TX TX - Selena Kuykendall & 5 other unsolved homicides in Lubbock, 1999-2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I remember that a missing girl here (Jennifer Wilkerson) had been interviewed at the smoke shop where she worked and one of the murdered girls had been interviewed about prostitution I believe. I can't remember which girl is was though, but I thought it was odd. It was one of the two who were found lying dead outside of town. I don't know anything about anyone being banned that are also interested in the Texas homicides.

Thank you Txsvicki, May I ask if the interview was done by a reporter for a newspaper, radio, school newspaper? Can you give me the name of the interviewer or employer who oversaw this interview. Is there a link or transcript, was there a photographer present? Anything? Thank you so much.

Yet another body found. I went to school at Tech. It certainly seems like Lubbock PD has a problem on their hands.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/updates/test/update2.shtml

Snipped because that link doesn't look reliable to keep the story

"Lubbock police said the body a female in her mid twenties was found dead this morning near South Loop 289 and Souteast Drive.
Police Capt. Greg Stevens said investigators were alerted by a woman who noticed the body in a secluded area under the turnaround underpass.
The accident investigation team is working with homicide detectives to determine whether the woman's death was a hit and run or a homicide, Stevens said, as injuries to the body indidcated contact with a vehicle.
More information about the cause of death and the woman's identity will be available early next week following an autopsy, police said. "

Thank you Txsvicki, May I ask if the interview was done by a reporter for a newspaper, radio, school newspaper? Can you give me the name of the interviewer or employer who oversaw this interview. Is there a link or transcript, was there a photographer present? Anything? Thank you so much.

According to reports, the missing girl Jennifer Wilkerson was interviewed a few months before going missing by news channel 11, KCBD. The interview was at the smoke shop where she worked about the "sin tax" on nicotine. I'm not sure exactly when Cynthia Palacio, murder victim, was interviewed, but it was also by the same station. Her interview was about how she hoped to leave prostitution.

Does anyone have a chronological list of the bodies found when and where?

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/112308/loc_358961096.shtml

Police aren't sure how the 25-year-old died, but the search for answers in the death of Kristine Bufkin has Lubbock investigators canvassing three different crime scenes across the county.
Bufkin's lifeless body was found by a passerby around 11 a.m. Saturday near the underpass at South Loop 289 and Southeast Drive, said police Capt. Greg Stevens.
Initially ruled a hit and run, the discovery of Bufkin's damaged car at FM 1729 has investigators questioning how her body ended up several miles away. Stevens said a suspect has been identified whom officers are working to find and question.

Does anyone have a chronological list of the bodies found when and where?

July, 1999 Amanda Gschwend, age 19
found in a cotton field near Olive Avenue and East Municipal Drive- killed by blow to the head, family says badly beaten

July 15, 2003 Cynthia Palacio, age 21
found in a bar ditch West of Slaton, Strangled

April 19, 2004 Linda Trevino Carbajal, age 21
found lying in a dirt road 3 miles West of New Deal on country road 5700, blunt force head wound

April 2007 Selena Kuykendall, age 40
found at the base of a cell phone tower near East Municipal Drive and North Olive Avenue, stabbed and beaten

August 20, 2008 Monica Adams, age 29
Found in an isolated field at Martin Luther King Blvd. and East Bradley Street near a pump jack. (This is about a mile from East Municipal Drive and Olive Avenue ) blunt force trauma to head

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/041909/loc_430742953.shtml

Story last updated at 4/19/2009 - 3:46 am

Selena Kuykendall, 40

• Found: April 10, 2007

• A jogger found the body near the intersection of East Municipal Drive and North Olive Avenue

• She was stabbed and beaten. Linda Carbajal, 21 * 5-year anniversary today

• Found: April 19, 2004

• A passer-by found the body lying in the middle of the narrow road near County Road 5700, a quarter mile west of County Road 2100 (about 3 miles west of New Deal)

• She died from a blunt-force head wound.

Amanda Gschwend, 19

• Found: July 1, 1999

• Farmers found the body in a cotton field near Olive Avenue and East Municipal Drive

• She died from blunt-force injuries to the head. Cynthia Palacio, 21

• Found: July 15, 2003

• A woman driving found the body in a barrow ditch near FM 41 and County Road 78 (west of Slaton)

• She was strangled. Monica Adams, 28

• Found: Aug. 20, 2008

• A pump jack worker found the body near a pump jack in a field near North Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. & East Bradley Street

• She died from blunt-force trauma to the head.

Locations where murder victims with histories of prostitution were found.Information

More at link.

Add these to the list, too. I posted about them in another thread a couple of years ago, but have not checked for any recent updates.

