TX TX - San Antonio, Tobin Park Trailhead, 2 WhtMales, UP68077 (Adult Pre20 ) & UP68050 (50-60), Jul'19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cagle

Reaction score
Human remains were found along Salado Creek, in the Ira Lee area at Tobin Park Trailhead on Wednesday, according to the San Antonio Police Department.

A passerby called police after he saw vultures circling near the park and finding a skull.

When officers arrived on scene, the person who notified police walked the officers to the area where he found the skull.

Officers verified that the skull was human and discovered a decomposed body about 75 yards away, according to preliminary information from SAPD.

Crime scene investigators and detectives were called to the location to collect evidence and the remains. It isn't immediately clear whether the remains belong to one or two individuals.

Manner of death has not yet been determined and the case remains under investigation.

More details coming soon. Check back for updates.

Circling vultures lead to discovery of human skull at SA park

This article states that a second decomposing body was also found. I'm alerting a mod to update the title.

Officers met with the caller, who led them to the area where they found a human skull at the Tobin Park Trailhead.

While searching the area, investigators found a second decomposed body about 75 yards away from the first location.

Human remains, decomposed body found in Tobin Park

any guesses on it being missing people from the area? too many to guess?

These two sets of remains are now on NamUs.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP68050
Date Body Found July 10, 2019
ME/C Case Number 2019-1686

Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Age Range 50-60
Height 5' 6"-6' 1"(66-73 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location San Antonio, Texas 78218
County Bexar County

Circumstances of Recovery Unidentified human remains found in wooded area inside a local park.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

#UP68077
ME/C Case Number 2019-1687

Sex Male
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 20
Height 5' 8"-6' 4"(68-76 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

County Bexar County

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found in a wooded area in a local park.

Condition of Remains Not
recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Clothing
Short-sleeved plaid blue and white shirt "George" brand size large 42-44 pants

These two sets of remains are now on NamUs.

#UP68050
ME/C Case Number 2019-1686

Sex Male
Estimated Age Group Adult
Estimated Age Range 50-60
Height 5' 6"-6' 1"(66-73 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

County Bexar County

Circumstances of Recovery Unidentified human remains found in wooded area inside a local park.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Reconstruction of #2019-1686
2019-1686 smaller.png
Unidentified Persons | Bexar County, TX - Official Website

Additional info:

Date Found: July 10, 2019

Description: White male, approximately 30-60 years old, with greater likelihood being between 50-60 years old. He was between approximately 5'7" - 6'1" and the weight was not known. He had a scorpion tattoo on his upper back. He was wearing a black t-shirt that had a picture of Jeff Hanneman from Slayer (wearing a jersey with '47') playing a guitar that had 'Hanneman' on the guitar.

The decedent was discovered in the 100 block of Ira Lee Rd, inside Tobin Park in San Antonio (78218).

San Antonio Police Dept Case #19146403 / NamUs #UP68050

Was looking for more local cases, this one is extremely local. The trailhead where this UID was found is where I park to ride my bike.

My only insights; that while I have seen some homeless folks here, it is a bit out of the way. Also the Slayer shirt makes me think it's a local person. Metal is still huge here (I have a Slayer poster from their final show here on the wall behind me in fact) That shirt was not super common, doesn't seem like a goodwill/donation kind of find?

The UP with a scorpion tattoo matches tattoo and age with missing Roy Loren STEPHENS, missing from Crescent, Oregon in 2005. He was 48 when he went missing and would have been 62-63 at the time the UP with a scorpion tattoo was found. STEPHENS has a scorpion tattoo on his upper back/shoulder. The UP is said to have a scorpion tattoo on the upper back/shoulder area.

NamUs for STEPHENS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).

My colleague has written to the named case owner.

The UP with a scorpion tattoo matches tattoo and age with missing Roy Loren STEPHENS, missing from Crescent, Oregon in 2005. He was 48 when he went missing and would have been 62-63 at the time the UP with a scorpion tattoo was found. STEPHENS has a scorpion tattoo on his upper back/shoulder. The UP is said to have a scorpion tattoo on the upper back/shoulder area.

NamUs for STEPHENS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs).

My colleague has written to the named case owner.
Mr. Stephens had a craniotomy, per NamUs. His skull would have a visible line where this was done. Nothing like that is mentioned in the UID's report, but obviously we don't see the whole file, so it's unlikely but not impossible.

Mr. Stephens had a craniotomy, per NamUs. His skull would have a visible line where this was done. Nothing like that is mentioned in the UID's report, but obviously we don't see the whole file, so it's unlikely but not impossible.
You may be right, though there are two bodies, and if I'm not wrong only one head in this case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prairie Gurl
Back