

Sabrina's story sounds as bizarre as PaPaw's. I would encourage all of the locals to keep sharing, sending to TV stations etc. All they need is one reporter to take the story & it can spread from there.

I'm really interested in this case and will be following and praying for her safety!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back