TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most Costcos are in decent areas and he supposedly lived not too far from one. But wouldn't she make way more than him since she was a RN. Now I know she just had the baby and was on leave; But she would have been making decent income once she got back into the workforce. So finances shouldnt be the motive this soon into relocating. Idk
Actually, it's a nice, very safe area. It's the people who are evil, that exist in every neighborhood, that make us doubt. So sad for this poor woman's family to second-guess everything they thought they knew.

I wouldn't be surprised if husband works at the nearby Costco. I've spoken with a few of their managers that transfer around the country as new stores open.

https://mepublic.tarrantcounty.com/MEPublic

MEDICAL EXAMINER’S CASE RECORDS

Case # CO Last Name First Name DOB Age DOD Died/Found Race Sex

1618810 Tarrant Vandewege Shanna 6/4/1980 36 12/15/2016 D White F
Police Department: Fort Worth Police Department Police Svc #: 160118338
Deceased Address: 8517 Cactus Flower Drive , Fort Worth, Texas 76131 Time Of Death 9:50 PM
Occurred Location: 8517 Cactus Flower Drive , Fort Worth, Texas 76131
Place Of Death: bed Prosector: Nizam Peerwani, M.D.
Place Of Death Address: 8517 Cactus Flower Drive , Fort Worth, Texas Manner Of Death: HOMICIDE
Cause Of Death: INCISED WOUND OF ANTERIOR NECK
EDR #: 2017594

1618812 Tarrant Vandewege Diederik 9/5/2016 0 12/15/2016 D White M
Police Department: Fort Worth Police Department Police Svc #: 160118338
Deceased Address: 8517 Cactus Flower Drive , Fort Worth, Texas 76131 Time Of Death 9:50 PM
Occurred Location: 8517 Cactus Flower Drive , Fort Worth, Texas 76131
Place Of Death: bed Prosector: Susan Roe, M.D.
Place Of Death Address: 8517 Cactus Flower Drive , Fort Worth, Texas Manner Of Death: HOMICIDE
Cause Of Death: INCISED WOUND OF NECK
EDR #: 2017618

Has anyone else noticed the time of death? 9:50 PM. Just 40 minutes before the hubby called 911.

CV called 911 at 9:30 pm. I figured 9:50 pm is when SV and DV were pronounced dead?

Verbal assaults just seem to be commonplace, as well as backstabbing. Complaining, constantly, ignoring the charge nurse, my favorite is hearing CNA's in nursing jobs telling me "that's not my job". And not just from very young workers. One older than me one nite told me that when I needed vitals taken! The physical abuse is usually from a patient, but I have heard about it happening with other employees. Like In said, we're just supposed to " suck it up" and keep our mouths shut! Maybe a doc or male nurse was making unwanted advances, and finally snapped. CV is smart to have a lawyer, just because he's not one himself!

I found this Go Fund Me Page -- <modsnip>
asking for donations to help with funeral expenses, etc. for SV and DV. Does anyone else find this odd? They have a nice home, SV had a good job, CV has a job so surely they have insurance, right? But now CV or maybe SV's parents are requesting help for funeral and "other" expenses?

That's just when they were pronounced.
My aunt and uncle died during the summer and weren't found for a few days. Their date/time of death is the day they were found dead, not the day they died.

Has anyone else noticed the time of death? 9:50 PM. Just 40 minutes before the hubby called 911.

I found this Go Fund Me Page -- <modsnip>
asking for donations to help with funeral expenses, etc. for SV and DV. Does anyone else find this odd? They have a nice home, SV had a good job, CV has a job so surely they have insurance, right? But now CV or maybe SV's parents are requesting help for funeral and "other" expenses?

I guess this is the norm nowadays, although I don't know why. I'm from a very small
town and our local obits request donations to . IMO - Absurd.

I don't know if finances could have factored into the murders if CV is the killer.

Maybe SV was supposed to go back to work sooner and wasn't on paid maternity leave, or CV was nursing an expensive habit and piled up a lot of debt, or CV only said he was working but was instead off playing around and not contributing financially and got busted out by SV -- just examples from other intimate homicide cases.

IF CV is the killer, it's just as likely or more likely to me that he had or wanted a separate life and that was a primary motive.

Agree. I wonder how long did he live in that nice size house before she came down. Did he have a month alone in it while trying to live the bachelor life before her arrival?

Anterior incision to the neck on Shanna, and most likely baby, too. Sounds like somebody cut the carotid artery to me, leading me to believe they knew what they were doing. Fast bleed-out, quick death.

Doesn't Costco close early. Like 6pm or 8pm or something?

the 2 nearest me both close at 8:30. But I imagine many employees are there until 9 or 9:30, closing up and counting out. I think CV might have been in a management position.

