Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, I am curious why drive to the apartment complex first before notifying LE about the tip and letting them check it out? It could have been dangerous for her to just show up there, IMO.
I wonder why the person that gave the anonymous tip wouldn’t have just contacted the police and let them take it from there?

Why would she hold the car seat on her lap? They are big and bulky and she's 9 mo pregnant.

I think it was placed there when/after whatever happened.
Not necessarily - when my girls were newborns they were in a small car seat, I think it was called click and connect or something. It would click into the base in the car and then click in the stroller I had. It was light and perfect for if they fell asleep in the car, you didn’t have to wake them and just carry them in the car seat. MOO

My thoughts on the phone, purse, hospital overnight bag being left behind at her apartment are:

SS and MG were forced to leave the apartment by likely more than one person. The couple were then driven away in MG car with another car possibly following. Killed either at the apartment complex where the car was found or killed elsewhere and the car was dumped.

The car seat was perhaps given to SS to make room for MG and maybe one or two others in the back seat while SS was in the front with someone else driving.

Another possibility is SS held (grabbed) the car seat as possibly a way to shield herself from being shot. Although if she was shot in the back of the head while seated in the front seat, that would suggest the killer was in the back seat.

Restraints or ligatures may have been used to control them.

JMO

If this is true, I am curious why drive to the apartment complex first before notifying LE about the tip and letting them check it out? It could have been dangerous for her to just show up there, IMO.
From what I read she called to notify LE of the tip about where the car was parked while on her way to the apartment complex, but arrived ahead of LE.

I think at that time she was probably not expecting to find Savanna murdered by a gun shot in the car, but perhaps in need of medical attention or similar.

Joanie Wasil, Soto’s sister-in-law, told KSAT that someone contacted her via Facebook and said they saw the Optima in the parking lot. She contacted the police as she and her family made their way to the scene. What we know about the case of Savanah Soto, the missing pregnant woman found dead in car with boyfriend

Last edited:
ME confirms identity of MG...

I'm not sure how this works, but I guess something is done with his case. I guess they performed his autopsy?
I don't see Savanah's here yet.

Last edited:
IMO, these are people that do not necessarily trust LE and the SIL was acting on a tip she received given to her rather than LE.

sadly I have seen a few drug deals in my life. "Buyer" gets in car with "seller" usually parked somewhere not to attract attention. In this case, she's very pregnant and probably doesn't want to get out and squish into back seat while business is happening so boyfriend hands her car seat from back and gets in back there with buyer. Buyer either has a grudge or wants revenge or plans on robbing boyfriend, shoots him and then her in the back of the head. I bet boyfriend was in back seat drivers side. Car seat was just in back seat because she was heading to be induced soon. Chances are she had gotten it prior to this incident. If you ever watch the first 48, you will totally get what I think may have happened. Just my opinion

1703737023954.png
While near the crime scene, McManus said, "There are two people in the car ... They are deceased. We believe that it is the missing woman and her boyfriend." Law enforcement officials have offered limited details on the case, which is reportedly being investigated as possibly a capital murder.

A SAPD spokeswoman said that there are no known suspects and that there is not an ongoing threat to the public. Soto's disappearance triggered a CLEAR Alert. CLEAR stands for Coordinated Law Enforcement Adult Rescue and was created back in 2019 to help law enforcement find and rescue missing, kidnapped or abducted adults who are in immediate danger of injury or death

BBM
This makes me think they we’re on their way to the hospital, she was holding the car seat on her lap (weird IMO), and they stopped on the way for a “work” meetup. It went sideways, he was shot & thrown into the backseat, she was shot as she still sat in the front, and they were driven to the apartment complex and car was dumped. But why would she be carrying a car seat on her lap in the front seat in the first place? Why not put it in the back on the way to the hospital? Strange.
I seriously doubt she had it on her lap voluntarily. She was 9 months pregnant---she didn't have a lap.

I think it's what someone suggested upthread---Two perps took control of their car, one drove and the other sat in the back, and removed the car seat so they could closely watch the hostage in back seat.

Good question! Her mom said she was definitely on her way to the hospital because she had the car seat, but that doesn’t make sense.
I know when my husband and I had our daughter, we got the car seat and just put it in the backseat as the hospital installs them for you. If you are already a week late, you didn't just get the car seat that day of induction because you could be having that baby at any time! They should have been prepared to have their baby two weeks early if anything. Also can't say she was on the way to hospital if day of death hasn't been narrowed down.

My thoughts on the phone, purse, hospital overnight bag being left behind at her apartment are:

SS and MG were forced to leave the apartment by likely more than one person. The couple were then driven away in MG car with another car possibly following. Killed either at the apartment complex where the car was found or killed elsewhere and the car was dumped.

The car seat was perhaps given to SS to make room for MG and maybe one or two others in the back seat while SS was in the front with someone else driving.

Another possibility is SS held (grabbed) the car seat as possibly a way to shield herself from being shot. Although if she was shot in the back of the head while seated in the front seat, that would suggest the killer was in the back seat.

Restraints or ligatures may have been used to control them.

JMO
Agree! I did not see your post and posted something similar!

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to containing rumor> Where they were found is a real sketchy place.

Why drive them there? If you are gonna hide a body, why not drive them further out? They weren't far from their apartment.

Why risk driving dead people anywhere????

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is everyone getting the info that she left her phone at the apartment?
News4 link on Savannah Missing FB page has many details including MG dad broke into the apartment on Saturday and found SS's packed hospital bag, purse, a burning candle, and signs they left abruptly. Dad asked if LE could ping their phones and LE refused as the couple were adults and no sign they were not missing voluntarily.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> Where they were found is a real sketchy place.

Why drive them there? If you are gonna hide a body, why not drive them further out? They weren't far from their apartment.

Exactly. My opinion is that they drove themselves there. Perfect place to do a deal. As it is it took days to find the car.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> Where they were found is a real sketchy place.

It's doesn't make sense does it? Maybe the killer(s) actually live nearby and left the car there to hide faster? Or they panicked and just randomly drove the car there.

These are not sophisticated criminals. If there was not another vehicle involved the perps would have needed to walk away and would have parked close to their home turf.

Maybe there wasn't enough gas in the car to drive out of town. Wouldn't be a good idea to stop at a gas station to fill up with dead bloody bodies in the car.

JMO

Exactly. My opinion is that they drove themselves there. Perfect place to do a deal. As it is it took days to find the car.
It’s just weird to carry out an execution style slaying (shot in the back of their heads), as opposed to the way these things usually occur (a hail of gunfire).

BUT, it also doesn’t make a lot of sense for the car to have been driven there with a dead body in the front seat.

This is a weird one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member