Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated at 7:15 p.m. Oct 10.:*Revised throughout to include additional details.*

Authorities on Tuesday evening searched the Richardson home of a 3-year-old girl who has been missing since Saturday when her father sent her outside as punishment for not drinking her milk.*

Richardson police along with an FBI evidence recovery team entered the house Tuesday night to execute a search warrant, police Sgt. Kevin Perlich said.*

The search was part of the "natural progression" of the investigation, he said.*

Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, 37, was arrested Saturday on a charge of abandoning or endangering a child. He was released from custody late Sunday after posting $250,000 bond.

*He is required to wear an electronic monitoring device and surrender his passport as part of the conditions of his bond.

Why was the last sighting at 3 o'clock and the parents not call us until after 8 a.m., that's the question we want answered as well,"*Perlich told KXAS-TV NBC5.*"As far as why she was out there, how long she was out there, that's the questions we have for the parents."

The girl's mother does not face any charges. She was in the house at the time, but was reportedly asleep and unaware of what Wesley Mathews was doing, Perlich said.*

Sherin's parents are no longer speaking with police and have since retained attorneys, he said.*

Investigators will process what they've collected, including security footage, electronics and items in the family's three vehicles that were towed from the home Saturday, Perlich said.*

On Monday, police retrieved an item from near the tree where Sherin was left and placed it in a bag. It was unclear what the object was and whether it was of any "evidentiary value," Perlich said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk
Catching up so excuse if someone has asked already, but is it usual for the ankle monitoring and passport surrendering to be done? I've not heard of a case where this has been done, but perhaps since the crime occurred in a border state it's common practice? TIA to any more familiar than me.

I can't help but have serious Ramsey vibes...im one who believes BDI and the parents tried to stage something to cover the accident...i get the feeling this case may be that an accident occurred, and due to fear or guilt the father if not both parents took their time to come up with a story prior to calling 911. I don't think it necessarily always has to be malicious....i think many who have seen true crime shows or popular media may fear how police would interpret an accident, especially if there are any cultural differences...that being said, the fact the that the story is she was set outside for punishment leads me to believe that whether or not the event that occurred was malicious, there was definite abuse already occurring in the household.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, PC takes time to develop. A judge might sign a SW while just skimming the affidavit; other judges will analyze the affidavit word for word, and require other avenues be exhausted before signing.

Could they show Probable cause if they are concerned the child could be inside -possibly needing medical attention?

If they have no scent at the tree and no decomp in the car. Could they consider that the child is still in the home?
I wonder if the 4 year old has been questioned while in he care of CPS.

Yes, that is referred to a EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES. If an officer has a reasonable fear that someone is being hurt, in danger or will be hurt; then that officer may enter a residence WITHOUT warrant to secure the safety of the victim.

For example, a police officer is called to a house for a welfare check. He knocks, receives no answer.

Let's say that officer noticed a drop of blood, OR heard a loud thud inside, OR heard a pop/bang, OR heard a scream/loud crying, OR smelled a foul smell at the door, that officer can justify entering the residence WITHOUT WARRANT, using force if necessary (ie kicking the door open).

IF the officer kicks the door open (ie makes up an excuse of exigency), and NO ONE was in any danger, any culpable evidence found as a result is inadmissible.

This is why cops try to get a SW if there's time. Anything found as a result of Exigencies can be a grey area and subject to challenge in court by the defense.

Marking my spot..... what a god-awful mess.
Who puts their baby outside at 3am ?

Unless she's already deceased and they came up with this stupid 'story'.
What's wrong with some people ?
:moo:

RSBM
Marking my spot..... what a god-awful mess.
Who puts their baby outside at 3am ?

My 5 year old doesn't go out alone. In the daytime. In my fully fenced in yard. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catching up so excuse if someone has asked already, but is it usual for the ankle monitoring and passport surrendering to be done? I've not heard of a case where this has been done, but perhaps since the crime occurred in a border state it's common practice? TIA to any more familiar than me.

I can't help but have serious Ramsey vibes...im one who believes BDI and the parents tried to stage something to cover the accident...i get the feeling this case may be that an accident occurred, and due to fear or guilt the father if not both parents took their time to come up with a story prior to calling 911. I don't think it necessarily always has to be malicious....i think many who have seen true crime shows or popular media may fear how police would interpret an accident, especially if there are any cultural differences...that being said, the fact the that the story is she was set outside for punishment leads me to believe that whether or not the event that occurred was malicious, there was definite abuse already occurring in the household.

