Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just jumping to the end to add a few comments, my apologies if this is redundant:

1) Mathews, Peters, Lucas - these are all common Indian surnames. The comedian Russell Peters comes to mind. (They are founded in the small Indo-Christen communities). So the type of Indian in this case, is definitely from India. (When I went to law school in the US, I remember a lot of different demographic forms clumped most Asians together.. in Canada, they tend to use SouthEast Asian for the Indian subcontinent and surrounded areas (Sri Lanka, Indonesia, etc).

2) I am an educated East Indian Woman (Doctorate, Law Degree, CPA), my husband is a truck driver. Imagine those dynamics.. I was born and raised in Canada, my husband in Punjab, India. I do most of the housework - including cooking, cleaning and laundry. (My husband will help if its dire, but really when is there ever a laundry emergency??) However to this credit, he is great with our daughter. My point in this is, despite education and background - we follow a very traditional indian household.. which leads me to 2 thoughts: Either mom did it and dad is covering (Alpha Male, protection) or yes, mom is a cowed woman following her husbands order. (I have often said in times of turmoil and strife, that my husband is the product of a patriarchal society, and I am its victim. (Contrary, we did not have an arranged marriage, but it is very hard to change someones perceptions and attitudes, although we personally have come a long way, a lot of that is credited to the birth of our daughter).

3. Adoptions in India, of special needs children is rare.. Adoptions of special needs female is almost unheard of. So it pulls on my heart strings, that they adopted the most shunned of Indian society, only to let her down. Adopting in India is not a very complex function, usually adoptions are done with families, when relatives have passed or unable to conceive on their own. I would wager that they adopted after coming to the US - in which case they would have undergone rigid screen. And even then WOW can you ever really screen a person..

The last thing I want to say:

PLEASE MOM, TALK. JUST SAY SOMETHING.

I'm exhausted.. tossing and turning all night worried about this baby. Where are you, Sherin?

Who normally does the laundry in that household?
—
I read about Sherin on the news earlier today. A special-needs toddler being disciplined at 3am.
—
I’m masking the dread by wondering how many households have a designated (or default or whatever) laundry doer? My husband rarely does a load. Maybe when I’m really sick which is once in a blue moon.
Because if Mr. Mathews does the laundry then maybe there’s a chance Sherin is alive. (This is how I hold onto hope when I have a child the same age.)

Im just jumping to the end to add a few comments, my apologies if this is redundant:

1) Mathews, Peters, Lucas - these are all common Indian surnames. The comedian Russell Peters comes to mind. (They are founded in the small Indo-Christen communities). So the type of Indian in this case, is definitely from India. (When I went to law school in the US, I remember a lot of different demographic forms clumped most Asians together.. in Canada, they tend to use SouthEast Asian for the Indian subcontinent and surrounded areas (Sri Lanka, Indonesia, etc).

2) I am an educated East Indian Woman (Doctorate, Law Degree, CPA), my husband is a truck driver. Imagine those dynamics.. I was born and raised in Canada, my husband in Punjab, India. I do most of the housework - including cooking, cleaning and laundry. (My husband will help if its dire, but really when is there ever a laundry emergency??) However to this credit, he is great with our daughter. My point in this is, despite education and background - we follow a very traditional indian household.. which leads me to 2 thoughts: Either mom did it and dad is covering (Alpha Male, protection) or yes, mom is a cowed woman following her husbands order. (I have often said in times of turmoil and strife, that my husband is the product of a patriarchal society, and I am its victim. (Contrary, we did not have an arranged marriage, but it is very hard to change someones perceptions and attitudes, although we personally have come a long way, a lot of that is credited to the birth of our daughter).

3. Adoptions in India, of special needs children is rare.. Adoptions of special needs female is almost unheard of. So it pulls on my heart strings, that they adopted the most shunned of Indian society, only to let her down. Adopting in India is not a very complex function, usually adoptions are done with families, when relatives have passed or unable to conceive on their own. I would wager that they adopted after coming to the US - in which case they would have undergone rigid screen. And even then WOW can you ever really screen a person..

Thanks for your insights, Riice (and those of other new members in here also appreciated). Totally agree in the hope that mom will eventually be forthcoming.

To me, the standout thing about the laundry is not that dad (vs mom) did it, and not that a dad of whatever culture did it (vs mom). It's not even that it was done at 3:15 AM (hey, I keep odd hours, as evidenced by this post).

It's that the laundry chore was his reported response to his 3-yr old daughter vanishing from a dark alley behind his home at 3:15 in the morning. Coupled with his expressed casual expectation of hope that she might wander back later. This has to win the prize for Worst Story Ever.

I really expected to hear something from the search warrant by now. I think if I'm honest I think this baby isn't alive. If that is the case the longer it takes to find her the higher the chance of losing valuable evidence. I also think the mum is hiding info about the dad and if she is I hope they both get the same jail time. I prayed for hours lay in bed last night for them to find her. *advertiser censored*

Thank you for your perspective.
BBM: If so rare, then it leads me to wonder exactly *why* this child was adopted. I wish it were for "God fearing people" reasons, but given the current situation....my mind goes to a much darker place....sadly.

And yes, I don't believe for one second this "mother" doesn't know what went on in her home. If this child has been abused prior to her disappearance, there would be signs. As a woman, I would hope that she will step up and do the right thing (SPEAK!) despite whatever cultural norms exist.