I guess this is the norm nowadays, although I don't know why. I'm from a very small
town and our local obits request donations to . IMO - Absurd.
Prior to the internet, did you never see an obituary which stated, "in lieu of flowers, please send donations for funeral expenses to the family in care of such and such bank?"
This is just the new that.
Funerals are incredibly expensive. I was 22 when my son died. I needed help. It was before the internet but I'm sure someone would have started a fund like that for me if it had been possible.
People need help for funerals; this is just the modern process of something that's already been happening.

Why do people begrudge donations to others in need?

Maybe after waiting so long to have a baby, Mom was reluctant to return to work. While this is a natural reflex for many new mother's, other career driven women can't wait to get back to work and out of the day to day busy work that stay at home moms do.

Hubby may have had a big reaction if this was the case that she wanted to stay at home.

We haven't heard how this murderer got into the house. This should.be a dead giveaway to LE on their suspicions. As many of you do, I feel we know who the culprit is. The big question is why did he do it? Once again, after three miscarriages, maybe he had changed his mind and did not want children.

Newborns are not always the quite perfect little sleepers. Some demand constant attention. They have a more difficult time adjusting to the outside world. If the couple was going through this adjustment period, it may have been more than he could take!

I am not defending him! There was a real personality disorder with him to be able to so callously, calculated, and coldly kill his wife and newborn baby in the manner he did!

My opinions only.

Agree. I wonder how long did he live in that nice size house before she came down. Did he have a month alone in it while trying to live the bachelor life before her arrival?
Interesting and good point, Dex. Oddly enough, I'm in a similar situation currently, where I'm living in a new town prior to my husband moving here. It's annoying, and maybe my boring middle aged *advertiser censored* is an exception, but I've literally only met my coworkers and a couple neighbors.

Oh... Maybe I just need hotter coworkers? But yeah in my case it's definitely a heart growing fonder thing. I can safely say my husband, as well. Just my thoughts... Going to a new town to get set up means wandering around an empty new place talking way too much to your cats.

I miss mr flourish. Aww.

Also, this is hitting me extra hard on account of my baby boy was 3 months old when he was violently attacked. So sad. All of it.

This case is horrific.

Maybe after waiting so long to have a baby, Mom was reluctant to return to work. While this is a natural reflex for many new mother's, other career driven women can't wait to get back to work and out of the day to day busy work that stay at home moms do.

Hubby may have had a big reaction if this was the case that she wanted to stay at home.

We haven't heard how this murderer got into the house. This should.be a dead giveaway to LE on their suspicions. As many of you do, I feel we know who the culprit is. The big question is why did he do it? Once again, after three miscarriages, maybe he had changed his mind and did not want children.

Newborns are not always the quite perfect little sleepers. Some demand constant attention. They have a more difficult time adjusting to the outside world. If the couple was going through this adjustment period, it may have been more than he could take!

I am not defending him! There was a real personality disorder with him to be able to so callously, calculated, and coldly kill his wife and newborn baby in the manner he did!

My opinions only.

Geez guys!This guy is still a victim for now and has not been called a suspect.He could very well be innocent and in mourning.Wait until more info is released before we start persecuting him.

Geez guys!This guy is still a victim for now and has not been called a suspect.He could very well be innocent and in mourning.Wait until more info is released before we start persecuting him.

They did call him a suspect. Because he won't let them clear him and he is hindering the investigation by having his lawyer telling him to plead the 5th on every question they ask. Or simply don't answer them and/ or dont be in contact with them at all.

Interesting and good point, Dex. Oddly enough, I'm in a similar situation currently, where I'm living in a new town prior to my husband moving here. It's annoying, and maybe my boring middle aged *advertiser censored* is an exception, but I've literally only met my coworkers and a couple neighbors.

Oh... Maybe I just need hotter coworkers? But yeah in my case it's definitely a heart growing fonder thing. I can safely say my husband, as well. Just my thoughts... Going to a new town to get set up means wandering around an empty new place talking way too much to your cats.

I miss mr flourish. Aww.

Also, this is hitting me extra hard on account of my baby boy was 3 months old when he was violently attacked. So sad. All of it.

This case is horrific.

Ahhh. Thanks for sharing Flour. I hope you guys enjoy starting over.

The reset button is wonderful sometimes. A breath of fresh air.

I also think it is strange that CV would post a pic the day they died of her and him in a hospital bed and no baby. Not really the best pic to remember your wife and child.....

Yup, very strange and I would not be on Facebook either.

I miss mr flourish. Aww.

This case is horrific.

I'm sorry to hear this. You're probably not having a good night, tonight. Sending a hug from Texas.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back