TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about this and trying so hard to remember what I do when this happens. I think turning on the blinker is so automatic I don't even think about it, which means maybe I wouldn't think to do it if I were upset or scared or anything other than intentionally changing lanes. If a fire truck is behind you do you signal and pull over, or just pull over immediately? It's such a quick reaction I can't say for sure. I know the law says to always signal and I imagine if it were a cop behind me I would be extra super cautious, but I might be freaked out enough to forget.

Just using your post as a jump off, during the first girl he gave a warning to when she pulled away and back onto the road she did not use her blinker from being in park to getting back on the road. Why did he not pull her over again for not using the blinker? I ask this as I live on a major road and see many people pulled over in front of my house due to the speed changing from 50 to 80km, and I've seen cars pull away and get pulled over immediately agin for not using that blinker. Just something that seemed odd to me. As well when driving and a police car pulls a u turn and gets behind me I always feel immediately like they are coming for me (almost never the case), yes she should have followed the rules of the road for lane changing but the outcome has been horrific and heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandra Bland was emotional and often crying during her three days in jail, an inmate held in the adjacent cell said. The inmate, who did not want to be identified, said she did not hear any commotion to indicate foul play.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/sandra-bland-jail-records-shed-new-light-on-mental-history/874337/

Diepraam outlined the autopsy's findings and then showed photos of Bland's body and the plastic bag that was found around her neck, warning media outlets they are "disturbing."

Diepraam said officials released the information because they want to be "open with the public."

I don't usually think about a turn signal for a fire truck unless someone is behind me that needs to know to move one way or the other so I can get out of the way.
I think for police it would depend on their speed and how fast they came up behind me as to whether I would move out of the way fast or flip my signal and then move over to another lane.
I get you about being super cautious though so as not to get a ticket.
It seemed to me in this instance he came up on her fairly fast and then slowed down once he was behind her. It could be her perception that he was tailgating but the speeding up to get behind her was in the video. IMO

I have a feeling I will think of Sandra every time I have to change lanes in front of a police car.

I have a question. When someone commits a minor traffic offense and a police car is driving behind them and he suspects maybe the
person is drunk, or high or up to something.

Doesn't he pull them over? Then he begins to observe the situation, asking a normal question, looking in the vehicle, checking to see
if the person is okay?

If you are smoking a cig and he asks you to put it out, because a cig can be a distraction being used by the driver to conceal their breath, or their state of mind, or just the cig is distracting and right now you need to just focus on the officer.

I don't know any police officer that would know right away that she is who she is a nice person, an activist. He is going by what he sees.
He doesn't know what she has in the car, if she is drunk. She is being strange, he then asks her to get out of the vehicle, she refuses.

Is he trying to see if she is drunk? Hiding something?

Why won't she get out? The officer is asking himself this question. IS he suppose to let her go?

What if this story went another way, what if SHE was a criminal, maybe she IS DRUNK, maybe she has warrants, maybe she is hiding drugs under her drivers seat. Would he have been a hero for not just writing her a ticket?

I understand that her deathis suspicious and I agree it needs to be looked at, but she really didn't help her situation.

I once was approached by two police offers while I sat in my BFs car on my street. He asked us both to get out and he thought I rolled my eyes and he literrally said to me "Bi*ch are you rolling your eyes at me?" I was 17. I did nothing to provoke him and I did not roll my eyes. THAT RIGHT THERE was NOT OKAY. But I don't see this officer doing that right off the bat. I also did not argue with officer who said this to me. He thought I was a hooker! which was absurd since I was just a kid. He realized once I got out of the car and he spoke to me for a few minutes that he was reading the situation wrong. He apologized and let us go. MY point is, he didn't know me from a hooker and didn't know I was just a kid until I came out of the car and he was able to talk to me.

I am not Black by the way.

I am just saying here that she was quick to be defiant and he just didn't know why. MO

Would handcuffs do that?

The marks are just above her tattoo. We don't know where the tattoo was except on her back.

N4RCuAg.png

I've been thinking about this and trying so hard to remember what I do when this happens. I think turning on the blinker is so automatic I don't even think about it, which means maybe I wouldn't think to do it if I were upset or scared or anything other than intentionally changing lanes. If a fire truck is behind you do you signal and pull over, or just pull over immediately? It's such a quick reaction I can't say for sure. I know the law says to always signal and I imagine if it were a cop behind me I would be extra super cautious, but I might be freaked out enough to forget.

Many years ago, a cop was tailing me with his lights on. I thought "Oh $hit, I'm going 5 miles over. I'm cooked etc". I slowed a bit and signaled to pullover, he yelled on his bullhorn, "Get out of the way!!!" Then sped away. (It's one of those things that you just can't win)

I think it's a ridiculous conspiracy theory. Didn't this woman call various people from jail?
How exactly could she have done it if she were dead?