Three vehicles were towed and examined. I’ve seen that two were minivans (rumor for now I guess). I wonder what type and if the third car belonged to the couple or if there is another person living in the home who drives it. Having a retired parent (grandparent) living with adult children is pretty common these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: TES, you are correct, I forgot about this, have there been any exceptions to date?

I feel like he works off information from the family and police so if they dont cooperate with him, he isnt able to do much. He also was very spiritual and prays before the searches, etc and if the energy is not right I could see him leaving.

You guys...removing boxes of evidence from the home instead of looking for the child....I think this speaks volumes.

She's a nurse, he's in IT

Do you have a link that identifies the POI's profession? The spouse is easily confirmed through State licensing however would like more info regarding husband.

I think they do fear him possibly going back to India...and even disappearing...

Extradition laws?
Extremely probable! Personally, I am very impressed they have taken all of that into consideration. Now, if they have only put a monitor on all of their accounts! This is such an outrageous case so far. I'm completely dumb-struck by the details surrounding this case so far.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Again. They have been confirmed as having TWO children. Their biological child who is 4 years old and Sherin.
Again, I stated I had read this earlier and was not sure this had been found differently. I was still catching up on reading. No need for snarkiness. Not, everyone is specifically through all of this thread. I had not read at that point it was confirmed they only had 2 children, only that one 4 y/o had been removed.

Again, I stated I had read this earlier and was not sure this had been found differently. I was still catching up on reading. No need for snarkiness. Not, everyone is specifically through all of this thread. I had not read at that point it was confirmed they only had 2 children, only that one 4 y/o had been removed.

I wasn't attempting to be snarky. I was just being succinct.

Thank you! We do too. We have faith though. Everything done in the dark eventually comes to light. I pray that this little girl is found quickly. This is really horrible. Bless her little heart. In her short little life, there seems she hasn't had much peace. MOO

I am South Indian and as the prior poster had said adoptions are very rare in our culture. Also, the church they belong to are very very deeply religious sect of Protestantism. There are rarely ever any crimes in our community and also there is very little divorce. Many women tend to stay with the abusive husbands and are taught from a young age that the male is the head of the household. Although most people in the community who grew up here in the USA are not like that anymore. The laundry thing is very weird ( even though my hubby does laundry and dishes). I think both him and the wife are up to something sinister and I doubt they had good intentions even when they adopted her. My heart breaks for this little innocent baby. This case has been on my mind since she went missing and I hope that she if found, although signs don't look good of her being found alive. I hope this sweet little baby is at peace wherever she is.

As for where they were yesterday, the dad at least, was getting his electronic monitor put on at the Dallas County jail. He and the owner of the bonding company his bond was posted through were there for several hours. There was someone from news radio 1080 outside waiting to try and get an interview with the dad when he left, the radio guy said he had been waiting for about 5 hours. Don't think they did an interview. Not sure if it normally takes that long or if they were purposefully keeping him there while the house was being searched.

I am South Indian and as the prior poster had said adoptions are very rare in our culture. Also, the church they belong to are very very deeply religious sect of Protestantism. There are rarely ever any crimes in our community and also there is very little divorce. Many women tend to stay with the abusive husbands and are taught from a young age that the male is the head of the household. Although most people in the community who grew up here in the USA are not like that anymore. The laundry thing is very weird ( even though my hubby does laundry and dishes). I think both him and the wife are up to something sinister and I doubt they had good intentions even when they adopted her. My heart breaks for this little innocent baby. This case has been on my mind since she went missing and I hope that she if found, although signs don't look good of her being found alive. I hope this sweet little baby is at peace wherever she is.

Hotbell and Riice, I have appreciated your insight. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of a culture many of us are not familiar with.

Regarding adoption of a special needs child..... I wonder if it wasn't obvious that she had developmental delays or issues when they adopted her.

Also, I've read this entire thread but I can't remember if it has been stated how long this family has lived in the States.

I would like to know more about their church. I've looked and looked but haven't found much info. One site indicates that it has been "closed permanently", but I'm not putting stock into that. I would imagine other church members know details about this family.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your insight.

I try to avoid looking at cases from a cultural perspective, because I feel in cases before, people gt too hung up perceived notions about a person's culture. And often, those perceptions are not correct in the cases. But when the church bailed him out AFTER it was released that he left her for punishment and all else that we know...I wondered about how the church viewed men and violence. IMO, I doubt the wife will say much of what she knows. And I think she knows everything. Clearly, her community values him more than the child. I can't imagine the wife will be supported by anyone if she talks. And I don't think they would bail her out if she were arrested.

The mother had trouble conceiving. When they had their child, they decided to adopt another to give her a life she wouldn’t have in India. They said they had the resources to do so. She’s been with the family 1.5 years and was severely under weight when they adopted her. I don’t know if they knew of her disabilities at the time. Based on the dad’s story, it sounds like he was frustrated with her. With the previous involvement of CPS, it’s possible he was abusive with her in general. Who made the CPS reports? What was the abuse? The other child is in protective custody. Was she in danger? Did they want to interview her? Was it to prevent the family from leaving the country? We’re hearing from neighbors and church members but not a peep from mom, dad or extended family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro