TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just disgusting. Feel sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arrested on a capital murder warrant and now in jail in Colorado.

Snips:
Homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman would not disclose Thursday what evidence investigators have linking Vandewege to the slayings.

A report obtained by the Star-Telegram details his encounter with Glenwood Springs police late Wednesday as follows:

Glenwood Springs police were dispatched to a 7-Eleven about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday after a caller reported that a man had stated he was on the run from police and had gotten into a white Hyundai with no front license plate.

The caller told dispatchers that the man had borrowed his phone to call a few people to talk about a murder. He said the man, whom he identified as “Craig Allen,” was last seen heading toward City Market.

Shortly after 11 p.m., an officer spotted a similar vehicle with no rear license plate. The officer followed the car, watching as it soon pulled into a Shell gas station. The officer then saw the male driver get out of the car, retrieve a license plate from the trunk and screw it onto the car’s license plate holder.

Police did find two loaded pistols on Vandewege — one in a waistband holder and the other in an ankle holster. Vandewege presented officers with a concealed handgun permit issued out of Weld County.

“I did not observe a wedding band on Craig’s left ring finger, but he stated a wedding ring was in his pocket along with numerous condoms,” the report states.

Vandewege was taken to jail and his car impounded. Inside the vehicle, police located numerous boxes of different caliber ammunition, empty gas cans, camouflage clothing, numerous bottles of medication and an AR-15 style rifle and .22 revolver.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article122495769.html#storylink=cpy

I followed the Simpson case way back when, but I honestly don't remember that Nicole was killed by slicing her throat.

Surprised you don't remember that. Her throat wasn't just sliced; she was nearly decapitated.

I thought the funerals haven't happened yet? Aren't they next Tuesday?

You are correct . The funerals were scheduled for the 27th (tues). Media made a mistake again putting the sentence in past tense.

Had a hunch he was involved. no forced entry was one clue. Now, why would he do this?

Mental health issues? Didn't want a family ? Another love interest?

Surprised you don't remember that. Her throat wasn't just sliced; she was nearly decapitated.

I would think I'd remember too! But really, all I remember is the car chase, the gloves, and the verdict.

Snips:
Homicide Sgt. Joe Loughman would not disclose Thursday what evidence investigators have linking Vandewege to the slayings.

A report obtained by the Star-Telegram details his encounter with Glenwood Springs police late Wednesday as follows:

Glenwood Springs police were dispatched to a 7-Eleven about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday after a caller reported that a man had stated he was on the run from police and had gotten into a white Hyundai with no front license plate.

The caller told dispatchers that the man had borrowed his phone to call a few people to talk about a murder. He said the man, whom he identified as “Craig Allen,” was last seen heading toward City Market.

Shortly after 11 p.m., an officer spotted a similar vehicle with no rear license plate. The officer followed the car, watching as it soon pulled into a Shell gas station. The officer then saw the male driver get out of the car, retrieve a license plate from the trunk and screw it onto the car’s license plate holder.

Police did find two loaded pistols on Vandewege — one in a waistband holder and the other in an ankle holster. Vandewege presented officers with a concealed handgun permit issued out of Weld County.

“I did not observe a wedding band on Craig’s left ring finger, but he stated a wedding ring was in his pocket along with numerous condoms,” the report states.

Vandewege was taken to jail and his car impounded. Inside the vehicle, police located numerous boxes of different caliber ammunition, empty gas cans, camouflage clothing, numerous bottles of medication and an AR-15 style rifle and .22 revolver.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article122495769.html#storylink=cpy

Weird!!

You are correct . The funerals were scheduled for the 27th (tues). Media made a mistake again putting the sentence in past tense.

Had a hunch he was involved. no forced entry was one clue. Now, why would he do this?

Mental health issues? Didn't want a family ? Another love interest?

We don't know that he did it just because they arrested him. But he certainly might have. I just have a hard time seeing how they could have a strong case this soon. Or maybe they don't have that strong a case but had reason to believe he was about to make a run for it. Something on his cell phone or computer? Or maybe the autopsy results came back with a time of death that would have been before he said he left?

I hear ya, DexterMorgan.

In this case, it seems LE had good reason to stay all over CV.

We don't know the probable cause for the capital murder warrant yet, but just the details of his arrest in Colorado (posted upthread) lead me to believe that CV was less than truthful with LE (and probably a number of other people as well). JMO.

Ok. Wow.

Hubby did it?

Hmmmmm.

Btw. I knew that hubby was probably guilty.

But websleuths told us that we would get a time out if we blamed the hubby that was supposed to be a victim.

Jmo. So some here have probably speculated his involvement all along.

But we couldn't outright say it. Jmo without a T.O. jmo.

Snips:

Holy crap. Well obviously this guy really does need a lawyer now.

We don't know that he did it just because they arrested him. But he certainly might have. I just have a hard time seeing how they could have a strong case this soon. Or maybe they don't have that strong a case but had reason to believe he was about to make a run for it. Something on his cell phone or computer? Or maybe the autopsy results came back with a time of death that would have been before he said he left?

I said I had a hunch that was he was involved meaning there might be more ppl that are part of it as well. I respect your opinion though

kelsy mittauer ‏@kelsymittauer [video=twitter;812055184918609921]https://twitter.com/kelsymittauer/status/812055184918609921[/video]
MORE: sources tell us @fortworthpd arrested Vandewege in Colorado, where the funerals took place.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I am sad that it is indeed him. Neil Entwistle the second. Except he had no England to go to, so he went to Colorado.

Why, dude? Why?

Well, IMO, it defies common sense to claim that CV might be in jail right now because he's a victim of wrongful LE suspicion........considering he stopped talking to LE, left the state unannounced (as far as we know), told someone he was on the run from police, and was busted in a vehicle with no license plate and multiple guns + ammo + camo + a pocketful of condoms... JMO.

Anyway, now I'm sure we can sleuth and post in regards to CV. He's a suspect alright.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back