31-year-old Becky Jane Williams - Midland, missing Oct. 1, 2006
43-year-old Paula Jean Tinonga - Midland, missing in Oct. 2006
39-year-old Sandra Lee Pelfrey - Ector County/Odessa, reported missing on Dec. 13, 2006, body found Jan 2007

July, 1999 Amanda Gschwend, age 19
found in a cotton field near Olive Avenue and East Municipal Drive- killed by blow to the head, family says badly beaten

July 15, 2003 Cynthia Palacio, age 21
found in a bar ditch West of Slaton, Strangled

April 19, 2004 Linda Trevino Carbajal, age 21
found lying in a dirt road 3 miles West of New Deal on country road 5700, blunt force head wound

Oct. 1, 2006, Becky Jane Williams, age 31, last seen in Midland, TX

Oct. 2006, Paula Jean Tinonga, age 43

Dec. 13, 2006 (missing date), Sandra Lee Pelfrey [aka Sandra Lee Schairer], age 39, body was found on Jan. 2, 2007 by oil field workers in Monahan's Draw (her body in water, but no water in her lungs or stomach) located about five miles south of Interstate Highway 20 and about 2.5 miles west of FM 1788. No outward signs of trauma, but had cocaine and alcohol in her system.

April 2007 Selena Kuykendall, age 40
found at the base of a cell phone tower near East Municipal Drive and North Olive Avenue, stabbed and beaten

August 20, 2008 Monica Adams, age 29
Found in an isolated field at Martin Luther King Blvd. and East Bradley Street near a pump jack. (This is about a mile from East Municipal Drive and Olive Avenue ) blunt force trauma to head

...a young woman's body, naked from the waist down, dumped on a county road not far from Slaton. Investigators identified the woman as 21-year-old Cynthia Palacio. They say Palacio died of strangulation.

Assistant Chief Deputy Doug Sutton with the Lubbock County Sheriff's Office says he believes the vehicle that dumped Palacio's body may have been a pickup or a vehicle with heavy duty tires. Sutton also says it could be the same truck that dumped Linda Carbajal's body one year later.

Sutton confirms Palacio and Carbajal were roommates, born in the same month of the same year, both 21-years-old when they died, and both dumped on remote county roads.
http://www.kcbd.com/story/27407364/kcbd-investigates-evidence-links-2-unsolved-homicide-cases

KCBD INVESTIGATES: 2007 Homicide of Selena 'Melody' Kuykendall
Posted: Nov 06, 2014 9:24 PM CST Updated: Nov 07, 2014 1:13 PM CST
By Shaley Sanders

LUBBOCK COUNTY, TX (KCBD) -

Investigators say it all the time when working a case - someone knows something. KCBD has launched a major effort to help find the people who know something about six unsolved homicides involving Lubbock women.

Authorities say the victims all lived high-risk lifestyles and were found in rural areas around Lubbock
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/041909/loc_430742953.shtml

http://www.kcbd.com/story/1801252/carbajals-murder-sparks-possible-prostitution-tie-in

Interactive Map

Not all of the victims on this thread lived "high risk" lifestyles.

The one that still bothers me is Stefani Hill's murder:

Story
Story 2
Still Unsolved 10 years later

This was a GOOD girl. While at Texas Tech University, she was in Sigma Phi Lamba - "Sisters for the Lord" sorority.

I am so saddened to see there has been no resolution in her case. The whole situation, the timing of when most students were out of town, finding Stefanie alone, etc., speaks to a level of intimate knowledge and planning involved by the killer.

I guess we just have to keep praying that one day he is caught.

I hope one day they will catch the person(S) involved in the deaths of these women. Nobody should have to die in the manner in which they did, and then tossed out like yesterday's news.

I created an account solely to say I agree with you Samaritan. I moved into Indiana Village apts in June 2002 and ended up living in an apt that backed up to what was her apt. I saw a "Whatever Happened To...." segment on KCBD and have hoped her case will be solved ever since. Somebody knows something out there.

:welcome5:

I created an account solely to say I agree with you Samaritan. I moved into Indiana Village apts in June 2002 and ended up living in an apt that backed up to what was her apt. I saw a "Whatever Happened To...." segment on KCBD and have hoped her case will be solved ever since. Somebody knows something out there.

the earliest murder I saw was 1993 so if it's the same person ... he's been killing for almost 25 years?!

there was a murder when I lived there , my Aunt was teaching at tech and we lived off 14th street and this was the 80's live early 80' and I remember a girl named Jimmi (I think ) was strangled while laying out in her backyard not far from where we lived ...anyhow I will look for her case ...never solved as was a friend I had a class with Stacy Norris (male) he was shot and no killer ever found either

so potentially killing for close to 35 years if the cases are ever linked

the suspect, if not dead, would be slowing down only due to age

there was a murder when I lived there , my Aunt was teaching at tech and we lived off 14th street and this was the 80's live early 80' and I remember a girl named Jimmi (I think ) was strangled while laying out in her backyard not far from where we lived ...anyhow I will look for her case ...never solved as was a friend I had a class with Stacy Norris (male) he was shot and no killer ever found either

I do think the murders of the women who were linked to prostitution are connected.
But Stefanie Hill, my theory is she was murdered by someone she knew. She was on the phone with a friend when she left work at 12:15 and then the fire dept got the call at 12:50, so she had to have been murdered before a neighbor saw the fire. That window is so short.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back