TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
(please excuse me if I don't thank your (general you) post sometimes, it's impossible from mobile).

I just joined websleuths because of this case. I live 2 streets over from where this tragedy took place. I have lived in this neighborhood since 2002. To give everyone an idea of what the area is like: Chisholm Ridge (subdivision) is located in Far North Fort Worth. It is less than 2 miles from Saginaw - the neighborhood actually resides in the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw School District, but is technically Fort Worth. I'm assuming if the call was made to 911, it routed to Saginaw initially and then dispatch there routed the call to Fort Worth PD. The Costco, as mentioned by another poster, is less than 5 minutes from our neighborhood.

Chisholm Ridge is a fairly quiet neighborhood, with its share of petty crime. Probably no different than most - mostly vehicle break-ins, stolen lawn decorations, vandalism and not with any frequency.

I keep checking, but have seen no updates on a suspect or reason this mother and baby would be found dead with their throats cut while they were in bed. While I have heard that this is an isolated incident, until there is some type of resolution, I can't really feel safe in my own home.

I'm normally not one to post on forums (I've been a lurker on Reddit for over 5 years), but this just hits too close to home and I would like to keep up with any information to get some kind of peace of mind.

Thanks!
Maria

(please excuse me if I don't thank your (general you) post sometimes, it's impossible from mobile).
Tapatalk app allows thanking and is easier than using your phone's browser, if that's what you're using?

For some reason, I was resistant to using tapatalk for a long time... Related to my general resistance to cell phones probably (with the exception of 2 brief stints in 1996 and 2002, I managed to not own a cell until 2013) but when I gave in, I was pleased I had.

I just joined websleuths because of this case. I live 2 streets over from where this tragedy took place. I have lived in this neighborhood since 2002. To give everyone an idea of what the area is like: Chisholm Ridge (subdivision) is located in Far North Fort Worth. It is less than 2 miles from Saginaw - the neighborhood actually resides in the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw School District, but is technically Fort Worth. I'm assuming if the call was made to 911, it routed to Saginaw initially and then dispatch there routed the call to Fort Worth PD. The Costco, as mentioned by another poster, is less than 5 minutes from our neighborhood.

Chisholm Ridge is a fairly quiet neighborhood, with its share of petty crime. Probably no different than most - mostly vehicle break-ins, stolen lawn decorations, vandalism and not with any frequency.

I keep checking, but have seen no updates on a suspect or reason this mother and baby would be found dead with their throats cut while they were in bed. While I have heard that this is an isolated incident, until there is some type of resolution, I can't really feel safe in my own home.

I'm normally not one to post on forums (I've been a lurker on Reddit for over 5 years), but this just hits too close to home and I would like to keep up with any information to get some kind of peace of mind.

Thanks!
Maria
Welcome, Maria! My cat Charlie says he loves you, too!
Welcome to WS!
cf45fbb3313454ae44c681c8d72bd37a.jpg

This brief news article answers some questions we’ve had:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/shanna-vandewege-texas-mom-baby-son-found-dead-with-neck-wounds/
December 19, 2016, 2:44 PM
Texas mom, baby son found dead with necks cut
FORT WORTH, Texas —
[…] Fort Worth police went to the house after receiving a call from Saginaw police . . .
[…] Mark Riddle, Shanna Vandewege’s father, said his daughter worked as a registered nurse at an area hospital but was still on maternity leave.

Sadly, I think I know the direction this is headed...

Welcome marialovescharlie.

Are there two Costcos in Fort Worth -- the new one about 5 minutes from the neighborhood and another about 25 minutes away?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome marialovescharlie.

Are there two Costcos in Fort Worth -- the new one about 5 minutes from the neighborhood and another about 25 minutes away?

Thank you in advance.
Just answering since I'm here. Yes, there is a Costco located in Grapevine, which is where we used to go. There's also one further away, in Arlington.

Thanks!
Maria

Hi Maria and welcome to WS! Thank you for sharing your perspective.

The sentence I bolded - where did you hear that? Would be very interesting to know.

I hope this case will not go in the direction it seems to be heading now ... :(

EV (MIL) FB page on September 7 has nice photos and some comments that baby DV was in ICU after he stopped breathing.

Would LE say it was homicide if it actually was murder-suicide?Can they do that to protect the family?I think it would be against rules because of alarming the public.

Would LE say it was homicide if it actually was murder-suicide?Can they do that to protect the family?I think it would be against rules because of alarming the public.

I don't think so.

I think the ME would have left the manner of death undetermined for Shanna if the ME wasn't sure it was a homicide, based on all available evidence.

Sometimes the cause or manner of death gets changed if new evidence arises and points in a different direction, but haven't seen any indication that's happened in this case.

I think we nee to eliminate mom as a suspect in a murder suicide. Medical Examiner has ruled this as a double homicide for a reason. Can't imagine suicide by throat slash is a popular method. Interesting the comments by MIL on Facebook about baby stopped breathing in hospital and was rushed to ICU. 2 dramatic events for baby in 3 months and so quick to rule double homocide. Something tells me LE has constant surveillance on CV and that will continue and another reason why media has been so quiet.

I guess I should check out the FB links, but I just do not believe the dad is to blame. It just doesn't make sense to me at this time. I know strange things can happen, but I have even toyed with the idea it could be somebody from her work who has had infertility issues, and in a jealous rage, she decided Shanna shouldn't be happy either.

I am just so resistant right now, to even want to imagine that a father could do this to a newborn little baby. :no:

I am trying to figure out why I am so resistant to the idea that the husband/father might be involved. I know full well that it happens way too often, just like that.

I guess it might be because of her three miscarriages....I had two miscarriages. My husband was so devastated. We both were. So it is so hard for me to imagine that after 3 miscarriages, and finally a healthy baby, this father would slit her little throat. ugh...I just don't want to accept it.

Just answering since I'm here. Yes, there is a Costco located in Grapevine, which is where we used to go. There's also one further away, in Arlington.

There's also the one out by the Hulen Mall, on Overton Ridge Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if husband had a mistress and she was jealous?? I have a 14 month old and I'm very protective over her.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitB
Back