It is not unusual at all. Especially if the judge feels that the person is a flight risk. Such as having financial means to flee the country or immediate area, outside help potential IE. friends, family church ties etc who could shelter him. In this case, he is very close to a country border so he absolutely could flee and is a very probable reason for both measures un thia case.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It takes time to develop Probable Cause to get a SW. PC requires EVIDENCE, not strange behaviors, bizarre explanations or impropriety. Everyone is entitled to protection under the 4th Amendment. Even monsters.

Unfortunately, PC takes time to develop. A judge might sign a SW while just skimming the affidavit; other judges will analyze the affidavit word for word, and require other avenues be exhausted before signing.

I think in missing children cases the homes are searched immediately. Not in an attempt to find evidence about the parent but just to get a lead on where the child may be. It makes me think in the majority of the cases the parents give immediate consent to search the home and in this case maybe they were asked and declined until a warrant was gotten. **speculative**

My husband and I both do laundry, more often it's me because I'm here so much more than he is but he does at least a couple loads a week. **He also cooks but he doesn't do dishes** Our oldest kids 17, 14 and 11, have each done most of their own laundry since they were about 10.

Same with us. If one cooks, the other does clean up. We usually split the laundry or do turn about. Same with other household and yard work. Our kids knew how to fix a basic meal for themselves and do their own laundry by age 9-10 as well. I will say, that for us, it would not be uncommon for us to do chores at night, such as load the dishwasher or throw in a load of laundry at 2-3 a.m. We've even gone out and run our vehicles through the local car wash after midnight (no line).

What I do find odd is the method of punishment for not drinking a glass of milk. He sent a child out into the backyard, in the middle of the night, to stand alone in the dark, because she didn't drink her milk. Seriously, that, is just an absurd punishment. It's too absurd.

I think in missing children cases the homes are searched immediately. Not in an attempt to find evidence about the parent but just to get a lead on where the child may be. It makes me think in the majority of the cases the parents give immediate consent to search the home and in this case maybe they were asked and declined until a warrant was gotten. **speculative**

Also, in the case of a missing child, it's within the realm of possibilities that the child is hiding or stuck somewhere in the house! Of course you would welcome help in searching the house. Strange not to welcome it, imo.

jmopinion

I also read this last night in the first few pages here. Not sure if it has been proven false. I've not gotten very far catching up after vacation.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Again. They have been confirmed as having TWO children. Their biological child who is 4 years old and Sherin.

to me the doing laundry doesn't surprise or make me suspicious. it's the fact it was at 3 am. if it were mom that did it i would still be suspicious.

There is a free lance journalist doing a live feed of the house search from across the street on SM. They've been there searching for about 2 hours now. Flashes from a camera in the left front room inside the house at least 4-5 times (can see flashes through the window.) Primary focus is inside the house.

There is a free lance journalist doing a live feed of the house search from across the street on SM. They've been there searching for about 2 hours now. Flashes from a camera in the left front room inside the house at least 4-5 times (can see flashes through the window.) Primary focus is inside the house.
Can you post the link or give the name?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

to me the doing laundry doesn't surprise or make me suspicious. it's the fact it was at 3 am. if it were mom that did it i would still be suspicious.

No, I certainly didn’t mean to imply him doing laundry was suspicious. With a 3 & 4yr old there’s certainly plenty to be done. Just thinking in terms if she always did the laundry then him doing the laundry (in addition to it being 3am) would be out of pattern.
—
Just adding the general thought that I cannot fathom staying inside waiting on a 3yr old to show up. Not when another adult is there to watch the other young child.

I hope you are not implying that you think the sibling hurt her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have but it was because I had to wash, say work clothes and then diapers before the morning, linens after someone was sick or our basement was flooding. No one else would ever notice if I did. We have a relatively small house but where our laundry room is in the basement we can't hear it from upstairs.

I have a bad feeling Sherin was sexually assaulted by the adoptive dad. JMO

I said the same thing the first day, but my post got removed. I still think that's what happened. "Drink your milk" is probably some disgusting code language he used with her.

I hope you are not implying that you think the sibling hurt her.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In this case absolutely not. But in the Ramsey case I believe the grand jury shares the same sentiments I and many other have.

My point was that even if a death was completely accidental without premeditation and a true tragedy, parents may fear the police and public response and attempt to cover it rather than simply call 911. As many of us have never been in the situation, we can only imagine what we would do... so to me the 5 hr delay in calling the police doesn't to me scream premeditation so much as it screams knowledge of what happened. They're in no rush to find her because they know where she is...they just don't want anyone else to know at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member