TX TX - Samantha Broberg, 33, missing from Carnival cruise ship, 13 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is video of her sitting up on the railing, with her back to the ocean, and falling backwards. No one else is captured on the video, as far as I know.

Has that been published publicly, does anyone know? I really don't want to see it, but would be interested in the interpretation of those who have seen it, whether it's clear and how much you can really see surrounding her at the time of her fall.

"Due to new information in this case, Cruise Bruise Investigates has changed the cause of death to a Suspicious Death. By definition, "Suspicious Deaths - Cautious distrust of someone or something related to the death. There may be suspicious activities in the time line of events leading up the death that give us the impression, something about the death is questionable."

http://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/Cruise_Ship_Deaths_2016/Samantha_Broberg.html

The stain and the knife - would those be the reason the FBI is involved, or does the FBI get involved in all cruise incidents?

IIRC, there was no knife found and the red stain was a spilled strawberry daiquiri. The person who claimed the knife was in the trash was disproven; said to be seeking 15" of fame. "Cruise Bruise Investigates" based their assumption on COD on these statements prior to their being disproven.

I read everything I could on SM and hoping this is not against TOS, I read where her 2 travel companions returned to the US when the boat docked in Cozumel. They have deleted their FB pages and/or 2016 posts. I got the impression that her sitting on the railing was perhaps a lapse in judgement, clouded by alcohol. Simply tragic for her husband, children and family/friends.

So you think they should have called the coast guard at 9:00 a.m. instead of searching the ship when they noticed she didn't return to her cabin that night?

That's ridiculous. No one knew she went overboard until 5:00. You can't just call the coast guard and have them come out and search waters when you haven't verified that she is definitely NOT on the ship.

If I ruled the planet, I think I would always want to err on the side of caution, and have people searching the water as soon as she wasn't readily located. Would that mean CG searching sometimes when the person is just drunk under a stairwell? Sure. But it also might result in finding a person who went overboard before they drowned.

Has that been published publicly, does anyone know? I really don't want to see it, but would be interested in the interpretation of those who have seen it, whether it's clear and how much you can really see surrounding her at the time of her fall.

As far as I know, no, it has not.

I would be interested in an approximation of how much alcohol she had consumed, and whether other drugs were involved that may have impaired her to the point that she thought she was climbing into her room.

Otherwise, I just can't see a 33 year old woman, alone, doing this kind of as a madcap thing. Again, I don't want to see the video but I would think it would be very telling as to how impaired she was.

I don't know if everyone remembers a blonde cheerleader on a cheerleading trip to Hawaii got drunk with guys in a hot tub at the hotel, went to their room, and was found the next day in the shrubs beneath the window of the boy's room. The boys didn't know what had happened to her - when they awoke to severe hangovers, she was gone but her clothing was still in the room. It was determined that she fell off the balcony, but she was underage and had little experience with alcohol. It's just hard for me to believe that a 33 year old mother would climb that railing and sit on it, regardless of how much alcohol she had consumed, if she didn't intend to die.

IIRC, there was no knife found and the red stain was a spilled strawberry daiquiri. The person who claimed the knife was in the trash was disproven; said to be seeking 15" of fame. "Cruise Bruise Investigates" based their assumption on COD on these statements prior to their being disproven.

I read everything I could on SM and hoping this is not against TOS, I read where her 2 travel companions returned to the US when the boat docked in Cozumel. They have deleted their FB pages and/or 2016 posts. I got the impression that her sitting on the railing was perhaps a lapse in judgement, clouded by alcohol. Simply tragic for her husband, children and family/friends.

Just brainstorming here, but what if someone put something in her drink to further impair her (like a GHB-type drug) so that she caused her own death, and they somehow benefit- like life insurance???

Hey Everyone,

Until a mainstream news source, law enforcement or other approved group reports on a knife or any other legit evidence the Samantha Broberg thread will remain closed.

Her family is asking for privacy. Since there is nothing to suggest Samatha's tragic death was part of a crime we will honor the family's wishes.

Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member