Very true. I wasn't exactly sure of the timeline of it all. I suppose the fact that she is in a prisoner type garb seems to indicate the mugshot wasn't taken straight away, as soon as she came into custody. So that seems to throw the whole timeline into some doubt IMO. Any ideas, anyone, why she would legitimately be photographed in a jumpsuit and not her own clothing?

Would handcuffs do that?

??? I don't know how she hung herself. If she was on top bunk and slid down facing away from the metal bed, she could have gotten the abrasions that way. As for what looks like a puncture, or gash on her back, no idea!

Many years ago, a cop was tailing me with his lights on. I thought "Oh $hit, I'm going 5 miles over. I'm cooked etc". I slowed a bit and signaled to pullover, he yelled on his bullhorn, "Get out of the way!!!" Then sped away. (It's one of those things that you just can't win)

That has happened to me several times, without the bullhorn.

I think I'm about to get pulled over and when I get over they gun it and blast by me and I look like a dork. DERP!

I am very afraid of the power of police, tho, which I why I automatically pull over if one is tailing me really close.

I have always been wary of the thought of getting out of the car, especially if I happened to be alone.....and the way he dragged her just out of camera frame cements that. If it ever happens to me, I will politely refuse to get out of my vehicle and call my attorney. I want a witness.

And they do that very well. LE is one of the safest jobs in America. It is very safe to arrest an unarmed black woman for refusing to put out a cigarette, rather then go out and arrest a real criminal who might be armed and dangerous. So instead of fighting crime, we have gutless cops who harass and arrest law abiding citizens, who are doing nothing wrong.

How did he know she wasn't a criminal? I don't understand how you put all of this on the cop. He doesn't know who she is when he stopped her! All he knows is what she is showing him. I wonder how many people would be interested in this story if she turned out to actually be drunk, or high on something or a wanted criminal.

Most criminals will act this way and the cop in no way was expected to assume that she was a "law abiding citizen" because man was she NOT acting like one.

Her mistake was assuming he was stopping her because she was black, she should have put the cigarrette out and then calmly answered his questions. He would have then realized she wasn't a threat and perhaps given her a ticket or warning, but instead she made herself look suspicious furthering that suspician by refusing to get out of the car.

Many criminals, kidnappers, rapists, murderers and drunk drivers have been stopped like this and caught because of it. He was doing what he was supposed to do.

What happened later is what needs to be addressed, not how she got there. MO

I had a cop do the same thing to me once! It was on a highway in San Francisco rush hour traffic (it was insane!) and I was just trying to stay alive. He zoomed up behind me (no lights or siren on) and I signalled but didn't immediately get into the right lane because, again, trying to stay alive and not to cause an accident. Anyway, he pulled into the left lane and passed me. When he yelled on the bullhorn I nearly had a panic attack on the spot.

Dénouement;11948390 said:
The marks are just above her tattoo. We don't know where the tattoo was except on her back.

Those abrasions are on her shoulder area.

I think I'm about to get pulled over and when I get over they gun it and blast by me and I look like a dork. DERP!

I am very afraid of the power of police, tho, which I why I automatically pull over if one is tailing me really close.

I have always been wary of the thought of getting out of the car, especially if I happened to be alone.....and the way he dragged her just out of camera frame cements that. If it ever happens to me, I will politely refuse to get out of my vehicle and call my attorney. I want a witness.

This is what I would do too. I want a witness and I also don't want to be shot.

Since SB was in jail for three days.. did her family or friends call the jail or visit and let them (LE) know she was suicidal ?
Just wondering since they are obviously devastated now, but did they request SB be on a 24-hour suicide watch ?
:moo:

SABBM

Had to back and watch the dashcam footage, it appeared that the cop followed her closely as she wandered out of view. But , is there different footage ? Maybe a different angle ?
Not trying to disagree if he did in fact drag her.
:moo:

How did he know she wasn't a criminal? I don't understand how you put all of this on the cop. He doesn't know who she is when he stopped her! All he knows is what she is showing him. I wonder how many people would be interested in this story if she turned out to actually be drunk, or high on something or a wanted criminal.

Most criminals will act this way and the cop in no way was expected to assume that she was a "law abiding citizen" because man was she NOT acting like one.

Her mistake was assuming he was stopping her because she was black, she should have put the cigarrette out and then calmly answered his questions. He would have then realized she wasn't a threat and perhaps given her a ticket or warning, but instead she made herself look suspicious furthering that suspician by refusing to get out of the car.

Many criminals, kidnappers, rapists, murderers and drunk drivers have been stopped like this and caught because of it. He was doing what he was supposed to do.

What happened later is what needs to be addressed, not how she got there. MO

I just started following but I haven't seen anything yet to indicate she thought she was stopped due to her race. She did answer his questions and that's when this cop seemed to want to arrest her and demanded she leave her vehicle. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member